Carth is offline Associate Member

Does GH do this?

Does taking GH cause a rise in prolactin? I have never heard of this anywhere!!! But according to the book " Building the Perfect Beast "....taking GH causes a rise in prolactin. True or False?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    None that I know of, false. Perhaps you are thinking of GHB which DOES raise prolactin levels 5 fold.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 04-26-2005 at 07:18 AM. Reason: adding

NO! The book says GH.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    why does nobody believe this? hop on pub med and do a search, its true and there is plenty of info out there.

So it does cause a rise of prolactin?

I couldn't find anything.

sin
    Different elements of mini-helix 1 are required for human growth hormone or prolactin action via the prolactin receptor.

Peterson FC, Brooks CL.

The Ohio State Biochemistry Program, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus 43210, USA.

Human growth hormone (hGH) and prolactin (hPRL) have a low sequence homology, but both bind and activate hPRL receptors. hGH also binds hGH receptors. hGH has 22 and 20 kDa forms; residues 32-46 have been deleted by alternative RNA splicing to create the smaller form. hGH requires F44 for activity through the hPRL receptor, but not for activity through the hGH receptor. The deletion of F44 from hGH has the same effect as removal of residues 32-46 (approximately 200-fold loss in activity), indicating the importance of F44 in hGH when activating the hPRL receptor. In contrast, when the homologous F50 is deleted from hPRL little or no activity is lost, indicating that this highly conserved phenylalanine is not required for the action of hPRL. Deletion of residues 41-52 (a non-conserved sequence homologous to residues 32-46 of hGH) reduced the activity of hPRL by >14 000-fold. This region is essential for the biological activity of hPRL. As these two proteins have evolved from a common ancestor, they have retained the requirement for this region but need different structural elements to activate hPRL receptors. Such diversity represents an opportunity to fine-tune hormone activity.

sin
    another

Pituitary control of lipoprotein and bile acid metabolism in male rats: growth hormone effects are not mediated by prolactin.

Matasconi M, Angelin B, Rudling M.

Dept. of Medicine, M63, Karolinska Univ. Hospital at Huddinge, S-141 86 Huddinge, Sweden.

Previous studies have established that growth hormone (GH) has many important effects on the regulation of cholesterol and lipoprotein metabolism. However, human GH (hGH) can also bind to prolactin receptors, eliciting prolactin receptor-mediated effects. In this study, we evaluated whether hGH can exert such responses in currently used animal models and whether prolactin affects lipoprotein and/or hepatic cholesterol metabolism. Normal and hypophysectomized (Hx) male rats were given either hGH or bovine GH, the latter unable to bind to the prolactin receptor. The hormones were continuously infused by use of subcutaneous osmotic mini-pumps for 7 days; blood and livers were collected after euthanasia. Both hormones stimulated hepatic LDL receptor expression and bile acid synthesis to a similar extent and normalized the altered plasma lipoprotein pattern in Hx rats. Prolactin, injected twice daily to Hx male rats, did not exert any effects on the plasma lipoprotein pattern or on cholesterol metabolism. We conclude that previously established effects of hGH on cholesterol metabolism are not mediated by prolactin in male rats.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Good info sin, so would 200mg of B6 a day suffice?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the amount of prolactin increase is extreamly small compared to the amount of GH therefore minimizing any negative symptoms. Woman are much more prone to the sharp rise of prolactin during pregnancy for the production of milk. Early studies by Rudman showed no forms of gyno but only a few tender breast sides in the males.

sin
    one last one, just for emphasis

The N-terminus of human prolactin modulates its biological properties.

Bernichtein S, Jomain JB, Kelly PA, Goffin V.

INSERM Unit 584, Hormone Targets, 156, rue de Vaugirard, 75730, Paris 15, France.

The N-terminus is the most divergent region within the prolactin (PRL)/placental lactogen (PL)/growth hormone (GH) family. Since all of these ligands are able to activate the lactogen receptor, it has been usually assumed that the N-terminus plays no major role in biological actions of any family member. In this study, we generated several analogs of human PRL in which the N-terminus was truncated by 9 and iteratively up to the 14 first residues. Truncation did not alter protein folding, and it even decreased the formation of PRL aggregates that appear during the purification of refolded protein. Removal of the entire N-terminal loop (14 residues) decreased the affinity for the receptor by two-three-fold, and reduced the ability of the hormone to activate the human lactogen receptor. In contrast, removal of 13 or less residues improves receptor activation since these analogs are able to produce supra-maximal activities in a transcriptional bioassay, or in proliferation assays exhibit dose-response curves that are less bell-shaped, which reflects enhanced stabilization of receptor dimers. Altogether, these data suggest that the N-terminus of PRL is actually slightly detrimental to bioactivity, but may be required for other properties of the hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    one last one, just for emphasis

The N-terminus of human prolactin modulates its biological properties.

Bernichtein S, Jomain JB, Kelly PA, Goffin V.

INSERM Unit 584, Hormone Targets, 156, rue de Vaugirard, 75730, Paris 15, France.

The N-terminus is the most divergent region within the prolactin (PRL)/placental lactogen (PL)/growth hormone (GH) family. Since all of these ligands are able to activate the lactogen receptor, it has been usually assumed that the N-terminus plays no major role in biological actions of any family member. In this study, we generated several analogs of human PRL in which the N-terminus was truncated by 9 and iteratively up to the 14 first residues. Truncation did not alter protein folding, and it even decreased the formation of PRL aggregates that appear during the purification of refolded protein. Removal of the entire N-terminal loop (14 residues) decreased the affinity for the receptor by two-three-fold, and reduced the ability of the hormone to activate the human lactogen receptor. In contrast, removal of 13 or less residues improves receptor activation since these analogs are able to produce supra-maximal activities in a transcriptional bioassay, or in proliferation assays exhibit dose-response curves that are less bell-shaped, which reflects enhanced stabilization of receptor dimers. Altogether, these data suggest that the N-terminus of PRL is actually slightly detrimental to bioactivity, but may be required for other properties of the hormone.

