MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Splitting Hgh Shots

OK bros, I know that taking 4 ius of GH it is better to split into 2 ius twice, but what if I simply cannot do that, how much better is taking 2ius twice as opposed to 4uis 1 shot in the morning? Is there that much of a difference?
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 06-20-2005 at 08:07 AM.

supersteve Guest
    Bump, very curious about this. I want to take 4iu in one hit before bed as opposed to splitting it up.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I am sure it would still get the job done as I know many that have taken that much at once. However, another reason why people split their doses is because it has been found that it's more beneficial when GH is taken at certain times of the day, then just once p/day. For that reason, people split up their doses.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    Bump, very curious about this. I want to take 4iu in one hit before bed as opposed to splitting it up.
    I dont think you want to take it before bed thats the wrong choice, do a bit more research. I think you want to do it in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I am sure it would still get the job done as I know many that have taken that much at once. However, another reason why people split their doses is because it has been found that it's more beneficial when GH is taken at certain times of the day, then just once p/day. For that reason, people split up their doses.

-Gear
    Gear i was hoping you would respond, i know you have the knowledge. so what kind of benefits are we talking, all i'm looking for is the muscle gain, screw the anti-aging aspect. i'm running it with AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I dont think you want to take it before bed thats the wrong choice
    Not necessaraly. If he has shots in the AM/afternoon, prior bedtime doses can be beneficial.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Not necessaraly. If he has shots in the AM/afternoon, prior bedtime doses can be beneficial.

-Gear
    I wont argue with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Gear i was hoping you would respond, i know you have the knowledge. so what kind of benefits are we talking, all i'm looking for is the muscle gain, screw the anti-aging aspect. i'm running it with AAS.
    As mentioend in my first reply to this post, I know many that have taken GH only once p/day and have had great success. So I can't say taking GH once p/day is totally wrong, maybe less effective when compared to taking it more than once p/day, but not entirly wrong.

I have come across many studies that show GH is mostly beneficial when taken at certain times of the day (more than once p/day). That leads me to believe that taking GH more than once p/day is the most effective way to take it. It really gets technical, but I do have a great article by RedBaron on GH dose timings. I have it copied and saved somewhere. I will paste it for you to have a read at. Hopefully I'll find it.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-20-2005 at 09:05 AM.

The following was originally written by RedBaron. I am sure he won't mind me pasting this considering he wrote it on AR in this very forum anyway. The following is a very interesting article on GH dose timings.

Thanx RB

The problem we will always have with subjects such as this is that everyone's body runs just a little different. As JohnnyB mentioned, it is pretty difficult to time with precision when the liver is going to secrete IGF-1. That being the case, unless we have some definitive monitoring device to verify the timing of that release, it is going to be even more difficult to time our HGH injections using this as a criteria.
    There is no question that waking up at 3-4 a.m. and giving yourself an injection has a lot of merit. I did this for about 10 months while I was using Genotropin Mini-Quick .8mg HGH. No question about it working well. The next best time to inject is first thing in the morning before you ever get dressed. These two times are going to offer the least chance of disrupting your own HGH cycle .... but as I said, everyone runs a little different so we are really making some general observations.

Realize that there are about 8-10 pulses of HGH throughout the day ... not ONLY the one at night. The thing is the chemical and hormonal conditions of the body at night are conducive to a major release of HGH. Other times you will see a MAJOR release of HGH is during short duration, HIGH intensity working out. If you have ever experienced a REALLY intense leg day workout the nauseous feeling and tiredness that follows is many times the result of a big endogenous HGH dump into your system. HGH is going to work for you for the most part whenever it is released into you system.

The reasoning behind a night-time injection would make a LOT of sense for someone with low / no natural HGH. This would most closely mimic the body's own cycle. For those of us with a normal / high natural output, night-time injections are a bit more complex issue. The thought behind the normal early morning - early afternoon injections is because these are times when your body's cortisol levels are high, and HGH can assist in minimizing its potential for catabolism. Also these are times that offer a greater likelihood of not interfering with a great number of natural pulses of endogenous HGH (though certainly no guarantee because of some of the variables discussed here).

