diskey is offline Junior Member

aint gaining anything on slin, whats wrong?!

Hi guys.

I'm doing slin for the first time. I have done 4 pwo shots with humalog now. the first with 2iu then 5, 7 and yesterday 10iu. (sub-q in the stomach)

I haven't really felt anything special after any of the shots. First and second shot i drank a carb mix drink with 55g carbs and then 15 minutes later 40g whey, then after an hour ate chicken breast and pasta. Third and fourth time I tried ingesting my usual mega mass 4000 shake. with about 100g carbs and 30g whey and some vitamins. then sipped on some plain dextrose in water afterwards since I felt pretty hungry about 10mins after the megamass shake. 1 hour later I had chicken breast and pasta again.

I'm still stuck at 242 lbs. I'm alslo on 500g test e and 500mg deca ew witch I thought would be nice to get the most out of slin.

I got to 242 when I did 75mg adrol ed along with 500 test e. 4weeks ago then went off adrol and fonrloaded in the deca 2 weeks ago and now 1 week ago started slin(totaly 3 weeks gone since I dropped the adrol). I really expected to gain weight pretty fast and steady while on slin but so long I'm quite dissapointed. Am I doing something wrong here ?? I almost feel I dont react on the slin, and I'm sure it's 100% legit I'm using an Lilly Humalog pen.

stats is 242lbs, 5-10", around 12-14%bf

any advice appricated!

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    slin is over rated..dont exspect miracles bro..its good for fullness and maybe 5lbs..not much more then that..esp after only 4 days..patience and consistency is the key

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you better inject slin i.m. this would reduce the on set time by half, so youre muscles benefit faster the nutrient push from the slin.

-rodge

How long have you been on your AAS, once those kick in your slin should start being a bit more effective. Patience is key.

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    Give it the full month. You said "I haven't really felt anything special after any of the shots". Well don't expect to feel anything. The only feeling you might EVER get is the feeling of hypo. I say it give the full month then see how you like it.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by diskey
    Hi guys.

I'm doing slin for the first time. I have done 4 pwo shots with humalog now. the first with 2iu then 5, 7 and yesterday 10iu. (sub-q in the stomach)

I haven't really felt anything special after any of the shots. First and second shot i drank a carb mix drink with 55g carbs and then 15 minutes later 40g whey, then after an hour ate chicken breast and pasta. Third and fourth time I tried ingesting my usual mega mass 4000 shake. with about 100g carbs and 30g whey and some vitamins. then sipped on some plain dextrose in water afterwards since I felt pretty hungry about 10mins after the megamass shake. 1 hour later I had chicken breast and pasta again.

I'm still stuck at 242 lbs. I'm alslo on 500g test e and 500mg deca ew witch I thought would be nice to get the most out of slin.

I got to 242 when I did 75mg adrol ed along with 500 test e. 4weeks ago then went off adrol and fonrloaded in the deca 2 weeks ago and now 1 week ago started slin(totaly 3 weeks gone since I dropped the adrol). I really expected to gain weight pretty fast and steady while on slin but so long I'm quite dissapointed. Am I doing something wrong here ?? I almost feel I dont react on the slin, and I'm sure it's 100% legit I'm using an Lilly Humalog pen.

any advice appricated!
    why are you injecting sub q in your abs? inject IM, sub q to the abs is great for GH, not so good for sln.

thx for the replies. hm okey but I've heard taking it IM will rush it very fast and the peaking point can be hard to predict.

I thought I at last could add like 10lbs with slin, I talked to one local elite bb and he said when he stagnated on aas (at about 1,5gew) around 230lbs -cut, he added slin and gh and and got up 40lbs in one winter bulk season. I've heard other stories about great gains also..but I've have'nt gained nothing yet

also is it ok to take a mega mass shake with the slin and then the usual dinner after 1 hour?
    and also should I stop at 10iu ?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    thx for the replies. hm okey but I've heard taking it IM will rush it very fast and the peaking point can be hard to predict.

I thought I at last could add like 10lbs with slin, I talked to one local elite bb and he said when he stagnated on aas (at about 1,5gew) around 230lbs -cut, he added slin and gh and and got up 40lbs in one winter bulk season. I've heard other stories about great gains also..but I've have'nt gained nothing yet

also is it ok to take a mega mass shake with the slin and then the usual dinner after 1 hour?
    and also should I stop at 10iu ?
    i reviewed your cycle, and you stopped using anadrol the same time you started using sln, and before your deca had a chance to kick in. 4 shots of insulin are not going to equal what you lost from the anadrol.

also, as your friend noted, sln works best with GH

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    No its not hard to predict at all.... IM is a lot more accurate than subc injects... I mean what if you just hit the subc layer... it will take a while to absorb. What if you go below it, it will be faster...

