Mutant is offline Banned

Do you use long or short acting Insulin?

I decided to start getting some info on Insulin , and was wondering what you guys use. I know there is a few brands, but I saw that these brands have different types. They have Insulin that can last 30 hours and they have Insulin that can last 5. What do you use, and why?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It is recomended to use any fast acting insulins. The most common fast acting insulin is Humalog. Its onset time is about 15 minutes, and its duration period is about 4hrs. Because insulin is diet dependant, you must watch your nutrient intake while insulin is active, and doing this when using Humalog would be easy as you only have to watch your nutrient intake for 4hrs.

However, if you were to use a longer acting insulin, then you would have to watch your nutrient intake for much longer than 4hrs, and this could become a hassle. So people choose to use Humalog because you only have to watch your nutrient intake for a short amount of time.

That is the main reason on why people choose to use fast acting insulins such as Humalog.

The most common insulins used are Humalog (4hrs) and Humalin-R (6 - 8hrs). You don't want to use any kind of insulin where its active life time is beyond the 6 - 8hr mark.

-Gear

LL08 is offline Member
    good post. Think about insulin being active for 30hours...then think about going to sleep and the insulin messing with your blood glucose. You never wake up...correct me if I am wrong. LL

Mutant is offline Banned
    Yea, I would either think that you would go into a coma or die.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    That's right, avoid falling asleep while insulin is active as you can fall into hypo while sleeping without anyone relising.

-Gear

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    humalog owns all...

Thread Information