Radio is offline New Member

IGF-1 LR3 in AA is worthless

I was told this by another a member of another board who is really in the know.

Muscles Research IGF-1 is worthless because they dissolve their IGF-1 in an acidic enviroment. IGF-1 is a polypeptide and all polypeptides are susecable to hydrolysis (cleavage of the peptide bonds = denaturing). Polypepides undergo hydroylsis when water. If youi put them in a acidic enviroment(ie. add acetic acid) it increases the rate of hydrolysis of the peptide bonds. This is the reason why another major supplier of IGF-1 divides thier 1mg into 10 seperate vials. Buying IGF-1 in Acidic acid is the same as throughing out your money. Ask any biochemist if s/he would store a polypeptide in an enviroment with a low pH and s/he would laugh.
    What Muscle research is doing is the equivalent of selling fake steriods .

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i am no biochemist but can you explain to me then why i am seeing excelent gains on MR igf after being stored in my fridge for all this time.

as far as i know from what i researched AA is the way to go.

-rodge

What kind of gains are you getting? actual muscle? and are you running it with AAS then how do you know it not them thats giving the gains. I mean for all i know you could be a shill getting paid to promote this stuff, I dunno but what do know it this whole IGF-1 subject is steapted in one huge stinking pile of BS! Im gonna try it my self but ill be using a igtropin kit.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Hey Radio. We can all tell Rodge is clueless when it comes to building muscle. I mean, hell, how the hell would he know if something new is working. He probably just started juicing, like, a week ago. If you believe this you're a (oops)

As being in my late 30's and juicing for too many years it's probably safe to say that Rodge knows how his body responds. Come on! I can tell just by carbing up how my body reacts. Tired of people always talking out of there pie hole saying everything is due to roids..Yeah. Choke on that buddy! dude, when you get to really know your body and how it responds, COME BACK AND POST...

I'm on MR's IGF and well, no, maybe it's the smuckers peanut butter, no, maybe the creatine. no, I'm clueless...I don't know what I'm talking about.

ok ok, I'll be nice. Too must Test in me..
    Last edited by Puffader; 07-26-2005 at 11:58 AM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio

Muscles Research IGF-1 is worthless because they dissolve their IGF-1 in an acidic enviroment. IGF-1 is a polypeptide and all polypeptides are susecable to hydrolysis (cleavage of the peptide bonds = denaturing). Polypepides undergo hydroylsis when water. If youi put them in a acidic enviroment(ie. add acetic acid) it increases the rate of hydrolysis of the peptide bonds. This is the reason why another major supplier of IGF-1 divides thier 1mg into 10 seperate vials. Buying IGF-1 in Acidic acid is the same as throughing out your money. Ask any biochemist if s/he would store a polypeptide in an enviroment with a low pH and s/he would laugh.
    What Muscle research is doing is the equivalent of selling fake steriods.
    Will it's obvious you haven't read GroPep's article on how to suspend LR3 IGF-1, here it is. Read #2

Description
    Long™R3IGF-I is a recombinant analog of human insulin -like
    growth factor-I (IGF-I) that has been specifically engineered
    for the enhancement of cell culture performance.
    Long™R3IGF-I is more biologically potent in vitro than either
    insulin or native IGF-I and has been documented to
    significantly increase recombinant protein production. It is
    ideal for both research and large-scale culture systems utilizing
    serum-free or low-level serum applications. Long™R3IGF-I is
    effective in any cell that contains type I IGF receptors, including
    most Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) lines, hybridomas and
    fibroblasts. Long™R3IGF-I is produced in a patented E. coli
    expression system without the use of animal-derived
    components.
    Precautions
    This product is for research/laboratory use. THIS PRODUCT
    IS NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR THERAPEUTIC USE.
    Storage

Long™R3IGF-I in lyophilized form should be stored at
    2 to 8 C and is stable for at least 3 years. Liquid solutions of
    Long™R3IGF-I (prepared as described below) can be stored
    at 2 to 8 C and are stable for at least 2 years.
    Preparation Instructions

1. Long™R3IGF-I is supplied lyophilized in an atmosphere of
    nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25 kPa). Remove the metal
    cap from the glass vial and introduce an air filled syringe
    through the septum to equalize the pressure.

2. Add sufficient 10 mM HCl or 100 mM acetic acid solution
    to the vial to achieve a peptide concentration of at least
    0.1 mg/mL. Concentrations of 1 mg/mL or more are
    recommended.

3. Mix the solution thoroughly to insure the peptide is
    completely dissolved.

4. Filtration of a Long™R3IGF-I solution or a culture medium
    after the addition of Long™R3IGF-I should be performed
    using a low protein-binding membrane such as
    Polyvinyl Idene Flouride (PVDF), Poly Ethylene Sulfite (PES)
    or Cellulose Acetate (CA).
    Methods for Use

Once Long™R3IGF-I has been reconstituted, it can then be
    added directly to cell culture medium. A titration of
    Long™R3IGF-I should be performed for each different
    application as the optimum concentration may vary depending
    upon the cell type used and other components present in the
    medium. The recommended final concentration range of
    Long™R3IGF-I is 10 to 50 µg/L (or ng/mL).

