j.r.w. is offline Associate Member

Question Slin measurement???

I am going to start my first cycle of slin and have a question on the measurement. Im taking currently taking growth and I know that 1 iu = 10 units on the syringe. Is it the same for slin? If I want to take 4 iu's, would it read 40 ticks on the needle or just 4 ticks? I am using slin pins (29ga X 1/2", 1/2ml).

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

1 tick = 1 unit

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by j.r.w.
    I am going to start my first cycle of slin and have a question on the measurement. Im taking currently taking growth and I know that 1 iu = 10 units on the syringe. Is it the same for slin? If I want to take 4 iu's, would it read 40 ticks on the needle or just 4 ticks? I am using slin pins (29ga X 1/2", 1/2ml).
    up to the 40 mark, your 1/2ml should stop at 50 so go to the 40 mark for 4ius

Thats two different answers. Who's right?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    im looking at humalog right now. 100U/ml

jwillfcsl is offline Associate Member
    it only makes sense that for the broad use of a drug like insulin that an iu of insulin would be one iu in the syringe, gh must be reconstituted and is not marketed in the easiest way unlike insulin (i mean seriously, if gh catches on, it will not have to come in powder and in big kits, eventually it will come ready to go like insulin).

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    if you fill a 1/2cc pin up to the 40 tick mark thats almost a half cc of slin....can you say coma??

it depends on the measurement of the pin but usually its 1 tick = 1 IU but on some pins 1 tick = 2 IU...you should be able to tell

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    if you fill a 1/2cc pin up to the 40 tick mark thats almost a half cc of slin....can you say coma??

it depends on the measurement of the pin but usually its 1 tick = 1 IU but on some pins 1 tick = 2 IU...you should be able to tell
    I use humulin-R and I use a 100 unit slin pin, my shots are filling up that 100unit pin all the way to 100units for 10 ius that also works out to be 1cc... according to ur measurement then I must be taking 200ius a day because I do 2 shots a day. why am I not dead or in a coma yet oh sh!t, how could I be so stupid. thi sis how people kill themselves.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I use humulin-R and I use a 100 unit slin pin, my shots are filling up that 100unit pin all the way to 100units for 10 ius that also works out to be 1cc... according to ur measurement then I must be taking 200ius a day because I do 2 shots a day. why am I not dead or in a coma yet oh sh!t, how could I be so stupid. thi sis how people kill themselves.
    Bro, I can't believe your not dead. On a 100iu slin pin 10 is 10iu's. Each tick is 2iu's. On a 50iu slin pin each tick is 1. Gh is measured completely different.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Be carefull with the measurements people. Not worth the risk.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Bro, I can't believe your not dead. On a 100iu slin pin 10 is 10iu's. Each tick is 2iu's. On a 50iu slin pin each tick is 1. Gh is measured completely different.
    Yep I F_CKED up big time , glad you guys caught me. thats why I'm here, to read and read and learn. thanx guys.

I appreciate you trying to help, I'm sure you weren't trying to hurt me....but for future references- make sure you know damn sure what youre talking about before giving advice (especially with something this serious). Your mistake could have killed me if I hadnt have done extensive research after getting conflicting answers. And Im sure you wouldnt want to live on knowing your advice killed someone (not that you would have known in this case probably). This should be a learning lesson to many.... dont just take just one persons advice on something....compare MANY answers and research, research, research before making a serious decision. I know I learned this.

Peace,
    jrw

Thread Information