Ironxtreme is offline New Member

How long to take Insulin??

Hey guys I was wonder how long do you cycle your insulin ? A friend of mine was doing his 6 weeks on 2 weeks off.....how do you take yours???

Thanks IX

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    4on/4off is common practice.

-rodge

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would take more than 2 weeks off. As rodge said, most common way to cycle insulin is 4 weeks on followed by the same amount of time off. Cycling insulin like your friend does is risky as his chances of becoming dependant are higher than if he was cycling it like most do (time on = time off, 4/4).

-Gear

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I do 4 on 4 off.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I would take more than 2 weeks off. As rodge said, most common way to cycle insulin is 4 weeks on followed by the same amount of time off. Cycling insulin like your friend does is risky as his chances of becoming dependant are higher than if he was cycling it like most do (time on = time off, 4/4).

-Gear
    Are there any conclusive studies out there to show time on = time off with slin use is more benifictial than a day off? #'s that we make up for ourselves usualy don't hold well vs. reality

citric is offline New Member
    I was wondering about that aswell. We are using doses of insulin which are only slightly higher than what diabetics use (5-7 units premeal for insulin sensitive ones)? A high tolerance to human insulin does not mean a high tolerance to humalog, therefore we do not become crosstolerant to human insulin with high humalog doses (possibly incorrect), so little chance of type 2 diabetes. All the other forms are gentic (except Type 3E [caused by chemicals or drugs], which appears to be so rare as to be nonexistant?)

We are not likely to find a study, but 4 weeks on 4 off seems to me to be a geuss based on results with very different drugs. People don't do 4 weeks on 4 off cycles of GH.
    Last edited by citric; 05-25-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by citric
    I was wondering about that aswell. We are using doses of insulin which are only slightly higher than what diabetics use (5-7 units premeal for insulin sensitive ones)? A high tolerance to human insulin does not mean a high tolerance to humalog, therefore we do not become crosstolerant to human insulin with high humalog doses (possibly incorrect), so little chance of type 2 diabetes. All the other forms are gentic (except Type 3E [caused by chemicals or drugs], which appears to be so rare as to be nonexistant?)

We are not likely to find a study, but 4 weeks on 4 off seems to me to be a geuss based on results with very different drugs. People don't do 4 weeks on 4 off cycles of GH.
    I agree, I mean I did a 20 week AAS cycle which went well over 2 grams total per week, had every blood test the doc thought would be even slightly useful and everything came back normal about 2 weeks after PCT was completed. I waited 2 more weeks (4 weeks total post PCT), went back on cycle using 500mg of Test only and made good gains for what I had to work with, no tolerance was observed and my sex drive was fine between cycles...

With HGH you can do ED, EOD, 5 on 2 off, 6 on 1 off... seems like most people are very confused. For slin I've seen mostly 4 on 4 off, some 4 on 3 off, and few 4 on 2 off, whos to say one is wrong without any solid evidance

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No one is saying, running slin for more than 4 weeks is wrong. The only reason why the 4 ON/OFF method is recomended is because most people get good gains within this time and minimum side effects, so they stick to using slin 4 ON/OFF. Everybody is dfferent so one may be able to run slin for longer than another without any sides.

In terms of becoming dependant, many bodybuilders and a few people I know have become insulin dependant. They have never had issues as such before they started using slin, so obviously them becoming dependant had something to do with insulin use, so... running slin for a long period of time and/or having short breaks between cycle isn't going to help one not become dependant. People are very vary of this, and that is why most seem to stick with the 4 ON/OFF method because in most cases that method brings good gains and not many sides. That is satisfying enough for them. I am sure you can probably run slin for longer, but most are not willing to test their limits (especially knowing many have became dependant due to slin use). Why should they if they are happy with gains and hardly any sides within that 4 week poeriod.

There are no sudies or facts that proves slin is best ran "x" amount of time ON, then the same amount of time off because everybody is different. Like I said, one may be able to run slin longer than another and have no side effects.

