Thread: Insulin timing

Vegas67 is offline Member

Insulin timing

Question, just started insulin post workout. I have searched and found some inject RIGHT after working out...like in their cars. Is that necessary? or can I wait 10 min to drive home.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Its best to shoot immidietly PWO. However, having a dose about 10 minutes post workout should be fine. The sooner you have your shot PWO, the better.

-Gear

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Its best to shoot immidietly PWO. However, having a dose about 10 minutes post workout should be fine. The sooner you have your shot PWO, the better.

-Gear
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas67
    Question, just started insulin post workout. I have searched and found some inject RIGHT after working out...like in their cars. Is that necessary? or can I wait 10 min to drive home.
    I personally don't like to shoot my slin until I get home from the gym(which takes less than 10 min. anyways). Unless you take your carb/protein shake with you.....I would opt to wait until you get home to shoot your slin.

I am sure either way is fine, but I don't see a hassle in bringing a pre-loaded slin pin to gym in a cool container, along with your PWO nutrients. I would rather have a shot at the gym in the toilets after training, than have a shot at home while family/friends are around. I like to get it over and done with.

-Gear

I am sure either way is fine, but I don't see a hassle in bringing a pre-loaded slin pin to gym in a cool container, along with your PWO nutrients. I would rather have a shot at the gym in the toilets after training, than have a shot at home while family/friends are around. I like to get it over and done with.

-Gear
    I agree that I like to get my shot over and done as well, but there would be no way I would take my shot prior to leaving the gym WITHOUT having my carbs on hand. I look at it as if ANYTHING can happen on your way home....accident, flat tire, etc., and your screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    I agree that I like to get my shot over and done as well, but there would be no way I would take my shot prior to leaving the gym WITHOUT having my carbs on hand. I look at it as if ANYTHING can happen on your way home....accident, flat tire, etc., and your screwed.
    Your absoultly right, your safety comes first. That is why I said:

bringing a pre-loaded slin pin to gym in a cool container, along with your PWO nutrients
    ...and have your dextrose and whatever else you usually have a the gym immidietly post injection.

-Gear

Your absoultly right, your safety comes first. That is why I said:

...and have your dextrose and whatever else you usually have a the gym immidietly post injection.

-Gear
    Sorry.....I misread your post.

No probs bro.

I totally forgot to mention that insulin (Humalog) starts doing what its supposed to do about 15 minutes post injection, so anytime before then, insulin wouldn't really have an effect on your body.

It is 15 minutes post injection when it starts to properly work. So anytime before it starts to properly work (anytime before 15 min post injection) is a good time to do whatever you have to do without worrying you will go hypo.

So, you could even have a shot at the gym, drive home 10 min and have your nutrients then. 5 min after that is when insulin starts working.

This is if you are doing Sub-Q.

-Gear

Thread Information