Josey Wales is offline Associate Member

Using Insulin & GH Together

If you run GH and slin together, which do you take first? I've seen differing opinions on this elsewhere, but I wanted to get the collective wisdom of the AR team. If you are only running GH and slin once a day (slin = post workout), do you use the GH pre-workout or two hours after your slin shot? Thanks.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    good Q, here's a bump

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I belive GH in the AM and early afternoon, some take it prior bed time also. So split your doses. Insulin always PWO though.

-Gear

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    The bedtime GH injections is benificial to guys over 40 who's natural gh production is very low. Morning, followed by mid-afternoon injections are recommended for younger guys so it doesn't interfere with the natural night gh production. But oppinions do differ on this subject.
    I'm splitting my gh injections so I take one in the morning, one in the mid afternoon, and one after my workout with insulin . I do it this way because it fits into my daily schedule well.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Probably the best times to take your HGH would be early morning (3:00-4:00 if you get up for a bathroom break in the night). If not, first thing when you wake up works well. If your doses are 3 IU's or above, it is most beneficial to split your injections either into the early morning - later morning, when you wake - early afternoon, or as mentioned if you are older, morning - bedtime.

Insulin is best used immediately post workout. Its only real function for a non-diabetic is to shuttle nutrients to the muscles to recharge glycogen stores after they are depleted by working out. Taking it at other times is just asking to get fat and create a environment of insulin resistance which equates to less uptake into the muscles ... exactly the opposite of what we want. The sooner after a workout you inject and take in the proper post slin nutrition, the faster your muscles pull out of a catabolic state and begin to recover and grow.
    i enjoy reading your responses rb. you know what your talking about and you get it out in a clear, concise manner.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Add an iu of HGH to your slin it help with the nutrient up take in the muscles, there is a study posted here about it.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Probably the best times to take your HGH would be early morning (3:00-4:00 if you get up for a bathroom break in the night). If not, first thing when you wake up works well. If your doses are 3 IU's or above, it is most beneficial to split your injections either into the early morning - later morning, when you wake - early afternoon, or as mentioned if you are older, morning - bedtime.

Insulin is best used immediately post workout. Its only real function for a non-diabetic is to shuttle nutrients to the muscles to recharge glycogen stores after they are depleted by working out. Taking it at other times is just asking to get fat and create a environment of insulin resistance which equates to less uptake into the muscles ... exactly the opposite of what we want. The sooner after a workout you inject and take in the proper post slin nutrition, the faster your muscles pull out of a catabolic state and begin to recover and grow.
    Couldn't of been said any better.

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    Johnny B.,

Can you pre-load a pin with GH and Slin the night before your workout? In other words, will mixing GH and Slin and leaving the pin in the fridge overnight degrade or harm either the GH or the Slin? Thanks.

Thread Information