bigdogc is offline Associate Member

slin on my friend

if you read the title it rhymes, but other than that its a serious thread.
    My friend is 19, 200lbs, and 6'3 with only 8% BF. he doesnt diet the way that is preached here (seperation of carbs/fats) but overall he eats healthy. Anyway, he randomly decided to take slin today so with little research and unaware of the side effects he shot 2ius of humulin R. anyway, i got on here real quick read the insulin book and had him take 40g whey, a banana, 16 ounces of milk and some honey (30g dextrose). this was 15 minutes after our workout. anyway, i told him to have a sweet potatoe (40carbs?) and lean meat. At 2 hours he had another carb meal with little fat and i think a carb shake with maltodextrin and other simple carbs. is this good for 2 ius for his first time? im sorry to bother yall, i would just feel horrible if he got hurt of this, because i was the one that told him the benefits of insulin.

PS- he injected under belly button by pinching fat together, is that okay? or does it need to go past the skin?

Justtryin2live is offline New Member
    Your instructions would counter any effects of the insulin . Everyone reacts differently to insulin but 2 units would barely have a ngative effect on someone who eats "non-clean". He is fine. no problems. Just tell him not to do that again without being on point. Sub Q is also slower acting, less likely to cause a problem. I have seen 10units of insulin drop sugar on a diabetic from 300 to 200 so you should be careful.

what does that mean though? should he be eating a healthy meal like yams and lean protein? i told him to take the simple carbs to raise blood sugar, but are you only supposed to do that if you go into hypo? sorry about not knowing this, im going to read the insulin .txt but i had to think fast and just did what i could, my friend was just persistant on taking slin before knowing anything. anyway, i cant wait to see how it goes. what kind of meal would you take for the 4 hours, and where should he inject?

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    tell him to stop and research before he will kill him self.

insulin is some pretty serieus stuff and should'nt be used by someone uneducated,this could result in going hypo(even dead) or getting fat as hell.

there is plenty of info here on slin so research before shooting again.

-rodge

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Leave the banans, and milk out of it. At 2IU there wouldn't really be that much of an effect anyway. The rule that most follow is 10g of carbs p/1IU of slin, and the best source of carbs to use PWO is dextrose or maltodextrin followed by a protein (isolate) shake as your protein source.

His carbohydrate consumption should be something like rice or baked potatoes all throughout the insulin active period. The protein source shold be tuna or maybe grilled chicken. Stay away from steaks, and don't consume fats while slin is active.

Like rodge said, he should do some research before going ahead with drugs as such, but I have pointed out the basics that will keep him alive and from gaining fat.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    what does that mean though? should he be eating a healthy meal like yams and lean protein?
    In my previous reply to this post I stated what kind of foods should be consumed when using insulin .

i told him to take the simple carbs to raise blood sugar, but are you only supposed to do that if you go into hypo?
    It's a good idea to carry glucose tabs on him incase he goes hypo, perhaps a coca cola (not diet). You may consume simple carbs incase of hypo, but they are the kind of carbohydrates you would usually consume throughout the insulin active period. Either way is fine.

sorry about not knowing this, im going to read the insulin.txt
    Great idea.

i cant wait to see how it goes.
    Don't expect miracles. Insulin only helps to shuttle nutrients into cells which long terms wise can lead to muscle/strength gains. He will not gain 20LB of using insulin, but it's still a beneficial addetive.

what kind of meal would you take for the 4 hours
    In my previous reply to this post I stated what kind of foods should be consumed when using insulin.

and where should he inject?
    Sub-Q around the belly area, or IM anywhere where there is not much skin/fat but mostly muscle (bicept/tricept), that way you know most of the needle is in the actual muscle and not the skin/fat.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-08-2005 at 05:52 AM.

thank you all for the help, after reading your replies and that long-ass insulin .txt i think i have it down for him, it should go like this

workout-
    5 minutes after inject 5IUs,
    1 minute later protein shake 40gmalto40gdextrose50gwhey
    1 hour and 15 minutes later begin PPWO- Yams and Tuna
    2 hours- lean protein (chicken) and brown rice
    4 hours later- small carb/protein meal

everything look fine?