Because Long™R3IGF-I and insulin may compete for the same
    cell receptors, the effectiveness of Long™R3IGF-I will be
    masked if it is added in conjunction with commonly employed
    concentrations of insulin (1 to 10 mg/L). However, inclusion
    of physiological levels of insulin (5 to 10 µg/L) in cell culture
    medium containing the recommended levels of
    Long™R3IGF-I results in beneficial synergistic effects in certain
    applications.

So what you are saying is the manufacturer of LR3 IGF-1 doesn't know what they're talking about. I think we now know who doesn't know what they're talking about. So next time you want to say someone is selling bunk, you better have your facts straight or you will be banned from AR

JohnnyB

i hate it when poeple post these "eye-opening i'm right revelations". google up igf-1 and acetic acid and you'll find that igf-1 is constituted by many labs and medical communities and has proven effective.

MR isn't the only lab out there that uses AA in their Igf.

What kind of gains are you getting? actual muscle? and are you running it with AAS then how do you know it not them thats giving the gains. I mean for all i know you could be a shill getting paid to promote this stuff, I dunno but what do know it this whole IGF-1 subject is steapted in one huge stinking pile of BS! Im gonna try it my self but ill be using a igtropin kit.
    You do that, but M-R doesn't sell IGF-1 to start with, it's LR3 IGF-1.

JohnnyB

i have run 3 lr3 igf-1 cycles when i haven't juiced for a whole year cause my wife and i were trying to get pregnant.so i def could tell that the results i got were from the igf.

and i wish that there comes a day that somebody pays me to use igf and tell great things about it,that would safe me alot of money.

-rodge

j martini is offline Member

What Muscle research is doing is the equivalent of selling fake steriods.
    Now im suspicious this is your second thread in two days questioning LR3 IGF1, especially the reconstituted version.

You have accused people of having an invested interest in certain companies distributing IGF1 LR3. Maybe in fact you have a vested interest in Igtropin.

I have personally used MR'S igf1 and was pleased with the results.

I have no vested interest other than getting through all the BS and finding out the truth about IGF-1 LR3. I did not make the above comments myself i simply cut and pasted from another board because i want to know what you guys think about what he is saying. And the reason i said what i did to rodge is because he is in holland I think and according to almost every body iv spoken too Igf-1 lr3 would not survive the postage from the usa to their. It would be destroyed by misshandling ect even in AA. I have be warned never to buy the pre-mixed stuff and only ever consider the powder. form.

j martini is offline Member
    I have no vested interest other than getting through all the BS and finding out the truth about IGF-1 LR3. I did not make the above comments myself i simply cut and pasted from another board because i want to know what you guys think about what he is saying. And the reason i said what i did to rodge is because he is in holland I think and according to almost every body iv spoken too Igf-1 lr3 would not survive the postage from the usa to their. It would be destroyed by misshandling ect even in AA. I have be warned never to buy the pre-mixed stuff and only ever consider the powder. form.
    I think the post JohnnyB made answers your question about the reconstituted version.

Ok so which other brands are availble ? got links to their web sites or is this classed as asking for a source?

thanks redbaron for responding so quick and giving a clear answer.

-rodge

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Can you just feel the love in here!

You guys are way to friendly!

Ok, I'll shut up!

Ok so if i bought some IGF-1LR3 in lyophilized form from MR, does it come with AA and instruction on how to recon it? And once its in the the AA you store it in the fridge and it will be good for how long?

Next time you do that you need to give that person the credit for the post, the way you did it, you made it seem as though you were the writer of that post. You should of at asked if this info was right, but you made it a statement rather then a question.

JohnnyB

Ok so which other brands are availble ? got links to their web sites or is this classed as asking for a source?
    You have a lot to learn, read the rules asking for a source is againest the rules.

JohnnyB

MuscleResearch is offline Junior Member
    I have been through this before about 4 months back or so on anabolex. This is old news. I proved the original poster of this information completely wrong on two different forums.. He would never tell me the third one that it was posted on. But hey what do I know. Why listen to me right. Well then atleast listen to the people who created Long R3 IGF-I. Further up in the thread I see some have already posted the info on storage in AA by gropep. Obviously someone likes to just pop in from time to time to hurt business, must be another IGF guy, probably sells in BA : )

-MR

itsjinx is offline Associate Member
    if rodge is a newbie to anything bodybuilding related, then osama bin laden isn't a terrorist!!!

fred9 is offline Member
    its obvious hes a newbie just look his avatar..

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    a lot of ppl even doubt the existence of useful IGF...

jgg1221 is offline Member
    yeah muscle-research rules. dont bash them. theyre sh!t works and ill definitly buy it again.

dont make them sound like scammers when theyre not. we gotta keep the good ol boys in buisness...

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    a lot of ppl even doubt the existence of useful IGF...
    There's still a flat earth society too

JohnnyB

Thread Information