JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Anti-inflamitories and LR3, don't do it

Dexamethasone is an anti-inflamitory

Insulin -like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and especially IGF-I variants are anabolic in dexamethasone-treated rats.

Tomas FM, Knowles SE, Owens PC, Chandler CS, Francis GL, Read LC, Ballard FJ.

CSIRO Division of Human Nutrition, Adelaide, South Australia.

The administration of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) via subcutaneously implanted osmotic pumps partially reversed a catabolic state produced by the co-administration of 20 micrograms of dexamethasone/day to 150 g male rats. Marked dose-dependent effects on body weight and nitrogen retention were produced, with the highest IGF-I dose, 695 micrograms/day, giving a 6 g increase in body weight over 7 days, compared with a 19 g loss in the dexamethasone-only group and an 18 g gain in pair-fed controls. Two IGF-I analogues that bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins, the truncated form, des(1-3)IGF-I, and a variant with an N-terminal extension as well as arginine at residue 3, LR3IGF-I, were approx. 2.5-fold more potent than IGF-I. The response with LR3IGF-I was particularly striking because this peptide binds 3-fold less well than IGF-I to the type 1 IGF receptor. The increased potencies of the IGF-I variants may relate to the substantially increased plasma levels of IGF-binding proteins, particularly IGFBP-3, produced by the combined treatment of dexamethasone with IGF-I or the variants. These binding proteins would be expected to decrease the transfer of IGF-I, but not that of the variants, from blood to tissue sites of action. Measurements of muscle protein synthesis at the end of the treatment period and muscle protein breakdown by 3-methylhistidine (3MH) excretion throughout the experiment indicated coordinate anabolic effects of the IGF peptides on both processes. Thus 3MH excretion was decreased at the highest IGF-I dose from 83.5 +/- 4.2 (S.E.M.) mumol/kg per 7 days to 65.1 +/- 2.2, compared with 54.9 +/- 1.2 in the pair-fed controls. Part of this response in 3MH excretion may have reflected a decrease in gut protein breakdown, because IGF-I and especially the IGF analogues increased the gut weight by up to 45%. Notwithstanding the effects on protein synthesis and breakdown, the fractional carcass weights remained low in the IGF-treated groups, although the increase in total carcass weight reflected nitrogen rather than fat gain. The dexamethasone-induced changes in liver, spleen and heart weight were restored towards normal by the IGF treatment. The experiment demonstrates the potential of IGF-I treatment of catabolic states and especially the value of modified forms of growth factors that bind weakly to IGF-binding proteins.

JohnnyB

Daaaammmnnnnnn good info Johnny

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Good heads up JB. I personally stay away from any Anti-Inflamatory because of the negative effects it has on protein synthesis regardless if Im on AAS, LR3, etc

A good alternative for an Anti-Inflam is a drug I believe is called taladrel tradel (spelling is obv fckd up)

BB

joevette is offline Banned
    Yikes! Good to know.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Very good info

daos is offline Associate Member
    Anti Inflamatory meaning things like ibuprofen and prednisone?

Teegunn is offline Banned
    What about something known as "Asacol"?? Is this in the same category??

daos is offline Associate Member
    Asacol is an anti inflammatory. i used to take it for my Chrones disease

Thread Information