Deal Me In is offline Member

Question about high BP while on GH

I have been taking GH for 9 weeks now. The brand is Nordotropin and the dose is 1IU 6/1. I was in to see my doctor the other day, he didn't prescribe the GH but is aware that I'm taking it and is cool about it. He is going to monitor my blood work for me while I'm on it.

Anyway, he is concerned about my blood pressure. It was 120/84. I know that it is side effect of the GH caused by the edema. What I want to know is will this side effect go away. The rest of the side effects have subsided.

I take GH primarily for the anti-aging benefits that is why I take the low dose. I know that they tell you to lower the dose if you are worried about side effects but since I take such a low dose I would rather not lower the dose anymore.

Will my blood pressure come down after awhile or am I going to have to get into something to control it.

Thanks for the help.

lavaman is offline Associate Member
    That's not high? is it?
    120 is good as far as I know, if it's above 140 then that's boarderline..The 84 I don't know about but I never heard of gh affecting blood pressure...

what was your blood pressure before GH, and do you smoke, take any other drugs, drink alot of caffeine?

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Nope, no other drugs. I live rather healthy. My diet isn't what I would call strict but pretty clean. Before I started the GH my BP was 105/65.

The doc said it was the edema that caused the rise in BP. I just wanted to know if the edema would go away after awhile.

Those numbers aren't bad he just said they were higher then he would like to see in somebody my age and health.

Thanks for the help.

Osiris is offline New Member
    Just take some water-decreasing drug liek Renitec or Co-renitek or else. A little.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt worry about it. 120/80 is considered normal. 140/90 is borderline high. I would say youre fine.

Thread Information