Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    tboney's Avatar
    tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,518

    insulin or metformin?

    I have been on gh for 2. mos and am considering taking metformin rather than insulin . I am just not experienced enough to play with insulin. It scares me. My question is: Is it worth it for me to use metformin? Will it help? How much should i take ? etc

  2. #2
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    why don't you just take 600mg R-ALA and 300mcg chromium piccolinaat.

    -rodge

  3. #3
    SexyKitty's Avatar
    SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Diet Hell!
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney
    I have been on gh for 2. mos and am considering taking metformin rather than insulin. I am just not experienced enough to play with insulin. It scares me. My question is: Is it worth it for me to use metformin? Will it help? How much should i take ? etc
    90% of what metformin does is reduce glucose output from the liver. The other 10% is to reduce insulin resitance, but you dont really get that much insulin sensitization from it (you need a TZD for that). If you're trying to shuttle nutrients into the cells (e.g. amino acids) then metformin will not do this.

  4. #4
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    he prob is willing to use it to lower his bloodsugar instead of shutlle nutrients as hgh makes you less insulin sensetive.

    -rodge

  5. #5
    SexyKitty's Avatar
    SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Diet Hell!
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    he prob is willing to use it to lower his bloodsugar instead of shutlle nutrients as hgh makes you less insulin sensetive.

    -rodge
    hmmm....I didnt know that about hgh. If the idea is then to increase insulin sensitivity then I think a tzd (actos or avandia) would be a better choice as they reduce insulin resistance and preserve beta cells in the pancreas.

  6. #6
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Avandia is better then metfromin

    JohnnyB

  7. #7
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    hmmm....I didnt know that about hgh. If the idea is then to increase insulin sensitivity then I think a tzd (actos or avandia) would be a better choice as they reduce insulin resistance and preserve beta cells in the pancreas.
    ok thanks kitty, thats new to me.def gonna try it sometime soon.

    -rodge

  8. #8
    tboney's Avatar
    tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,518
    Thanks for all the advice. I will go with Avandia!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •