OMG I just took slin!!!!!!! (First timer)

Oh man. Just finishing hitting chest. Took 5ius Humalin-R for the first time with my buddy. Immediately had a "Carbo Rush" 66g Carbs.

Just got home and now I'm waiting 15 minutes or so to have my whey.

I should be ok right? 1 hour after my protein shake I plan to have my big meal.

2 Steaks and rice.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    thats more than 10g of carb per IU. I think you'll be fine. Do you have a blood sugar meter?

Yes it is over 10g carb per IU and NO I don't have a blood sugar meter.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    i start slin today at 4iu with GH. I took a test run yesterday and everything went ok. the blood sugar meter is a good idea to have, they're cheap. how long has it been since your shot? humalog I assume?

I'm also running it with gH. Not Humalog, Humalin-R. It's been about an hour and 19 minutes since my shot. Since then, I've had my carbs, my whey. and I'm waiting til 4pm to have my big meal.

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    Why are you running Humalin-R might I ask, instead of Humalog?

chris2wire is offline Member
    because its OTC duh

No Sh1t its OTC that was not my question, my question was what was his reasoning for using Humalin-R over Humalog....DUH!!

My question is brought about b/c doesnt shooting "R", especially sub-q stay active alot longer than shooting IM. And, with the longer duration is it not more difficult to time the peak saturation of when the Insulin is active?

-Tose

Oh great. so whats the peak? Ishot SubQ. I picked R because it was OTC.

Well Slin is not my area of expertise, I am educating myself everyday as we speak before I too jump on the bandwagon, but it is to my understanding that Humalog should be shot PWO, shot IM, and has a peak in 15 minutes, not Humalin-R, like you're taking.

joevette is offline Banned
    Using more than 10g of dex per iu will make you fat, and once you get to your desired level you should try to get closer to 7g per IU. Also, steak is not a very good second meal, too much fat. Any fat consumed during slin's activity will be directly added to your own fat deposits. Also, keep track of your carbs in your second meal and once you get some experience try to use as little as possible. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tose22
    Well Slin is not my area of expertise, I am educating myself everyday as we speak before I too jump on the bandwagon, but it is to my understanding that Humalog should be shot PWO, shot IM, and has a peak in 15 minutes, not Humalin-R, like you're taking.
    Many do use humalin-r, but Humalog is far superior and can be gotten without a script from Canada.

Ok i just read an article saying that Humalin-R has a max duration of 4 hours and that its peak is around 2 hours....so see if this helps you out when timing your protien and food intake.

-Tose

Quote Originally Posted by Tose22
    Ok i just read an article saying that Humalin-R has a max duration of 4 hours and that its peak is around 2 hours....so see if this helps you out when timing your protien and food intake.

-Tose
    Yep, slin is all about timing.

Yo Massacre, you look pretty familiar, you're not from the South Houston area are you??

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    something to remember when using slin... you don't just go hypo and go into a coma. there are several signs you feel first. The first signs of hypo for me is a very slilght disorientation, then hunger, then the disorientation continues to get worse.... I know that tunnel vision and heavy sweats follow. I only ever get to the slight disorientation stage. And, if I do I just eat some dextrose.

I think the real danger is if you feel asleep watching tv or something.. then you would never know you're hypo.

Just knowing how my body reacts to the insulin (humalog) I now know how many carbs I need. It's pretty much the same every time.

Thread Information