Jerzey is offline Member

GH: Injection time/split injections

I started EOD at 1 IU the first week, went to 2 IU's the second and recently tried ED instead of EOD.. I have noticed a major difference in just a few days of ED with water, so I'm going to stick with EOD.. I'm taking Tarataxtone to keep it under control.

If I stay with EOD should I up the IU's to 3 or 4? (Note, I have no sides after one month on 2 a day)

Also, I was injecting before bed because I didn't want it to make me tired during the day, recently I tried 1 IU when I wake up and 1 IU at 3:30 before I go to the gym. Should I keep splitting them or can I go back to once a day?

If once a day, is night ok? I hear such a different view on this that it's starting to really confuse me. I know some people say at night messes with your own GH but you can also see it as when your body normally produces the GH, would that be a good time to do it? Plus, I won't be tired and it's on needle, not 2.

I'm up for all experiences and opinions from any who has done GH or has a decent amout of knowledge on the hormone. Thanks!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Try using 1iu eod for 3-4 weeks, then go to ed, then when you go to 2iu do the same, see if that helps. Women are different so I try to give you the best thoughts I have on this for your situation. With men you would start at 2iu for 3-4 weeks then add an iu to the mix evry 3-4 week until you reach the desired dose. I'm going to assume you are using chinese hgh, since you're getting water retention. You may want to spend the extra cash to get some American made HGH.

JohnnyB

Jerzey is offline Member
    Thanks Johnny, but what do you think about the injection time? Does it really matter morning or night and should I split the 2 IU's up?

Yes, chinese is correct. On EOD I'm fine, it's when I went to ED. I've been on over a month now, I just tried ED this week and went back to EOD today (off)..

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Jerzey, I started out taking one shot at night 2 iu. Then after reading everything that I'm sure you did I switched to 1 iu in the morning and 1 iu in the afternoon ed 5/2. I got over the tiredness after about a week but after the switch I got really bad bloat. It wasn't a problem with the night injections but just got unbearable with the 2 shots a day. I just went back to one shot at night 3 days ago and I'm hoping that the bloat goes away.

I'll let you know if the bloat goes away after a week or two.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Keep me updated, I just started splitting the 2 IU's up this week, it's ok, I'm just tired...

Some poeple say night is better because that's when you produce GH naturally, others say that you don't use as much of it because of your natural GH production.

I'm going to stick with EOD because there's a huge difference (bloat wise) with me... Tarataxtone really helps with the bloat by the way and it's OTC.

I'm going to try to spend some time this weekend researching this more in depth.. different people and different profiles I've read have very different views...

My ex bf use to take it at night, right before bed, and he got incredibly lean with it...

GirlyGirl is offline Female Member
    My experience-
    Also significantly less bloat on EOD. I've been at 2 iu EOD for almost 4 months and that's where I'm staying. I plan on long term use and don't feel the need to go any higher. I take mine at night-also after reading many conflicting opinions and usage-this is what seems to work for me. Tarax didn't seem to help my bloat-glad it helped yours!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I believe if you do HGH in the day you should do a before bed shot, because the release time of the IGF-1 can be up to 20 hours, so if you get the IGf-1 release 2 hours before bed or and hour after you fall asleep the negative feedback would stop your natural HGH release.

JohnnyB

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Ok Johnny you confused me. You said that if you take a shot before bed the IGF-1 release will will cause the negative feedback loop to shut down your natural GH protection. Isn't this the argument for NOT taking the shot before bed.

I'm with Jerzey here on being confused about the time. Was that a typo or am I just to dense to follow the logic. Please explain because now I'm even more confused.

Thanks for your time.

supersteve Guest
    I think what he's trying to say is that if your splitting your doses up one of them should be before bed. Because if you take a shot in the morning the igf-1 release might not occur until that night and your natural GH pulse will be suppressed leaving you without GH at the time when your body was designed to use it. Taking the 2nd shot before bed ensures you have GH while you sleep.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Supersteve - I love your avatar :V:

Ok, this is where I'm confused, I was told to take it earlier so that I don't affect my natural GH at night... I may just go back to one injection right before bed... I'm going to have to spend some time researching this, hopefully this weekend, I need to find out why I should take it when and if taking it before bed actually is a waste as some say (because your natural GH is produced then and you will suppress that with injections at that time) or if it's better because that's when your natural GH is produced..