Shoot IM, a lot more consistant.

wallycn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    No its not hard to predict at all.... IM is a lot more accurate than subc injects... I mean what if you just hit the subc layer... it will take a while to absorb. What if you go below it, it will be faster...

Shoot IM, a lot more consistant.
    just for slin or hgh as well?????

Slin needs to be shot IM...... GH subc-

Bioavailability for GH

IV = 100%
    Subc = 75%
    IM = 63%

Distribution IV = .07L/kg

Metabolism
    IV = t1/2 of .36hrs
    Subc = t1/2 of 3.8hrs
    IM = t1/2 of 4.9hrs
    *longer half live of Sub and IM due to slower absorbtion.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    i reviewed your cycle, and you stopped using anadrol the same time you started using sln, and before your deca had a chance to kick in. 4 shots of insulin are not going to equal what you lost from the anadrol.
    Ok well that was what I was afraid of too. But its strange on the other side too because I fronted in the deca the day after i stopped adrol (700mg in one shot) should stabalise bloodlevels right away. And I kept my weight those two weeks before I started slin.

I really want to get up 10 more pounds before I start dieting this spring, and I feel I should have progress now since I took a break two weeks between adrol and slin with easy training. Could I add something more except gh to get to my goal about 250lbs..perhaps I should had an androgen into to the mix or something?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Ok well that was what I was afraid of too. But its strange on the other side too because I fronted in the deca the day after i stopped adrol (700mg in one shot) should stabalise bloodlevels right away. And I kept my weight those two weeks before I started slin.

I really want to get up 10 more pounds before I start dieting this spring, and I feel I should have progress now since I took a break two weeks between adrol and slin with easy training. Could I add something more except gh to get to my goal about 250lbs..perhaps I should had an androgen into to the mix or something?

regardless of how much you frontload your deca, the ester it is in prevents ANY of it from manifesting in your system whatsoever for 1-2 weeks.

if size is your primary goal, just add dbol . personally, i would just drop $200 and add a month of IGF1, which would make a dramatic impact on your physique.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm up 15lbs in 7 days on GH/Slin/T3...going PWO with 4iu's GH, and 10iu's slin with 50mcgs/day t3. My Pwo and PPWO are as follows though:

first shake: 60g pro/ 120g dex (within 15min)
    second shake: 40g pro/ 76g dex/ 12g creatine/ 5g glutamine (1hour 15min)
    third is a normal meal pro/carb/fat (2.5 hours)

I am so full and freaky and pumped that i'm taking a day off before my muscles tear through my skin. GH and slin should be taken as close together as possible to take advantage of the anabolic effects (synergy) also taking GH as close to 8:00am and or 2:00pm when cortisol is at it's highest peek is best as well, this also may not effect your nocturnal release.

Definately be patient because you started with only 2iu's then 5iu's etc...you haven't really taken full advantage of the disposal properties of insulin yet. It will come. I'm also going 8 weeks straight this time with GH/SLIN/T3 with one day off a week.

j martini is offline Member
    Hi guys.

any advice appricated!
    If you are wanting to add significant bodyweight while on slin you would be best increasing your carb intake.
    The way you are using it now is great for LBM gains but these come a lot slower. You cant expect to gain 10 pound of muscle with 4 weeks slin use if you increase your carb intake a little post workout you might add a little bodyfat but also increase glycogen stores in the muscle.
    If you look at mallets diet for example you will see that his carb intake is a little higher than recommended giving that some p[eople use as little as 6-7g of carbs per IU.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    If you are wanting to add significant bodyweight while on slin you would be best increasing your carb intake.
    The way you are using it now is great for LBM gains but these come a lot slower. You cant expect to gain 10 pound of muscle with 4 weeks slin use if you increase your carb intake a little post workout you might add a little bodyfat but also increase glycogen stores in the muscle.
    If you look at mallets diet for example you will see that his carb intake is a little higher than recommended giving that some p[eople use as little as 6-7g of carbs per IU.
    Exactly, when i'm staying lean my carbs are around 6-7g per iu as well, but for size if you want to be big you gotta go big. But even at my carb amounts i'm not spilling over at all, i'm still losing fat around the mid section.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Mallet,

Do you have any pictures posted? Thanks.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    im on roids, growth hormone and igf pwo and when i use slim pwo with this i usually put on 4-5lbs a week. ive gained so much muscle and weight off slin in the last year then i ever gained before. i only wish i found about slin 4 years ago

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What you are experiencing is very common, and I have to agree with devldog about insulin being overrated. I think people get it mixed up with other drugs we use in terms of growth and strength. It is very different to AAS, HGH and IGF and just because it is in the HGH section along with IGF too, it doesn't mean it is a wonder drug.