Sin, I know you are trying to help me here. But really...I did NOT understand any of this. I guess I am that stupid! Sorry! What does all of this mean? That by taking GH I will increase prolactin?

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Good info sin, so would 200mg of B6 a day suffice?

i dont think it would. b6 and bromocriptine have been shown to decrease plasma levels of prolactin, but hgh is acting directly on the receptor, so a receptor antagonist (the only one i know of is G129R, but i dont think its for use in humans yet ) is the only way to block the effect.

admittedly this is a rare side effect, but there are definitely people out there that will have symptoms of gyno related to GH.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    Sin, I know you are trying to help me here. But really...I did NOT understand any of this. I guess I am that stupid! Sorry! What does all of this mean? That by taking GH I will increase prolactin?

prolactin works by circulating in the blood and binding to receptors on certain cells. hgh binds these same receptors, so hgh does not increase prolactin, it just works the same way the prolactin does (by stimulating the receptor). it has nothing to do with stupid, ive been studying pharmacology as a graduate student for a few years, so i just know a bit about it.

prolactin works by circulating in the blood and binding to receptors on certain cells. hgh binds these same receptors, so hgh does not increase prolactin, it just works the same way the prolactin does (by stimulating the receptor). it has nothing to do with stupid, ive been studying pharmacology as a graduate student for a few years, so i just know a bit about it.
    So by taking GH, will I get what is known as deca /tren dick??? Will I lose libido? And as for gyno. I just happen to be one of those guys! LOL I get gyno as I increase the dose of GH. But I take Nolva at 40mgs for about 2 weeks and it goes away.

sin
    So by taking GH, will I get what is known as deca/tren dick??? Will I lose libido? And as for gyno. I just happen to be one of those guys! LOL I get gyno as I increase the dose of GH. But I take Nolva at 40mgs for about 2 weeks and it goes away.

the deca dick effect is a result of a shut down in your natural test production, its not from the prolactin effect. as to the nolva helping with gh gyno im at a loss to explain it. are you taking it with a cycle of steroids ? perhaps the synergistic effect of the two increases test levels to the point where it causes gyno. but this is just a guess.

the deca dick effect is a result of a shut down in your natural test production, its not from the prolactin effect. as to the nolva helping with gh gyno im at a loss to explain it. are you taking it with a cycle of steroids? perhaps the synergistic effect of the two increases test levels to the point where it causes gyno. but this is just a guess.

Wait what?! From what I know...deca and tren increase prolactin. And high prolactin levels causes a drop in libido. I remember about 5 years ago I ran Deca and Test for about 10 weeks. And then I couldn't get my dick up! No libido at all! Went to the doctor and he told me that my prolactin levels were through the roof!!!

Now I'm really confused here! I've learned through personal experience and from reading all the knowledge on these boards one thing. But yet you are saying a totally different thing about deca/tren dick. I'm baffled

But anwyas. Back to the GH thing. So taking GH will increase prolactin? Yes or No? And if yes....then how will this affect me?

sin
    the way i understand it exogenous testosterone binds to receptors in the body. other testosterone derivaties bind to certain receptors, but not others. deca and tren still effect the HPTA, but do not bind to the receptors related to libido, thus limp dick. prolactin makes it worse by supressing natural testosterone production.

gh does not increase prolactin directly, but gh and prolactin are so similar in shape and size that gh can activate the same things in the body that prolactin does.

Wait what?! From what I know...deca and tren increase prolactin. And high prolactin levels causes a drop in libido. I remember about 5 years ago I ran Deca and Test for about 10 weeks. And then I couldn't get my dick up! No libido at all! Went to the doctor and he told me that my prolactin levels were through the roof!!!

Now I'm really confused here! I've learned through personal experience and from reading all the knowledge on these boards one thing. But yet you are saying a totally different thing about deca/tren dick. I'm baffled

But anwyas. Back to the GH thing. So taking GH will increase prolactin? Yes or No? And if yes....then how will this affect me?

the way i understand it exogenous testosterone binds to receptors in the body. other testosterone derivaties bind to certain receptors, but not others. deca and tren still effect the HPTA, but do not bind to the receptors related to libido, thus limp dick. prolactin makes it worse by supressing natural testosterone production.

gh does not increase prolactin directly, but gh and prolactin are so similar in shape and size that gh can activate the same things in the body that prolactin does.
    Activate what? Limp dick? Loss of libido? gyno? What?

sin
    Activate what? Limp dick? Loss of libido? gyno? What?
    growth promoting activities in breast tissue.

LOL...kind of like what I'm getting now? LOL This always happen to me when I increase the dose of GH. But like I said...I take nolva for a few days and then it goes away.

So taking GH will NOT cause me to lose libido? Or limp dick????

sin
    LOL...kind of like what I'm getting now? LOL This always happen to me when I increase the dose of GH. But like I said...I take nolva for a few days and then it goes away.

no, likely just the opposite.

Tony42 is offline New Member

Quite the opposite. I nearly walk around with a hard-on with GH.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

No not at all.....
    And hes saying that just for the fact that you are using GH, it will make the prolatcin sites produce more. This is the role of GH

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    so should we add cabergoline to our GH cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    GOOD QUESTION!!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA

yes, cabergoline causes the libedo to go through the roof.. so to speak.. would be interesting to see if it worked on someone suffering from deca dick..

anyone want to volenteer to do a deca only cycle in an amount that is enough to induce this effect??

and then run cabergoline during the cycle after the limp dick is in full force.. ??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information