Thread: Is this true ?

jkid69 is offline Associate Member

Is this true ?

I was searching the web for further IGF1-LR3 info & came across this on a canadian pharm website. It is dated 3-22-2005. Someone please let me know if this is true. I just purchased 3ml of IGF1-LR3 already set with AA. Will this dilute the IGF1-LR3. Please read:

Any form of IGF is ONLY supplied in a lyphosized form, which means a dry powder state. NEVER PUCHASE PRE-DILUTED LIQUID IGF!!!! There is no such product made anywhere in the world and even if there were real IGF ever present in the vial it would all be dead by the time you receive it. IGF is a very delicate peptide and must be diluted by yourself, where you have access to a refrigerator and freezer. There has also been a lot of talk by certain sources claiming to have IGF made by the Eli Lilly company, to clear things up Lilly is a pharmaceutical company and as stated IGF is a research drug and has not yet been approved, Lilly does not and never has manufactured research drugs for retail sale.

The dilutents you will need for the IGF are a weak concentration of hydrochloric acid and a sterile buffer(sterile water or bacteriostatic water) the procedure for diluting the IGF is not very difficult, the dilutents can be obtained from most local chemical suppliers and a good source of IGF would also be able to supply the necessary dilutents.

bump

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Im using "pre-diluted" and im sure many others on here will say they have as well

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    dude, thats basically the only way it comes now....The reason they are saying that is because they want you to buy their ****

It is not a site to purchase IGF1-LR3 it is a site that provides you with the information needed to use it.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ive only used pre diluted igf as welll as many other members on this board and im 100% sure it works great

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    johnny b posted an article for reconstituted lr3igf-1 in acetic acid(AA) where if kept in the fridge was good for 2 years.i will post a link to the thread.

i preload all my insulin syringes with my lr3 dose and keep them in the fridge in a tupperware container.i then add bacteriostatic water to the lr3 prior to injecting post workout.hereit is:-

(posted originally by johnny B)

Long™R3IGF-I
    Recombinant analog of human insulin growth factor-I
    CATALOG NO. 85580

Description

Long™R3IGF-I is a recombinant analog of human insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) that has been specifically engineered for the enhancement of cell culture performance. Long™R3IGF-I is more biologically potent in vitro than either insulin or native IGF-I and has been documented to
    significantly increase recombinant protein production. It is ideal for both research and large-scale culture systems utilizing serum-free or low-level serum applications. Long™R3IGF-I is effective in any cell that contains type I IGF receptors, including most Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) lines, hybridomas and fibroblasts. Long™R3IGF-I is produced in a patented E. coli expression system without the use of animal-derived components.

Precautions

This product is for research/laboratory use. THIS PRODUCT
    IS NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR THERAPEUTIC USE.

Storage

Long™R3IGF-I in lyophilized form should be stored at 2 to 8 C and is stable for at least 3 years. Liquid solutions of Long™R3IGF-I (prepared as described below) can be stored at 2 to 8 C and are stable for at least 2 years.

Preparation Instructions

1. Long™R3IGF-I is supplied lyophilized in an atmosphere of nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25 kPa). Remove the metal cap from the glass vial and introduce an air filled syringe
    through the septum to equalize the pressure.

2. Add sufficient 10 mM HCl or 100 mM acetic acid solution to the vial to achieve a peptide concentration of at least 0.1 mg/mL. Concentrations of 1 mg/mL or more are recommended.

3. Mix the solution thoroughly to insure the peptide is completely dissolved.

4. Filtration of a Long™R3IGF-I solution or a culture medium after the addition of Long™R3IGF-I should be performed using a low protein-binding membrane such as Polyvinyl Idene Flouride (PVDF), Poly Ethylene Sulfite (PES) or Cellulose Acetate (CA).

Methods for Use

Once Long™R3IGF-I has been reconstituted, it can then be added directly to cell culture medium. A titration of Long™R3IGF-I should be performed for each different application as the optimum concentration may vary depending upon the cell type used and other components present in the medium. The recommended final concentration range of Long™R3IGF-I is 10 to 50 µg/L (or ng/mL). Because Long™R3IGF-I and insulin may compete for the same cell receptors, the effectiveness of Long™R3IGF-I will be masked if it is added in conjunction with commonly employed concentrations of insulin (1 to 10 mg/L). However, inclusion of physiological levels of insulin (5 to 10 µg/L) in cell culture medium containing the recommended levels of
    Long™R3IGF-I results in beneficial synergistic effects in certain applications.

Characteristics

Appearance
    White powder

Molecular weight
    9110 ± 2 daltons (Mass spectroscopy)

Endotoxin
    < 0.1 EU/µg

Biological Activity
    ED50 < 10 ng/mL (Bioassay assessing the stimulation of
    protein synthesis in L6 myoblasts)

Identity/Consistency
    Confirmed by N-terminal sequence analysis and HPLC