Anyhow, insulins main purpose is to shuttle "more" nutrients into cells "faster" and "easier". These advantages can lead to weight/strength gain "over a period of time", and we all know it is not that easy to gain weight just from nutrients being shuttled into cells (just like eating alot).

-Gear

hmm perhaps. I always got the impression that to get to 270-280 lbs from an plateuing 230-240 with only aas, you add gh+slin.

Yesterday I shot the humalog (10iu) right into my right bicep, since you said IM is best. Well at least I can say it was a different experience, felt dissy 10 sec. after the shot. Had been almost 2 hours in the gym with high intensity so I was really depleted. I shoke down the megamass shake and about 15 min later I had to start sipping fruit juice to stay sharp. I had to eat dinner at at friend's house, it was potatoes and fish. He had fried the fish with butter, so perhaps i got like 15-20g fat from that, and then I went a little hypo again I think because the fat slowed down the absorbtion.

Also perhaps I dont gaing almost any weight now because I''ve really tried to add as much weight as possible this winter. Got from 205 in Oct. 04 to now 245 with an bf increase of max 5%. Maybe my body needs some rest to add more weight I don't know, I read everywhere the pros says you can't except to gain 20lbs lean mass every year if your have been lifting some years.

10 seconds post injection is way to early for insulin to start acting, so the dizzyness you had experienced must have been from something else. Sometime when I have my injection immidietly post workout, I get dizzy and shakey also. I assume this must be because I have been working out so hard so my BG would already be low.

The fried fish for dinner while insulin is active is a big no no, but I am sure you wont be having that kind of dinner every time. One dinner with a fair amount of fat intake wont make much differnece, but if I wouldn't keep on having that much fat while slin is active as you BF % may increase over time.

Yes your body does need rest. You can't keep on pushing it to gain weight. You must give it a rest, then shock it. That way, the chances of weight gain are much higher.

Good luck next time.

-Gear

just a few things I hope someone here can clear up for me..

I'm just wondering why should you take the protein 15min after the carbs whit slin, and why 70-80g prot - can your body use so much at the same time ?

and when you shoot IM, should you just cut the duration of slin in half? and should the carbs be taken immideatly after the shot, 5 mins later or what?

Diskey, there is no problem with taking dex and protein together. As a matter of fact, that is what most people do, they have dex and protein immidietly post training. However, there is a problem with taking glutamine and protein together, and I think that's what you meant.

The reason why you seperate your protein and glutamine cunsumption by about 15 min apart is because your protein shake already has glutamine it. So, taking the glutamine we take on its own with your protein shake at the same time can lead to absprption issues because the glutamine from the protein can fight the glutamine you consune on its own, and that is what can lead to absorption issues. So, we seperate the two.

When you use insulin , your body can absorb more nutrients than usual. So that is why we recomend to take advantage of that by consuming a little bit more protein than usual, (about 70 - 80g PWO). This is a great advantage.

IM onset and life duration times are about half of Sub-Q times.

You may have your dex immidietly post injection, or you can wait 5 min later. I have mine immidietly because as soon as you finish training, your body is starving for nutrients, so why let it starve for that extra 5 minutes? Anyway, that is what I do, and many other have their dex 5 min post injection which also works well.

Hope that cleared up your queries.

-Gear

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    there's not to much I can say here that the vets said already. What I can say is that slin works no doubt if you use it right and stay consistant. I been using slin for years. It is the most anabolic chemical I could possibly use and I can tell a difference when im on or off for a while.

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Do they make slin pins with a longer stick on them so you can go IM or are you guys just sticking in a place with little bodyfat..?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchblack
    Do they make slin pins with a longer stick on them so you can go IM or are you guys just sticking in a place with little bodyfat..?
    Low bf.... ie tri, bi, tear drop on quad...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchblack
    Anywhere where there is thin skin and not much body fat. That way you know most of the needle will actually end up in the muscle, and not the fat or the skin itself. Like MS said, tris and bis are common sites.

-Gear

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thread Information