Sta11ion is offline Member

GROWTH HORMONE RELEASING PEPTIDE-6 (C46H56N12O6) or (C49H63N13O6) ?

There is this site which is claiming they are selling GROWTH HORMONE RELEASING Peptide - 6, I am not to familiar with the difference in the two, one is His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 and the other is H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2. Would anyone know the difference and why?

kevin69 is offline New Member
    Someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that the only difference is that one is Agonist (which is used for bulking because it increases GH levels, increases appetite and raise IGF-1 levels) and the other is the Antagonist (which is for cutting because it decreases appetite, body fat , lowers glucose blood levels and increases muscle...) His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 = Agonist H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2= Antagonist .... I hope that helps clear it up for you .
    Last edited by kevin69; 02-18-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    nice first post kevin

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin69
    Someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that the only difference is that one is Agonist (which is used for bulking because it increases GH levels, increases appetite and raise IGF-1 levels) and the other is the Antagonist (which is for cutting because it decreases appetite, body fat , lowers glucose blood levels and increases muscle...) His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 = Agonist H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2= Antagonist .... I hope that helps clear it up for you .
    This is exactly my understanding - not sure which is which. I had a logical problem with this however. How can stimulating and inhibiting the same peptide (ghrelin), while having otherwise opposite effects, both be beneficial to lean muscle mass?

Research has shown that [D-Lys³] GHRP- 6, a GHRP-6 antagonist, had no effect on GHRP-6 induced GH secretion even at an IV dose of 2 mg/kg

This is the theory of how it works as i understand it
    ghrelin antagonist, is a high potency full inverse agonist, as it decreased the signaling of the ghrelin receptor down. The homologous motilin receptor functions as a negative control. this produces a agonist stimulation of the motilin receptor signal as strong as the un-stimulated ghrelin receptor. this activity is thought to be the reason behind why you can increase GH secretion and decrease appetite using [D-Lys³] GHRP-6.
    however this topic is still quite a bit over my head so if anyone has more information on this topic or a better explaination i would love to hear it .

p.s here is a few links to journals that have some really good information on the subject

http://mend.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/15/9/1484

http://journals.endocrinology.org/jo...joe1520155.htm

http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/con...act/130/5/2579

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Good info, Kevin. "no effect on GHRP-6 induced GH secretion even at an IV dose of 2 mg/kg" - that's pretty disappointing, I imagine if you're paying $80/mg and shooting IM. LOL...

Sorry i must of been a bit confusing trying to explain it. hope this helps clear it up GHRP-6 antagonist has been shown to have an important role in regulating GH secretion . what i was trying to say when i said "GHRP-6 antagonist, had no effect on GHRP-6 induced GH secretion even at an IV dose of 2 mg/kg" is just that the antagonist did not supress the GH secretion that was already induced by GHRP-6 in the study. this just shows that the antagonist uses a different signaling pathway than that of the ghrelin receptor.

(GHRP-6 antagonist does allow your body to realese more GH while it controls your appetite)

Hope that helps

dale is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin69
    Sorry i must of been a bit confusing trying to explain it. hope this helps clear it up GHRP-6 antagonist has been shown to have an important role in regulating GH secretion . what i was trying to say when i said "GHRP-6 antagonist, had no effect on GHRP-6 induced GH secretion even at an IV dose of 2 mg/kg" is just that the antagonist did not supress the GH secretion that was already induced by GHRP-6 in the study. this just shows that the antagonist uses a different signaling pathway than that of the ghrelin receptor.

(GHRP-6 antagonist does allow your body to realese more GH while it controls your appetite)

Hope that helps

wholly crap fella....where did you come from???

dtr98 is offline Member
    has anyone used the--- Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-6 (c46h56n12o6 yet?
    if so, at what dose and how long, im, sq, etc etc.
    thinking of trying some
    thanks

Nope havn't tried it yet.. but from what i have been reading most people who are using it are taking 80-100 mcgs ,PWO, sq and are using it from 2-4 weeks to start with. However it is very experimental with very few people who have actually tried it.

P.s If you do decide to try it i would be really intrested in hearing the results you get because it sounds like a very intresting peptide.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Good information Kevin...

I read over what you said and your spot on for sure

So you arre saying H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2= Antagonist, I have tried to look up so more info on this and you are right. But would it actually decrease appetite, if so would that be the reason why you would not be able to bulk?

sorry
    Last edited by Sta11ion; 02-21-2005 at 12:36 PM.

I found the answer ExaMple#People who have forms of obesity have been linked to higher levels of ghrelin which trigger appetite stimulation and faster gastric emptying. Antagonist actually suppresses ghrelin so thats why you would reduce appetite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    So you arre saying H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2= Antagonist, I have tried to look up so more info on this and you are right. But would it actually decrease appetite, if so would that be the reason why you would not be able to bulk?

There have been studys that show His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 actively release GH in humans even more than animals. But H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2 shows it to be more effective on animals. I was not able to find to much studys for H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2 most of them were used on obese humans. So I was just wondering would His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 be the better choice for a athelete?
    Last edited by Sta11ion; 02-23-2005 at 10:36 AM.

Duma is offline Associate Member
    obsessed humans? obese humans perhaps?

dtr98 is offline Member
    does not compute

Quote Originally Posted by Duma

Quote Originally Posted by Duma
    I am so sorry professor, next time I will double check my homework before handing it in.

I believe His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-Phe-Lys-NH2 would be a better choice, just because you would not need to fear losing your appetite. But I am curious using H-His-D-Trp-D-Lys-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2 with the use of Deca and some test that should counter act the loss of appetite. I might just try this stuff.

Bump, I am wondering if anyone tried this stuff yet?

dtr98 is offline Member
    i haven't yet, couldn't get enough/any info.
    bump for anyone

Thread Information