Bottom line is, there is no real rule for slin use, there never was, only a guesstamate guideline that suits most. This guideline may not necessaraly suit everybody.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 05-26-2005 at 01:16 AM.

j martini is offline Member
    My guess is that using slin multiple times, instead of just PWO would definitely cause a higher chance of you becoming dependant. After all slin is in your body for about 3 hours when used IM so the majority of the day your body has to release its own insulin . I can only imagine that injecting synthetic slin multiple times a day would highly increase your chances of becoming dependant.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Are there any conclusive studies out there to show time on = time off with slin use is more benifictial than a day off? #'s that we make up for ourselves usualy don't hold well vs. reality
    No institution is going to do a study on slin for bodybuilding use. Clinical studies are expensive and reserved for medical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    No institution is going to do a study on slin for bodybuilding use. Clinical studies are expensive and reserved for medical purposes.
    Bodybuilding doesn't have to have anything to do with it, even an informal study with people without diabetes that are taking slin (probably bb's anyway), recording their use and finding at what point damage is done. There always more than enough people willing to push the envelope, might as well benifit from their screw ups lol

I hear what your saying but studies require a controlled environment and a lot of time and money. I think it would be hard to put it together without some serious funding. I'd like to see some studies on GH and IGF for bodybuilding purposes.

How many days of the week do you guys use insulin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironxtreme
    How many days of the week do you guys use insulin?
    5 days a week pwo

-rodge

Only on days you work out correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironxtreme
    Only on days you work out correct?

correct

-rodge

Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    yes, best to use only on days you workout, why use it on a day when your muscles have not been worked and are not going to grow or even benefit from the added insulin , youd just run the risk of getting fat LOL. 6 week on 6 week off blah blah, You can run it as long as you want, Ive personally ran it for months at a time, The only thing is like anything else you do start to build a tolerance you could say, so you up the dosage, but ive never shot more than 15iu's at a time, that is a hefty amount, so if your a beginer dont even think about it. You people regularly visit this board, read Hooker'anthony roberts' insulin profile its very good and accurate. Any way bakc to running it for extended periods of time, your gonna have to run it for a very very very very long time to become insulin dependent/diabetic its almost unheard of. In any case after having a long running cycle of insulin and you feel the need to do some kind of pct, guess what there is a way, use some R-ALA or some Glucophage which is prescribed for that very reason, its used for TypeII diabetics and it refresh's your insulin receptors. yay! LOL
    -Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Slin
    yes, best to use only on days you workout, why use it on a day when your muscles have not been worked and are not going to grow or even benefit from the added insulin , youd just run the risk of getting fat LOL. 6 week on 6 week off blah blah, You can run it as long as you want, Ive personally ran it for months at a time, The only thing is like anything else you do start to build a tolerance you could say, so you up the dosage, but ive never shot more than 15iu's at a time, that is a hefty amount, so if your a beginer dont even think about it. You people regularly visit this board, read Hooker'anthony roberts' insulin profile its very good and accurate. Any way bakc to running it for extended periods of time, your gonna have to run it for a very very very very long time to become insulin dependent/diabetic its almost unheard of. In any case after having a long running cycle of insulin and you feel the need to do some kind of pct, guess what there is a way, use some R-ALA or some Glucophage which is prescribed for that very reason, its used for TypeII diabetics and it refresh's your insulin receptors. yay! LOL
    -Doc
    Muscles are still growing during recovery even on non-workout days. Although probably marginal, slin can also be beneficial during this time shuttling needed nutrients to cells. Slin is also used in the AM before breakfast to stave off catabolism. I've used it both ways on both wo and non-workout days. It's been said many times and argued that using slin twice a day or for extended periods may increase the risk of dependency. It's up to the user to educate themselves and decide if the benefits outweigh the risk involved.

Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Muscles are still growing during recovery even on non-workout days. Although probably marginal, slin can also be beneficial during this time shuttling needed nutrients to cells. Slin is also used in the AM before breakfast to stave off catabolism. I've used it both ways on both wo and non-workout days. It's been said many times and argued that using slin twice a day or for extended periods may increase the risk of dependency. It's up to the user to educate themselves and decide if the benefits outweigh the risk involved.
    True but for the average user its not a practical use. A problem with general insulin use is its ability to store fat so easily, when you use on a day that you havent worked out, true your muscles are still recovering and need nutrients to grow but they are not even close to as hungry for protien and nutrients as they are right after aworkout not even close! so the negetive effects for most outways the any benefits of using insulin on an off day, unless your an experienced user and have your diet completley in check and are eating no fats 4-6hrs before and after your shots.

LOL and ive used morning shots to, so?

Thread Information