SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Slin Sides, Any Advice????

I told myself about 2 years ago I wouldnt do Slin again and found out why today.
    Decided to give the good ol Humalog a try again today. Shot 4ui PWO, consumed 60 grmas of carbs to be safe. About an hour after I started feeling really weak and shaky. I tried eating and could barely get the food in my mouth without it all falling off my fork.
    Anyone else get sides like this??? Maybe I just did too much to start??? I'm afraid to do 6 tomorrow. Should I give it a day and do 4 again and try working up? Last time I did this I topped out at 8, similar sides but not this bad. Thanks!!!

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i would keep glucose tablet's on hand bro just incase better safe than dead

westy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    I told myself about 2 years ago I wouldnt do Slin again and found out why today.
    Decided to give the good ol Humalog a try again today. Shot 4ui PWO, consumed 60 grmas of carbs to be safe. About an hour after I started feeling really weak and shaky. I tried eating and could barely get the food in my mouth without it all falling off my fork.
    Anyone else get sides like this??? Maybe I just did too much to start??? I'm afraid to do 6 tomorrow. Should I give it a day and do 4 again and try working up? Last time I did this I topped out at 8, similar sides but not this bad. Thanks!!!
    It sound to me like you should read up more on Slin use mate... going from you're post it doesn't sound like you know what you're doing...

Great Info here...
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...hlight=Humilog

Quote Originally Posted by westy
    It sound to me like you should read up more on Slin use mate... going from you're post it doesn't sound like you know what you're doing...

Great Info here...
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...hlight=Humilog
    He seems to have done a fine job to me. he took 15 carbs/i.u slin pwo, which is higher that recommended.

Anyways, you just need to remember your humalog is going to peak around an hour, so you've got to have your second carb meal ready to go.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Go by how you feel. If you can't handle the side lower the dose or consume more carbs.

-Gear

westy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    He seems to have done a fine job to me. he took 15 carbs/i.u slin pwo, which is higher that recommended.

Anyways, you just need to remember your humalog is going to peak around an hour, so you've got to have your second carb meal ready to go.

Yep noticed he got the PWO Carbs, but he didnt say anything about the PPWO a Hour or so later Carb/Meal (What ever works best for you) also noticed he didn't state about the 70-80g Protien drink as well PWO...

I know only as much as I've read, and beleive me on something like you have to read all you can... as I did and still are...

All the Best... and good luck
    Westy..

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you using dextrose? The carbs your using may not be fast enough to offset the hypo. I wouldn't trust anything but dextrose. Glucose tabs are a great idea. 2 or 3 will have you feeling better in a few minutes. The PPWO meal is just as important as your PWO.

Maltodextrin and dextrose are both digested fast so either one will do.

-Gear

A lot of advice in a short time, thank You!!!!!
    First of all I didnt want to break down every little thing I did b/c I didn't think it was necessary to do so. I just sometimes get thrown off by the questions some people ask here. It will be 5 paragraphs long to ask 1, sometimes stupid, question. Here's the details:

Just about 10 minutes before finishing up my work out I took in the 4ui. Finished a few sets and took in roughly 60 grams of malt 10 minutes after shooting it. The 60 grams came from a new supplement I'm going to try this time called Vitargo CGL. I used dextrose last time and similar sides occurred.
    About 20 minutes after taking in the carbs I was home and mixed my shake. 3 scoops of Beverly Mass maker and 1 scoop of Beverly Muscle Protein. That was Another 42 grams carbs +41 Grams of Protein.
    Took a shower and 30 minutes after that consumed 6 ounces of Chix Breast and some legumes. That was about 50 grams Protein and 30 grams Carbs.
    How does that sound???? Thanking everyone in advance for helping me. SLin is the only thing in my years that I've had problems with. Hopefully a thread like this can help that.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont take slin, that is my advise

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50

That's probably the best advise anyone can give me. I told myself that 2 years ago now I'm doing it again.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    slin is a great drug as long as you know how to use it right if you don't stay the hell away from this compound it will make you seriously fat and even worse kill

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's probably the best advise anyone can give me. I told myself that 2 years ago now I'm doing it again.
    Slin is a scary drug. I tried it for a week, and after did everything the right way.... I read about it for like 2 yrs... I still felt myself going hypo... I had drank a huge carbo shake PWO, and I thought I was gonna pass out. I drank more carbs... and luckly nothing really went bad. I threw away that slin about 20 mins later...

