Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20

    developing and insulin dependency

    yall know the signs to look for when your body is starting to develope a dependency on slin?

  2. #2
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Im sure it would be that you go hypo easily? Im not sure, it would mean that your body cant use insulin like normal.... so that means you would need more...

    why do you ask?

  3. #3
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    i just finished a 4 week cycle of humulin R pwo and i was just curious on what the signs were.......from all my research i never read about what the signs of that were....or the odds of developing a dependecny...thanks for the reply

  4. #4
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Your pancreas is very resiliant, however as long as you keep your slin usage to 4-6 weeks at a time with the same amount of time off inbetween you'll be fine. With that said if you are already prone to diabetes, or it runs in the family then i would be a bit more cautious. A good way to check for insulin dependance is to check your fasting glucose. Upon awakening in the A.M check your BG with a glucometer, if your BG reading is 5.5mmol or higher then you are at risk of developing type two diabetes, this can be corrected at this point by diet alone, and additional insulin sensitizing supplements>>>>chromium, r-ala, etc... And that is reffered to as hyper not hypoglycemia.

  5. #5
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Your pancreas is very resiliant, however as long as you keep your slin usage to 4-6 weeks at a time with the same amount of time off inbetween you'll be fine. With that said if you are already prone to diabetes, or it runs in the family then i would be a bit more cautious. A good way to check for insulin dependance is to check your fasting glucose. Upon awakening in the A.M check your BG with a glucometer, if your BG reading is 5.5mmol or higher then you are at risk of developing type two diabetes, this can be corrected at this point by diet alone, and additional insulin sensitizing supplements>>>>chromium, r-ala, etc... And that is reffered to as hyper not hypoglycemia.
    what would that be in terms of mg/dl??

  6. #6
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Your pancreas is very resiliant, however as long as you keep your slin usage to 4-6 weeks at a time with the same amount of time off inbetween you'll be fine. With that said if you are already prone to diabetes, or it runs in the family then i would be a bit more cautious. A good way to check for insulin dependance is to check your fasting glucose. Upon awakening in the A.M check your BG with a glucometer, if your BG reading is 5.5mmol or higher then you are at risk of developing type two diabetes, this can be corrected at this point by diet alone, and additional insulin sensitizing supplements>>>>chromium, r-ala, etc... And that is reffered to as hyper not hypoglycemia.

    do you know where i can pick up a glucometer?

  7. #7
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Any drug store bro

  8. #8
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    thanks guys ....i picked one up today and will check in the morning

  9. #9
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    cool good luck, happy pricking!

  10. #10
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    wall it sure wont be as fun as injecting....but ill enjoy in none the less

  11. #11
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    what would that be in terms of mg/dl??
    5.5mmol/l = 99mg/dl

    -Gear

  12. #12
    MMA's Avatar
    MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04
    yall know the signs to look for when your body is starting to develope a dependency on slin?
    all the standard diabetic symptoms. thats what it is

  13. #13
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    85mg/dl is what it measured this morning

  14. #14
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    yall know what a "healthy" person that never ran anything reading would be?

  15. #15
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Not sure..... mine was 72.... need to check it again, just to be sure Im doing alright

  16. #16
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    i was really surprised with mine i figured it would be lower since i have pretty low body fat....i am going to check it again tomorrow morning

  17. #17
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04
    i was really surprised with mine i figured it would be lower since i have pretty low body fat....i am going to check it again tomorrow morning
    yours does kind of seem high... think your ok though.

  18. #18
    bubba04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    yours does kind of seem high... think your ok though.

    kinda worrys me....tempted to go to a doc and chat....we will see what it is tomorrow

  19. #19
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    what would that be in terms of mg/dl??
    multiply by 19 20 5.5X19=104.5...so as long as your within 85.5-105 your in the normal range it's when you get to be above these numbers is the first signs of insulin resistance at the receptor or the pancreas is burning out...those beta cells in your pancreas burn out pretty quickly these day with all the processed and refined sugars added to our foods, a good clean diet and some specific supplements can help catch the problem before it worsens.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •