Thread: slin again

warlock is offline Associate Member

slin again

Hi,

I have two questions regarding insulin that maybe someone can answer:

1) when you advise against taking fats while insulin is active, why is that? Is the use of fats while insulin still active bad in terms of getting hypo or is it advice against for a different reason like storing fat and such?

2) I know many of you recommend to take about 75 grms of whey after shot( with the dextrose..) since you will be able to assimilate more protein while on insulin. My question is, does it apply to just PWO or should you be eating more protein than usual while on insulin all day long?

Thanks

kevin69 is offline New Member
    hey

1) The reason that you should limit your fat intake while slin is active is just because it is more likely to be stored as fat. It would not make you go hypo.

2) You should try to increase your protein intake while the slin is active the general rule of thumb is, PWO 75g protein "X" Amount of dex : (1.25 later) PPWO 50g/50g Protein/Carbs : (2.25 later) PPPWO 50g/40g Protein/Carbs. Much more protein than that would be excessive for most of us. 3-3.5 hours after your shot assuming that your using humalog subQ, you can eat as you normally do.

I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by kevin69
    hey

1) The reason that you should limit your fat intake while slin is active is just because it is more likely to be stored as fat. It would not make you go hypo.

2) You should try to increase your protein intake while the slin is active the general rule of thumb is, PWO 75g protein "X" Amount of dex : (1.25 later) PPWO 50g/50g Protein/Carbs : (2.25 later) PPPWO 50g/40g Protein/Carbs. Much more protein than that would be excessive for most of us. 3-3.5 hours after your shot assuming that your using humalog subQ, you can eat as you normally do.

I hope that helps

great, thanks. That sure helps. So basically you should up your protein to about 75 grms PWO after shot? But should you try to eat more protein during the day too while on slin or you should eat the same as always?

kevin69 is offline New Member
    You should eat more protien while the slin is active. But after that just eat the same as always.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Minus the fat as you don't want fat storage. Protein intake should be high for PWO, and slightly higher than usual for the rest of the the time while insulin is active.

-Gear

Thank you guys. That was very informative!!

Thread Information