Thread: insulin carbs

jgg1221 is offline Member

insulin carbs

ok so i know you need roughly 10g/iu of slin immediately taken before injecting

but there after, like an hour later... do you need complex carbs or all simple carbs (sugar)

as in, the carbs for the next 4 hours... should they be all simple or complex?

bump

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Shot of humalog, 10 min later your dex/whey drink
    60 min after your shot, have your meal. my fave is ground beef and some brown rice.
    So yes an hour later have complex carbs, and if your BG is low consume sugar... but otherswise complex are fine

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Simple or complex carbohydrates, either one is fine. However, because fat gain is my enemy, I use only simple carbohydrates throughout the whole insulin activity period, so as to not take in any unnecessary carbs as these will be stored as fat. Once the insulin is no longer active, I eat as I usually do.

As I said above, both simple or complex is fine, but complex carbs seem to digest slower, therefore the chances of anything being left over later on are high when compared to simple carbohydratess. And the more there is left over, the more chance of fat storage. So I choose to intake simple carbs while insulin is active because the faster the carbs get digested, the better, and simple carbs does excatly that.

Good luck.

-Gear

How many carbs do you guys prefer to consume in your second meal when your insulin peaks? (Im addressing this more to sparkle and gear)

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bro, this is what I usually do...

PWO: "x" amount of dex, 5g creatine and 5g glutamine
    PPWO (1.25hrs later): 50g simple carbs and 50g protein
    PPPWO (2.00hrs later): 40g simple carbs and 50g protein
    Next meal = insulin nonactive = eat as you usually do.

My stats are 225LB and 7%BF, and I have found for my weight, the nutrient intake amount I have while insulin is active keeps my BG at not too low but not too high either, and that is excatly what you want. You want just enough fuel for your body to keep out of hypo, and not too much as excess will be stored.

That is what suits me best.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 04-10-2005 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Hey bro, this is what I usually do...

PWO: "x" amount of dex, 5g creatine and 5g glutamine
    PPWO (1.25hrs later): 50g simple carbs and 50g protein
    PPPWO (2.00hrs later): 40g simple carbs and 50g protein
    Next meal = insulin nonactive = eat as you usually do.

My stats are 225LB and 7%BF, and I have found for my weight, the nutrient intake amount I have while insulin is active keeps my BG at not too low but not too high either, and that is excatly what you want. You want just enough fuel for your body to keep out of hypo, and not too much as excess will be stored.

That is what suits me best.

-Gear
    Great. I've noticed alot of people start ingesting complex carbs at their PPWO meal, and it was confusing me. I'm of the school of thought that while insulin is active you need to keep it simple with as few variables as possible, im glad you're of the same mindset as me.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Shot of humalog, 10 min later your dex/whey drink
    60 min after your shot, have your meal. my fave is ground beef and some brown rice.
    So yes an hour later have complex carbs, and if your BG is low consume sugar... but otherswise complex are fine
    Hi Mr. sparkle,

I thought you were supposed to stay away from fats while insulin is still active? Does not the ground beef throws away that statement? Just wondering!!

Thread Information