Stay away bro.... that is my advise.

citric is offline New Member
    I would start sipping your shake directly after the shot, and if you go hypo at the 60 minute mark, eat at the 45 minute mark. Personally, I just finished off 5 weeks @ 8iu with 60g dex imediately after and 50g pasta at the 60 minute mark. Haven't gone hypo yet.
    But I am suprised you would go hypo off of 4iu, you might be more sensitive to it and thus should probably avoid it.

A lot of advice in a short time, thank You!!!!!
    First of all I didnt want to break down every little thing I did b/c I didn't think it was necessary to do so. I just sometimes get thrown off by the questions some people ask here. It will be 5 paragraphs long to ask 1, sometimes stupid, question. Here's the details:

Just about 10 minutes before finishing up my work out I took in the 4ui. Finished a few sets and took in roughly 60 grams of malt 10 minutes after shooting it. The 60 grams came from a new supplement I'm going to try this time called Vitargo CGL. I used dextrose last time and similar sides occurred.
    About 20 minutes after taking in the carbs I was home and mixed my shake. 3 scoops of Beverly Mass maker and 1 scoop of Beverly Muscle Protein. That was Another 42 grams carbs +41 Grams of Protein.
    Took a shower and 30 minutes after that consumed 6 ounces of Chix Breast and some legumes. That was about 50 grams Protein and 30 grams Carbs.
    How does that sound???? Thanking everyone in advance for helping me. SLin is the only thing in my years that I've had problems with. Hopefully a thread like this can help that.
    I am wondering why you are taking insulin 10 minutes before you finish training? Perhaps you are taking Humalin-R? If that's the case then that is ok, but if you are using other faster acting insulins such as Humalog then you should be having a dose immidietly PWO.

As for your carbohydrate consumption PWO, have it immidietly post workout or 5 min PWO max. Dextrose and maltodextrin are the fastest acting carbohydrates therefore they are the best type of carbs to take PWO. I am unsure what Vitargo is as I don't know the ingridients, but I am sure being a supplment it would be more expensive than malto or dex and probably less effective too depending on what's in it. Stick to dex or malto as your carb source PWO.

Your diet schedule should look something like this:

* Train
    * Immidietly post training have your "x" amount of insulin
    * Immidietly post insulin dose or 5 min later have your "x" amount of carbs, perhaps some glutamine and creatine for additional benefits. These are optional, however the carbohydrate consumption is a must obviously.
    * 15 minutes later have your protein shake (approx 75g), pref protein isolate as isolate acts fast therefore would be beneficial PWO as at that time your body needs fuel for recovery ASAP.
    * 1.25hrs later have your first proper meal. Have some grilled chicken or tuna as your protein source (50g). Have some baked potatoes or boiled rice as your carbohydrates source (50g). If you start to feel hypo before you reach the 1.25hr mark, have dinner then.
    * 2.00hrs later have another solid meal that consists of both carbohydrates and protein. Once again you can have something like the first meal. Because at this time insulin is on it's way out of your system, your carbohydrate consumption shouldn't have to be high, so have about 40g of carbs. Note that you should always consume the amount of food you think you need, so if you feel the need to have more carbs then have more carbs.
    * By the time you have your next meal insulin should no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Try and consume as less fats as possible while insulin is active, and always have a no fat high sugar drink on you incase of hypo. Many carry glucose tabs, so you can get some of them if you like. Don't fall asleep while insulin is active as insulin can have an effect on your body while your sleeping and send your to hypoglycemia without anyone relising because they would think that your asleep.

I try and not have a shower right after I have my shot because the hot water can make me feel hot and sweaty, this can be confusing as you wouldn't know if you are going hypo if you are feeling that way because of the hot water. So be carefull there.

If you want to monitor your BG and know if you are consuming too many or not enough, it's a good idea to get a BG monitor. They will tell you where your BG levels are at. If your BG is too high then you know you have consumed too many carbs which may lead to excess nutrients therefore fat storage. If your BG is too low then you know you have plenty more room for carbs. A BG monitor is a great little and inexpensive tool that will help you fine tune your diet.

