IRON1977 is offline Junior Member

newbie insulin questions

i got some insulin recently.

i' m not relly hot to take the stuff at the same level as testo ....

but i have a question.Is it possible to take insulin the last 3 days before a bb competition(2-4 units the 3 last days) when i'm carb laoding.can i store more glycogen then usual without a bloated body and look bigger and leaner

thanks

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    if its your first run with insulin then i would'nt recomend it to try it so close to a show,this because you must learn to how your body react to it.what if you take to much carbs,you will bloath,or if you take to less then maybe you will never entry a show at all again. be carefull with it.if you wanna try it then wait untill your bulking so you can get enough carbs and read up in the mean time.

good luck with your show

-rodge

my show is in 4 months, 2 months bulking and 2 months cutting.
    i think i begin with 2-3 units per day only in my bulk cycle .i really be careful with the stuff.
    Must i continue on my cut cycle ?
    what are you thinking about the carb loading 3 days before the show.if i'm not bloating are think i look fuller than usual with insulin .

you can get away with 2 months cutting for a show,lucky bastard.

in the bulk start of ot 4iu and work up to 10iu max.
    as for the carb loading i've personally never done it for a show cause i'm afraid i mess up but maybe next time i'm gonna giv it a try.a friend of my did it and he loved it.

-rodge

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would never take insulin before a show, especially if your only a few days out. Once you are only a few days out from a show, you look for things that will inhance your image within those few days before you compete (eg: water/food cut off).

Also, it's unlikely that you will get any visual effects from insulin just by using it for 2 - 3 days. Some use it for 4 weeks ON/OFF and still complain that they get no results. It's actually pretty hard to see major visual results from slin use because all insulin does is push nutrients into cells. Doing this for 2 - 3 days will not change your image at all, that is what I belive anyway.

-Gear

gear i see what you mean but a friend of my did it after he carb depleted to load up on carbs. he really loved it and i must say he did looked the best he's ever been.

-rodge

Hi rodge,

Many people carb load and like it. But the questions is, how much more effective is carbloading + insulin than carbloading alone (visually wise)? I suppose you never really know. Perhaps your friend would have looked just as good if he didn't use slin, perhaps not? Once again, you never know.

And as I said above, the reason why I think slin before a contest isn't a grat idea is 1) fat storage chances are higher, and 2) does your image change "that much" that it's worth adding slin to carbloading? It's just hard to believe that slin can make visual effects change by so much within such little time, and considering chances of fat storage are higher when slin is in the picture, I would choose not not to use slin before a contest. But everybody is different, and everyone has a different view towards things, and based on all the research I have done, this is just my point of view when it comes to insulin time. I know many that use slin before a contest, and if it works well for them, good on them.

Hope all is well.

-Gear

hi gear,

i see your point and thats why i personally have doubt about it cause i would'nt wanna ruin my contest prep by using something i have never done before.maybe i'm gonna try it some time when i'm gonna diet down but not for a show just to try it out.although i doubt if i can get my BF% as low without the pressure of a upcoming contest.

and i agree with you if it does make a noticable difference but my friend did look better then usually.i disagree with the fact about fat storage so close for a show,if you got a really low BF% then you can't get noticebly fatter from such a short time.carb loading is much more dangerous for your shape then fat cause to many carbs and your gonna hold water but to many fat does nothing and i know this from experience cause i tried loading up on whole egs and whipped cream.and although i was'nt as full as when i loaded carbs i never been harder.

-rodge

hi rodge and gear
    I HOPE YOU'RE FINE?
    WHEN I SPEAK TO USE SLIN FOR A CONTEST I TALK ONLY ABOUT THE LAST 3 DAYS.IN MY OPINION YOU CAN'T TAKE FAT IN ONLY 3 DAYS EXPECIALLY WHEN YOU CARB DEPLETED 4 DAYS BEFORE.THAT S THE TRUE !!
    WHAT WE KNOW IS THAT IF SOMEONE TAKES SLIN YOU CAN STORAGE
    MORE NUTRIEMENTS IN THE MUSCLE(CARBS,PROT ...)
    WE KNOW THAT WE CAN HAVE DRAMATICALLY CHANGES IN OUR LOOK
    IN 3 DAYS (VERY HARD OR FLAT).THE REALLY QUESTIONS IS THAT IF YOU TAKE SLIN CAN YOU LOOK BIGGER BECAUSE YOU STORAGE MORE GLYC THAN USUAL BECAUSE WITHOUT SLIN IF WE HAVE THE SAME APPROCH EAT VERY MUCH CARBS WE LOSE CONDITION AND LOSE CONDTION(HOLD WATER).
    IS THE BODY REACT SAME IN THE PROCESS FOR HOLDING WATER
    I HOPE YOU RE UNDERSTAND ME BECAUSE IM FRENCH.

as i said it can be done but i don't know if its worth it cause if its going get wrong then you def gonna ruin your shape and hold alot of water cause of the to much carbs.at the other hand to litle carbs can give serieus problems for your health when using slin.

i agree with you on that you can't get fat in just 3 days esp if you've dieted the right way.its the water i'm worried about.

-rodge

I think both positive (tighter/harder) and negative (fat/water gain) effects could hardly be majorly noticed within such little time of use (3 days).

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 07-03-2005 at 03:56 AM.

Thread Information