Tyler.Durden is offline New Member

***insulin Use, Please See If Im Doing Right***

Im going to use insulin for the first time tomorrow, so im a little bit nervous right now.

Im going to start at 2iu pwo and then add 2iu per time up to 10iu.

After training im going to take the shot, then directly drink a Gainer/kreatin with minimum 12g per iu of carbs.
    15min later im going to drink 70g of protein.
    1hour after the shot im going to eat a meal with 150g carbs,100g protein.
    2hours after the shot im going to eat 100g carb and 75g protein.
    3hours after a regular meal with 80g carb and 50g protein.

Im going to use Novarapid Flexpen 300iu.

IF YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG PLEASE TELL ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!

Sounds good, i dont eat quite that many carbs but you're playing it safe, but take your creatine with your protein rather than immediately post injection, are you injecting IM or SubQ?

Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Sounds good, i dont eat quite that many carbs but you're playing it safe, but take your creatine with your protein rather than immediately post injection, are you injecting IM or SubQ?

Okey so its better to take creatin with the protein 15min after the shot...

Im going to do it SubQ.

How many carbs is enought? so i know, idont wanna go fat...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no need to take 12g of carbs for every 1IU of insulin as that will only lead to excess nutrients which can lead to fat gain. 10g of carbs p/1IU of insulin is more than enough. As a matter of fact, some people actually take less than 10g of carbs, but you don't want to do that just yet. Because you are not too familiar with insulin, start on 10g p/1IU, and once you ge more experienced, you can then start modifying your carbohydrate intake. Start on 4IU and increase the dose by 1IU every workout till you get to 10IU, once on 10IU stay on that dose till the end.

There is also no need to take 150g of carbs 1 hour post protein consumption. 50g should be enough. It is good that you are trying to keep safe by having a lot of carbs, but on the same token you must remember that too much carbs will cause fat gan. So you have to find a balance there somehow. Like i said, 50g of carbs is fine.

It should look something like this:

* "x" amount of insulin.
    * immidietly post injection, have your "x" amount of carbs, 5g of glutamine and 5g of creatine.
    * 15 min later, have about 75g of protein isolate.
    *1.25hrs have a solid dinner. Something like boiled/steamed rice and chicken. The carbohydrate amount should be around the 50g mark and so should the protein.
    * 2.00hrs later have another solid meal, same as above. Because insulin is on its way to exiting your system, you want to slow down on the cabohydrate intake. So have about 40g of carbs for this meal and about 50g protein.
    * By the time you have your next meal insulin will no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Take insulin IM.

All the best.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 05-08-2005 at 09:28 PM.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    There is no need to take 12g of cabs for every 1IU of insulin as that will only lead to excess nutrients which can lead to fat gain. 10g of cabs p/1IU of insulin is more than enough. As a matter of fact, some people actually take less than 10g of carbs, but you don't want to do that just yet. Because you are not too familiar with insulin, start on 10g p/1IU, and once you ge more experienced, you can then start modifying your carbohydrate intake. Start on 4IU and increase the dose by 1IU every workout till you get to 10IU, once on 10IU stay on that dose till the end.

There is also no need to take 150g of carbs 1 hours post protein consumption. 50g should be enough. It is good that you are trying to keep safe by having a lot of carbs, but on the same token you must remember that too much carbs will cause fat gan. So you have to find a balance there somehow. Like i said, 50g of carbs is fine.

* "x" amount of insulin.
    * immidietly post injection, have your "x" amount of carbs, 5g of glutamine and 5g of creatine.
    *1.25hrs have a solid dinner. Something like boiled/steamed rice and chicken. The carbohydrate anmount should be around the 50g mark and so should the protein.
    * 2.00hrs later have another solid meal, same as above. Because insulin is on its way to exiting your system, you want to slow down on the cabohydrate intake. So have about 40g of carbs for this meal and about 50g protein.
    * By the time you have your next meal insulin will no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Take insulin IM.

All the best.

-Gear
    Gear is right...12 g of carbs per iu is overkill. 10 iu will be more than playing it safe. Hell, I take 6.5-7 grams of carbs per iu of slin. I am not saying you should do that (you definately should not start out at that amount), but it just gives you an idea of how many carbs will be sufficient for just about anybody. SOund like you got it down though besides that. Good luck and be safe brotha

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    There is no need to take 12g of carbs for every 1IU of insulin as that will only lead to excess nutrients which can lead to fat gain. 10g of carbs p/1IU of insulin is more than enough. As a matter of fact, some people actually take less than 10g of carbs, but you don't want to do that just yet. Because you are not too familiar with insulin, start on 10g p/1IU, and once you ge more experienced, you can then start modifying your carbohydrate intake. Start on 4IU and increase the dose by 1IU every workout till you get to 10IU, once on 10IU stay on that dose till the end.

There is also no need to take 150g of carbs 1 hour post protein consumption. 50g should be enough. It is good that you are trying to keep safe by having a lot of carbs, but on the same token you must remember that too much carbs will cause fat gan. So you have to find a balance there somehow. Like i said, 50g of carbs is fine.

* "x" amount of insulin.
    *1.25hrs have a solid dinner. Something like boiled/steamed rice and chicken. The carbohydrate amount should be around the 50g mark and so should the protein.

Take insulin IM.

All the best.

-Gear

Thank you GEAR!!!!!
    Im going to the gym now, after my workout is my first slin 4iu, so wisch me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler.Durden
    Thank you GEAR!!!!!
    Im going to the gym now, after my workout is my first slin 4iu, so wisch me luck!
    Best of luck

-Gear

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    don't worry,youl be fine with the right amount of carbs.

good luck

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler.Durden
    IF YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG PLEASE TELL ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!
    Almost missed that part of your post. Just relax ok, insulin is not as bad as some people make it out to be. If you do everything right, you will never experience the scary stories you always hear.

Note that it is very important not to be stressed out while using insulin. You being stressed about using insulin can lead to getting shakey and all sort of other things that are similar to insulin side effects. If that was to happen you would probably freak out without even knowing you aren't going hypo.

Stay cool.

-Gear

I just spent the last few days extensively researching insulin , and about four hours writing a profile on it for this site. It's in the profiles forum if you wanna check it out:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...93#post1805093

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I just spent the last few days extensively researching insulin , and about four hours writing a profile on it for this site. It's in the profiles forum if you wanna check it out:

Thanks for taking the time to do that hooker, when I get time, I am gonna check it out.

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker

Excellent reading, it is a wealth of information!

Thread Information