I have also been told to take it in the middle of the night but I can't bank on always waking up for it and also, waking up and setting up a pin really wakes me up so it breaks up the 6-7 hours of sleep I try to get..

Thanks for the input guys...

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    always shoot hgh before bed cause thats when your body needs it the most.plus when the hgh is converted in the liver to igf this wil also create a negative feedback loop.so its suppresive when there is hgh in your body and then when its converted to igf its still suppresive.untill igf levels drop then your body will produce hgh or mostlikely you will have allready your next shot.

-rodge

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    always shoot hgh before bed cause thats when your body needs it the most.plus when the hgh is converted in the liver to igf this wil also create a negative feedback loop.so its suppresive when there is hgh in your body and then when its converted to igf its still suppresive.untill igf levels drop then your body will produce hgh or mostlikely you will have allready your next shot.

-rodge
    So it should be one shot then before bed, right, not split shots? Does it matter when you eat your last meal? I try to wait 2 hours after I eat my last meal, but sometimes it's hard when I get home late from the gym.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    from what i read and learned trough self experimenting you don't need to split up under the 2.5iu but this all about males.i don't know if that aplys to women to,i gues it does. if you use some kind of glucose disposal agent like metformin or even r-ala/chromium picolinaat you can take your hgh with meals.

-rodge

Jerzey is offline Member
    Thanks Rodge!

smiler is offline Senior Member
    i also have been reading and reading. i cant find any proof that taking gh supresses your natural gh release. imo it dosent matter at all when you take it. it is not like testoseterone ( if you take it your body stops producing it ). i think your body will produce the same amount of gh regardless of if...when...how much you take, but i also can not prove that.

Jerzey is offline Member
    It's frustrating because I've been trying to do searches on exactly when to take it and why, whether or not to split it up, etc.. and I haven't found anything really substantial... I'm going to keep looking though.

I was doing fine once before bed so I'm going back to that and sticking with EOD for now, until I find something to show me different... EOD definitely works best for me and I've heard from other women that it helped them tremendously with water..

Jerzey is offline Member
    I was reading a few profiles over today (Hooker's and some info on the web) and I was really thinking about this while doing my hour of cardio

If your GH levels are going to be affected by taking the GH, they will, I haven't found any solid info. either way...

My thoughts are as follows, by taking the GH earlier in the day, you increase you chances of not affecting your own GH production at night, but your body still gets the GH. This may sound out there, but it makes sense if you can see what I'm saying. Until I hear some kind of solid medical information that it does or doesn't affect my own GH production (which, most of the time when you supplement your body with something it produces, you will suppress your own production of same), I would think taking a morning and early afternoon shot would help avoid reducing or suppressing your own GH production, as little as it may be, at night.

Please let me know what you think of this.. I'm going to try to spend some time researching it this weekend and see what I can find.. I may be completely wrong but either way, I have found no solid information either way...

Jerzey is offline Member
    Well, Hooker found this for me, I'm going back to night injections after all.. sounds like it works best that way and since there's not solid evidence either way, I'm going to stick with what I was doing...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...039&query_hl=7

My theory sounded good to me when I was thinking of it

supersteve Guest
    Glad you like my avatar

You must remember with the study you posted that they are referring to growth hormone deficient children who really have little if any endogenous production to blunt.

Your morning theory is sound. If you're only taking one shot per day it should be first thing in the morning. If you're splitting up your shots one of them should be at night just to ensure you have GH while you sleep.

I read a study a little while back where middle-aged women were producing ~1.3iu per day, which is still quite significant. Will try find it.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Thanks.. but if women still produce 1.3 IU's or even.. whatever.. wouldn't it be better not to inject when you produce your own.. to inject early a.m. and mid-day? I don't know, whatever you find, please post.. this is driving me nuts!!!!

Thanks for your input

supersteve Guest
    The theory is that the igf-1 release from the afternoon shot would blunt your night secretion (which is the most significant). If you're taking 2.5iu or less one morning shot would appear to mean the least chance of suppression.

