Xe0n is offline Junior Member

Advanced insulin use

Hi bro's,

Been researching for a long time, gained >20kg lbm in the last 18 months, trying to take myself to the next level now, don't want to hear any bullshit...

NOTE: I don't advocate using insulin for I believe it is very dangerous - anyone who has not done a lot of research please educate yourself greatly before considering any usage of this compound.

Just a few questions;
    1. Has anyone used more than 10iu of slin? If so what dosage were you taking and how many carbs were you taking in? Why did you settle on this dosage?

2. For those of you who take slin multiple times in a day, do you watch your fat intake ALL day, do you take fat burners, or do you let some fat accumulate and cut later?

3. Did you notice a large weight gain when you started taking it a few times a day (as opposed to once or not at all)?

Cheers

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hi Xe0n, and well done on the weight gain.

I have taken 20IU PWO with about 6g p/carbs for every 1IU of insulin . However, I believe anymore than 10IU is unnecessary and will lead to more side effects than positive gains. 10IU is enough for your body to be able to shuttle nutrients into cells. I did 20IU simply because I have used insulin quite a bit, and wanted to compare different dosages. I found same results with 20IU as 10IU, except hypogycemia arrived a lot faster when I used 20IU.

There is really no need to take insulin anymore than once p/day. Anymore than once p/day can lead to one becoming insulin dependant. A certain dose of insulin PWO is all your body needs, as that is the time your body is starving for fuel the most. This is why insulin is most beneficial PWO rather than any other time throughout the day.

I have taken insulin more than once p/day, once again just to compare with taking insulin once p/day and I found no difference.

-Gear

Reiki is offline New Member
    Hi bro's,
    Been researching for a long time, gained >20kg lbm in the last 18 months, trying to take myself to the next level now, don't want to hear any bullshit...
    I would like to know your personal experience with it, gonna take a whack aat it soon as well.

NOTE: I don't advocate using insulin for I believe it is very dangerous - anyone who has not done a lot of research please educate yourself greatly before considering any usage of this compound.

Just a few questions;
    1. Has anyone used more than 10iu of slin? If so what dosage were you taking and how many carbs were you taking in? Why did you settle on this dosage?
    I've heard of people taking 20iu-30iu per day. Ive also heard of advanced users using anything from 0-300 carbs. It all depends on how you want to run it and how advanced you are as a slin user!!!

2. For those of you who take slin multiple times in a day, do you watch your fat intake ALL day, do you take fat burners, or do you let some fat accumulate and cut later?
    It all depends on on what kinda insulin you use but u dont have to limit fat intake all day. ONLY WHILE INSULIN IS ACTIVE.

3. Did you notice a large weight gain when you started taking it a few times a day (as opposed to once or not at all)?

Cheers
    Havent done it yet Sorry

Xe0n is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    There is really no need to take insulin anymore than once p/day. Anymore than once p/day can lead to one becoming insulin dependant. A certain dose of insulin PWO is all your body needs, as that is the time your body is starving for fuel the most. This is why insulin is most beneficial PWO rather than any other time throughout the day.
    Now, I understand what you are saying, however if you would agree with me that insulin makes the nutrients you consume more effective, you would then also have to conclude that adding an additional shot of slin everyday you would allow yourself to consume more nutrients than normal. Sure, it may not be as effective as PWO when your body is starved of nutrients but surely you would agree usage twice a day MUST equal greater results - so long as it can be concluded that more food=better gains... [which is usually the case when large amounts of anabolics are entered into the picture]

I am also partially questioning where this magical 10iu dosage came from - in comparison to a lot of the other substances we use as bodybuilders, insulin does not have a long track record... so please don't be shy guys, I know there are some hardcore users here and some who may one day make the pro stage... so please speak up if you use / have used insulin in large amounts and your experiences in doing so. (Before you flame- Insulin is risky, but personally I am educated on my carb timing etc and would rather maximise my gains through the use of this substance before destoying my body through the use of heavy doses of anadrol etc...)

Cheers

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Xe0n,

I see what you are saying. However, what you must understand that insulin is no way as effective throughout the day as it is PWO. Taking slin during the day can lead to easy fat gain, and on top of that, watching your diet all day long (if taken PWO + during the day) would be a pain in the a$$ if you ask me. Some people don't have time to take insulin throughout the day + PWO and monitor their diet all day long. Also, taking insulin more than once p/day increases the chances of one becoming diabetic as well. So, saying all that, I choose to take slin once p/day only PWO. Why PWO, because that's when it's most effective, and a nutrient rush at that time is all your body needs.

From here on, it is up to you. So you may take slin more than once p/day. That's if you don't mind monitoring your diet all day long, and if you don't mind the fat storage risks. Also, I hope you don't mind the fact that you are running a risk of becoming dependant because long term use + dosing more than once p/day is how your body becomes dependant. It's common sense to say that is how your body gets used to slin, perm.

As for dosing, like I said in my first reply, I have taken up to 20IU, and I have taken 10IU. I got the same results but more sides when I took 20IU. So I choose to stick to taking about 10 - 12IU PWO as I believe that is enough for my body to shuttle nutrients into cells.

You have to remember there is only a certain amount of nutrients your body can handle. So let's say your body can't handle anymore than 80g of carbs PWO, taking 20IU of slin will not allow your body to be able to handle double the usual amount. In most cases 10IU will do the job, but everybody is different.

Hope I have made myself clear.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 05-24-2005 at 05:58 AM.

j martini is offline Member
    Twice a day can work for the typical ectomorph who is always very lean and has difficulty gaining weight. For someone who gains bodyfat easily it would not be such a good idea.

I would not let myself get fat and bloated on slin just to see the scale moving up.

I would take 10IU PWO with 140g carbs my carbs are this high as i am very carb tolerant and do not add bodyfat easily

ACAZORES is offline Member
    I used to do this slin cycle once it was like this 20iu every 4hours from the time that I woke up until I get to bed I guess it was 4 shots of 20iu per day, same gains as taking 10iu per day.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The most i've used at any one times is 12 IUs

I've used slin at multiples times truout the day...and have not noticed any improvement over the single dose of 10 IUs PWO.

sxt
    sxt is offline New Member
    Well now you guys have me worried . I have just hired a trainer for the first time . He has given me my diet . Along with my insulin shots which is twice a day . One at 6:30am the second right after workout . The amounts are 8 IU's each time . Diet is as follows

5am - 12 egg whites , 1/2 c oatmeal
    6:30 am - 8 IU's Humulin R
    7 am - 90 g protein , 90 g carb pro , 15 g glutamine , 15 g creatine , x1 muliti vit , x1 omega complex
    9:45 - 10 oz chicken , 1/2 c oatmeal
    11:00 am - same
    12:30 - same
    3:45 - train
    4:20 - Humulog 8 IU's
    90 g protein , 90 g carb pro , 15 g glut , 15 g creatine , multi vit , omega complex
    5:00 pm - 9 oz steak , with 8 oz pot or 1/2 c rice
    8:00 pm - 10 oz chicken , 5 c broceolli
    The thing I 'm worried about is the amount of insulin .Every where I read no one is doing 2 shots a day. I'm by far not a pro in this area this is why I hired some one . He does have a very good back ground . Has benn training for a long time . The PWO shot has me going also . Worried about going into shock during workout . How long after my shoot & carb drink do I go workout ?

I have done lots of reading guys on this I know how dangurous it can be .Still reading & learning its never enough . Doing it that's it . Am competing next yr for the first time . Thanks for your input a head of time .

Thread Information