warlock is offline Associate Member

What results to expect while on slin

I was wondering what one can expect in terms of results while on slin. I am using it now for my PCT. I have been on it for only 3 days so I have not noticed anyhting yet.I know it's way too early. I am wondering if slin will increase body weight, muscle mass, will give you more fullness, will it make you harder, or when used PCT if it will help you maintain muscle mass......? Will it give you better pumps if taken postworkout or just when taken preoworkout?

Thanks

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin as a compound "itself", has no effect on muscle, fat or strength gain. All it does is control your BG level, and allows your body to absorb more nutrients than usual, as well as shuttling them faster than usual. From then on, it is up to your genetics to decide how much weight/strength you will gain. It is up to your diet to decide what kind of weight you will put on (wether its quality weight or crap weight). Insulin with no nutrients will lead to nowhere regardless if you took 1IU or 50IU. It will only bring side effects such as hypoglycemia. It is the nutrients consumed and your genetics that are the deciders of how much you will gain, and what you will gain in terms of strength and weight gain. As stated above, insulin as a chemical "by itself" has no effect on muscle cell growth unlike testosterone , HGH and IGF.

Insulins main purpose is to shuttle nutrients into cells, therefore is most beneficial PWO rather than pre-workout, because IMO, shuttling healthy nutrients into cells is a lot more important than getting a pump during a workout (because that is all pre-workout doses does).

Insulin is great during PCT because during this time, your body is going through a stage where its trying to keep what it has gained, and considering insulin will force feed muscle cells with nutrients, insulin becomes very beneficial.

To cut the long story short, main thing to know about insulin is that its not used for a pump, its not used for anything else but to force feed muscle cells with nutrients faster than usual. Once again as I said above, from this point on it is up to your diet and genetics to decide what kind of gains you will get. If you are a hard gainer, even with insulins boost, you still may not be able to gain any weight. Everybody is different.

If you gain 4 - 5LB in a 4 week cycle, consider yourself lucky. Its still hard to gain weight when using insulin because the weight gained depends on how much nutrients you have consumed, and we all know its very hard to gain weight just by eating well. It's almost like trying to gain weight naturally, except with insulin, your body can absorb more nutrients than usual.

Warlock I got many of your PMs, and I have red many of your questions in the open forum regards to insulin. This is a good thing because education is very important.

Good on ya mate, and all the best.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 05-19-2005 at 08:41 AM.

A lot of people expect a lot from insulin . Even people at the gym talk about insulin like it's a wonder drug. I am unsure why people think this way. In terms of size and strength, testosterone is way better, yet people don't make a hype about that. Perhaps a majority of people on AR create a hype over insulin because its in the same section as HGH and IGF (and HGH and IGF are considered as advanced drugs). In terms of gains, my opinion is that insulin is no where as effective as HGH and IGF. And the only reason why its classified as an advanced drug is because its dangerous to use. It is defenitly more dangerous than effective in a positive way.

I hope I haven't put people off insulin. Don't get me wrong, insulin is a great addetive, especially when combined with other compounds, and if used properly, insulin is beneficial, just not as good as some people think it is. That's what I think anyway.

The ones that gain weight easily will probably love insulin, because if they can gain weight without insulin, then they will love using insulin because it will allow them to put even more weight on, easier.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 05-19-2005 at 07:58 AM.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    Excellent post Gear.

It's great to be able to count with the help of people like you. I agree that you have to educate yourself very well when it comes to insulin . I want to thank you for all the help you always offer. it's very useful.

Regards

It's my pleasure helping you

-Gear

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    isnt insulin the most anabolic hormone there is?

BigBub is offline New Member
    Great post Gear! very useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge
    isnt insulin the most anabolic hormone there is?
    Yes, but without the right nutrients, insulin is useless. Insulin is very diet dependant. Your gains don't depend on insulin itself, instead, they depend on what kind of food you eat, and how much of it you consume. Insulin just forces your body to be able to intake more nutrients than usual. From then on, any results gained are created by your diet and genetics.

-Gear

Thread Information