Again though it's a very individual thing, perhaps trial and error is the best way? This study shows that not everyone is suppressed by exogenous hgh in the same way:

Body composition response to exogenous GH during training in highly conditioned adults.

Crist DM, Peake GT, Egan PA, Waters DL.

Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131.

The effects of biosynthetic methionyl-human growth hormone (met-hGH) on body composition and endogenous secretion of growth hormone (GH) and insulin -like growth factor I (IGF-I) were studied in eight well-trained exercising adults between 22 and 33 yr of age. By the use of double-blind procedures, met-hGH (2.67 mg/0.5 ml diluent, 3 days/wk) and bacteriostatic water (placebo, 0.5 ml, 3 days/wk) were administered in a repeated-measures design that counterbalanced treatment order. Duration of each treatment was 6 wk. Subjects trained with progressive resistance exercise throughout and were maintained on a high-protein diet monitored by extensive compositional analyses of daily dietary intake records. Hydrodensitometry revealed that met-hGH significantly decreased percent body fat (%fat) and increased fat-free weight (FFW) and FFW/fat weight (FW), whereas the placebo treatment did not change any of these measures. Changes in FFW/FW correlated with the relative dose of met-hGH but did not correlate with either the peak GH response to L-dopa/arginine stimulation or IGF-I levels obtained after treatment with placebo. There were no differences between treatments in the dietary intakes of total kilocalories, protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Mean IGF-I levels were elevated after treatment with met-hGH compared with postplacebo levels. After treatment with met-hGH, five of seven subjects had a suppressed GH response to stimulation from either L-dopa/arginine or submaximal exercise. We conclude that supraphysiological doses of met-hGH will alter body composition in exercising adults in a relative dose-dependent manner and that such treatment may suppress endogenous release of GH in some individuals.

Jerzey is offline Member
    You are awesome (don't care what anyone else says about you )

Seriously, thanks! I think I may just take one morning shot from now on to see how it goes. I'm better with EOD for water retention.

I really do think that taking it in the a.m., an hour before breakfast, has to be better then taking it when you produce your natural GH. I'll try it out and see how it goes, I have to get back into a steady routine and stop playing around with it, I just wanted to see how I did ED compared to EOD.. then I couldn't decide what time of day was best, to split it, etc...

Thanks again!

supersteve Guest
    thanks for the kind words. Am happy to help.

If going EOD gives you less bloat then go for it. Doing it EOD also means your natural pre-hgh levels will return much quicker when you come off cycle so you won't get a nasty rebound effect.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    thanks for the kind words. Am happy to help.

If going EOD gives you less bloat then go for it. Doing it EOD also means your natural pre-hgh levels will return much quicker when you come off cycle so you won't get a nasty rebound effect.

Even better

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I'm torn on this subject as well. I have always done AM injections at 3.6iu. I know 2 doctors that have taken Gh and they also recommend AM injections sub-q. Anything over 4iu split. They told me to not inject before bed b/c of natural GH production.

But when I heard Rodge say do it before bed it made me think. That's someone on this board that I always listen too. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGirl
    My experience-
    Also significantly less bloat on EOD. I've been at 2 iu EOD for almost 4 months and that's where I'm staying. I plan on long term use and don't feel the need to go any higher. I take mine at night-also after reading many conflicting opinions and usage-this is what seems to work for me. Tarax didn't seem to help my bloat-glad it helped yours!
    Thanks for the input, did you take it right before bed also so you were on an empty stomach, or close to it?

Yes, thank god for for tarataxtone, I can see some definition coming back

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    I'm torn on this subject as well. I have always done AM injections at 3.6iu. I know 2 doctors that have taken Gh and they also recommend AM injections sub-q. Anything over 4iu split. They told me to not inject before bed b/c of natural GH production.

But when I heard Rodge say do it before bed it made me think. That's someone on this board that I always listen too. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    I think it's what works best for you.. at this point..

There are so many theories..

Jerzey is offline Member
    I found a really good article on it tonight, I'll make a separate post.

Thread Information