All the best.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I am unsure what Vitargo is as I don't know the ingridients, but I am sure being a supplment it would be more expensive than malto or dex and probably less effective too depending on what's in it. Stick to dex or malto as your carb source PWO.

Yea maybe you're right about the Vitargo. I had the dextrose in my hand and my training partner told me to get the Vitargo. Its neither Malt nor Dex. What sold me on it was that its carbs are derived from Swedish Waxy maize starch. And in bold letters is emphasizes that it Restores muscular glycogen 70% faster than dextrose or maltodextrin. That's basically why I bought it. Had nothing to do w/ Marcus Rual endorsing it. That basically just raises the price a bit.

Thank You very much for everything!!!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    lol why?

Just a little FYI. All of those sides I described only occurred the first day and minimally on the second. Its now day 4 and I"m up to 7ui w/ no sides whatsoever. Maybe it was just the effect it had on me considering it was my first time in a long time trying it again. When I"m running 10 for a few days I'll let everyone know how I'm doing. That is if I can reach 10 w/ no prob

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe you psyched yourself out. I've heard other people doing the same thing. I never have any real problems as long as I get my dex in me right after injection and all my PWO protein and meals. I never go over 10iu's. I was using it in the morning too and I noticed you go hypo alot faster in the AM with no food in you.

Just a little FYI. All of those sides I described only occurred the first day and minimally on the second. Its now day 4 and I"m up to 7ui w/ no sides whatsoever. Maybe it was just the effect it had on me considering it was my first time in a long time trying it again. When I"m running 10 for a few days I'll let everyone know how I'm doing. That is if I can reach 10 w/ no prob
    One day you could take 10IU and experience no sides what so ever. The day after you might take 5IU and experience hypoglycemia. Wondering why? I will clear this up for you just incase you are interested.

Hypoglycemia not only depends on how much slin you take, and how much carbs you consume. It also depends on how active you have been throughout the day, it depends on your diet for that day as well as how tired or energytic you have been feeling. All these effect BG levels, and using insulin + carbs PWO on top of that will effect BG levels as well. So at the end of all this, depending on your daily schedule + slin/carbs PWO depends on where your BG will end up. And at last, depending on where your BG is depends on if hypo will be absent or present at that time.

That's why sometimes people get confused and say "hrmm, yesterday I only took 7IU and had experienced hypo, but a while ago I took 15IU and felt fine". What's the deal there?

Hope I've made that clear.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-22-2005 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    One day you could take 10IU and experience no sides what so ever. The day after you might take 5IU and experience hypoglycemia. Wondering why? I will clear this up for you just incase you are interested.

Hypoglycemia not only depends on how much slin you take, and how much carbs you consume. It also depends on how active you have been throughout the day, it depends on your diet for that day as well as how tired or energytic you have been feeling. All these effect BG levels, and using insulin + carbs PWO on top of that will effect BG levels as well. So at the end of all this, depending on your daily schedule + slin/carbs PWO depends on where your BG will end up. And at last, depending on where your BG is depends on if hypo will be absent or present at that time.

That's why sometimes people get confused and say "hrmm, yesterday I only took 7IU and had experienced hypo, but a while ago I took 15IU and felt fine". What's the deal there?

Hope I've made that clear.

-Gear

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh very nice Gear!!! See that's why I'm on this site. Thank You very much for all of your helpful input.
    Yea, I'm taking summer classes in college plus Train people during the day then train myself. All of the along w/ working a few nights put a lot of stress on me. I now see how all of that is synergistically working against me. Atleast on the bodybuilding and health end of it.

-Jay

Not a problem bro, and yes this indeed is a great site.

-Gear

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    take your glucose levels,before take insulin .
    maybe you are slightly hypoglicemic.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 10-22-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    take your glucose levels,before take insulin .
    maybe you are hypoglicemic.
    This thread is 500 years old.I looked at it doing research...lol...very good thread though

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    well........... dead can be serious...........lol.......
    twice close............lol............you get deeper,philosophical.
    elevated.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    This thread is 500 years old.I looked at it doing research...lol...very good thread though
    i m doing a little research myself pinn, and this shit kinda scares me... lol
    u really are hardcore though... slin, igf,aas... at least i know who to ask if i have a question...

Thread Information