You have too many carbs as your PWO shake. Remember, the rule we follow is, 10g of carbs for every 1IU of slin. So, if he starting with 5IU, he would need 50g of carbs (pref dex). You have 40g of malto (carbs) and 40g of dex (carbs). That is 80g of carbs, and he only needs 50g. So, that may lead to fat gain as any excess nutrients will be stored. Up your protein consumption to about 75g PWO.

-Gear

thanks for all the advice gear, i would definently try that tommorow with my friend.

anyway, today we went up to 5 ius had 80g dex/malt carbs 50g whey 10g creatine and finnaly 5g glutamine.
    after 2 hours he should have good meal right? yams and lean protein.

anyway, my question at this point is, why cant he have more than 10 carbs per IU, its been reported that 5-7 is standard by doctors and that 10 is just a common rule going by. could more carbs be used for building muscle? or do the excess carbs (more than 10 per iu) go straight to fat? because im sure my buddy has great metabolism, hes a natural athelete at 195 @8%, and his diet isnt even that great!

tommorow will be 7IUs, so 40gdex 30gmalt 75g protein 10g creatine, 2 hours later normal meal, 2 hours later, normal meal. all meals carbs/protein with little fat. is this good to go?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    I think this was probably touched on, but since your bro is shooting humulin-R, rather than the faster-acting humalog, I find it imperative to shoot IM and not SubQ - if not scrap the humulin altogether, in favor of the log.

I now prefer to shoot in the bicep exclusively (Gear converted me to the bi injections, and I love it.)

Good luck to you and your bro.

thanks for all the advice gear, i would definently try that tommorow with my friend.

anyway, today we went up to 5 ius had 80g dex/malt carbs 50g whey 10g creatine and finnaly 5g glutamine.

anyway, my question at this point is, why cant he have more than 10 carbs per IU, its been reported that 5-7 is standard by doctors and that 10 is just a common rule going by. could more carbs be used for building muscle? or do the excess carbs (more than 10 per iu) go straight to fat? because im sure my buddy has great metabolism, hes a natural athelete at 195 @8%, and his diet isnt even that great!

tommorow will be 7IUs, so 40gdex 30gmalt 75g protein 10g creatine, 2 hours later normal meal, 2 hours later, normal meal. all meals carbs/protein with little fat. is this good to go?
    I usually have my first proper meal about 1.25hrs after my PWO protein consumption.

anyway, my question at this point is, why cant he have more than 10 carbs per IU, its been reported that 5-7 is standard by doctors and that 10 is just a common rule going by
    Most people experience positive gains and almost no negative effects when they use the 10g p/1IU method. That is why most people seem to stick by that rule. However, everybody is different. There are many out there that simply can't use any less than 8g p/1IU, otherwise they go hypo. Some can go even lower than 8g p/1IU. I have seen people use as little as 5g p/1IU. I can't do that as I have tested my limits and found once I use any less than 7g I go hypo. So for me, 7g is good enough. It's all about experiencing and finding that comfost zone where you are getting minium sides and satisfying enough results.

could more carbs be used for building muscle?
    Any excess carbs will be stored and you will gain fat So be carefull with the amount of carbohydrates you consume while insulin is active. I always say, when one uses slin, they should consume just enough carbs to stay out of hypo.

I am unsure why you are using both dex and malto. You can do that, but I and most other people only use one or the other. Never really knew of anyone that combines these two together. Either way is fine, but I thoght I might add that part in anyway.

Have your dinner 1.25hrs post PWO protein consumption. Then have another meal about 2hrs later. By the time you have your next meal slin will no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Don't consume fats while slin is acive and don't have too many carbs.

I hope all goes well, and let us know if you need any further guideance

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-09-2005 at 01:24 AM.

balla is offline New Member
    you said to inject into the arm. where's the best place to do that. no need to do it in a vain right?

What type of gains have you guys experienced while using insulin .

any noticeable strength gains

Quote Originally Posted by balla
    you said to inject into the arm. where's the best place to do that. no need to do it in a vain right?
    If you are shooting Sub-Q, then inject around the belly area. If you are shooting IM, then shoot anywhere where there is not much skin/fat, and mostly muscle, that way you know most of the needle is in the actual muscle and not the skin/fat. When I shoot IM, I usually shoot it in my bicept, sometimes my tricept as well.

Never inject anything in the vein.

-Gear

Thread Information