So ..... I think about as close as anyone could come to a consensus would be to say .... If you are the type of person that routinely gets up to go to the bathroom in the early morning hours, that is a PERFECT time to take an HGH injection. If you aren't, next best is going to be the second you wake up. If you are taking two injections per day, there are a few scenarios that would make sense, such as (roughly most desirable to lesser):

injection one at 2-3 a.m. at bathroom break, number two at 8-9 a.m. upon waking
    injection one at 2-3 a.m. at bathroom break, number two at 1-2 p.m.
    injection one at 7-9 a.m., number two at 1-2 p.m.

If your natural HGH production is non-existant -
    injection one at bedtime, injection two first thing upon waking
    injection one at bedtime, injection two 1-2 p.m.

Again, all of these are general observations, there are always exceptions to every case, and there are so many variables (length of cycle, dose, general goals, body's own output, other components of cycle, etc., etc.)

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-20-2005 at 09:02 AM.

That article may be off track a little, but it does state other options you have inacse you don't go head with taking GH once p/day. That is why I posted it.

-Gear

An input from someone that has taken GH once p/day only would be great.

-Gear

Well thanks a lot Gear as always your knowledgable helps.
    I hope to hear from others that have taken only 1 shot per day of 4ius and more. Anyone?

No worries mate, all the best.

-Gear

Anyone?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I have taken exactly 4iu perday at 1 shot. I did only 4 months at 4ius 5on 2off immediately upon awakening. It worked well. Its a long story but I only had enough GH to last that long but I can say it worked well. The results only started surfacing into the last month. So another few months would have been nice. That was about 2 years ago. I just started the GH back up last week. Same case here b/c I liked the way it worked last time. Except now I have 500IUs to last me about 7 months. I'm still going w/ the same pattern of 1 shot in the AM. But I am also 25 years old. Other at an older age might think differently about injection time. Let me know how you do Ment.

I can say the only thing I'm really contemplating is IM or Sub-Q. I went sub-q last time but have been reading more and more about IM.

-Jay

dale is offline Associate Member
    somebody once said the liver can only process 2iu at a time and that's why you need to split up the doses.

Gear....any truth to this one?

supersteve Guest
    ^^^ i'd like to see a study which says the liver can only convert 2iu at once ... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dale
    somebody once said the liver can only process 2iu at a time and that's why you need to split up the doses.

Now that I cannot believe. What about the pros that takes 12 to 20 ius a day? There wouldn't be enough time . what about Markus ruhl who takes 36ius a day. if thats true. heard it several times from different sources. but dont know how true that is..

I definately split my doses.

Quote Originally Posted by dale

I would say everybody is different when it comes to that. It can depend on a lot of things.

-Gear

supersteve Guest
    Another question related to this ....
    People report more sides (namely carpel tunnel) taking 1 dose of 4iu as opposed to splitting it up into 2 x 2iu doses ... wouldn't more sides mean more growth is occuring?

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    wouldn't more sides mean more growth is occuring?
    Not necessaraly. There can always be more sides than positive effects, it has happend plenty times before.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 06-21-2005 at 05:28 AM.

However, side effects is usually a sign meaning "whatever" you are taking is doing what it's supposed to be doing. How much positive effects will it create depends on the user's genetics, and many other things.

-Gear

supersteve Guest
    Yeah that's fair enough.
    If more sides are being experienced then obviously the levels of GH are higher though which would lead one to believe that all or most of the 4iu is getting used wouldn't it?
    I guess it mainly comes down to whether or not a more constant level of gh is better for growth or if one high peak is.

It would be very hard to answer how much GH is being used. It depends on the individual.

-Gear

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    This may be a little off topic but it may be worth a thought. Based on group studies where 2 different dosing strategies were used... One group 5/2 off and the second group 1/1off 1/1off showed that the natural production of GH was more rapidly/abundantly engaged post cycling when dosing every other day rather than 5/2 like in group one. This may lead you to believe or somehow correlate, that injecting twice a day rather than one can possibly be better while in use(gains) but not more beneficial post cycling regardless of how your weekly dosages may differ. What I conclude is more separation/time in between dosages can lead to a more normal consistance/simulation of our own production. My 2 cents...

Thread Information