big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Measuring Insulin

Just for safety sakes I am double checking myself. I am about to start using Humalog PWO and I am familiar with everything needed to be done to get the most safely out of this potentially life ending practice. Since I have never used an insulin syringe for anything other than winny for small muscle. I have never had to fully understand how important the doses and their exact measurements in an insulin syringe have to be. So here we go. Again I will be using Humalog insulin and I have B-D, U-100, 1CC, Micro-Fine 28G x 1/2" insulin syringes. Since the numbers on the side are measured in UNITS (10,20,30 up to 100) with 4 lines between each printed set of numbers. I am thinking each line represents a measurement of 2IUs of Insulin. So if I were to start at 4IU's a day that would measure out to the second line from the The very first line of the syringe or the 3rd line total from the starting point of the measurements. I will max out at a total of 10IU's which should measure out the the 10 unit mark on the syringe. Is this correct? If not please correct me. I will save the questions on measuring IGF-1 (long3) in the same type of syringe for later just in case I get major flamings from this question. Remember the stupid questions are the ones not asked

Your U-100 pin has 4 tics between each increment of ten, so each tic is 2IUs. You'd use the 2nd tic from the base.....i.e. the third tic DOWN from the 10IU mark

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bro!

Jessyjack10 is offline Associate Member
    Omg! Thank God I did more search and read this thread cause I was palnning on using a bottle of humalog I just bought, and on the bottle it says there's 10 ml of liquid and 100iu/ml. But at first glance i was under the impression that there was 100 iu's in all the bottle therefor giving 10 iu's per ml , and giving me 10 times the desired dose. Although I was planning on double checking this before using it just to be sure, I was still shocked to see how my first observation could have been fatale.
    Last edited by Jessyjack10; 08-01-2005 at 08:48 PM.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I could be wrong but I don't think Humalog comes in different doses. As long as you stay at 10iu's you should be fine. My bottle says 100 iu per ml also.

Lion Heart is offline New Member
    I was curious what exactly does Insulin do? Is it strictly for size or will it help shred some body fat?

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Heart
    I was curious what exactly does Insulin do? Is it strictly for size or will it help shred some body fat?
    Slin just acts like a bus to help shuttle nutrients to the muscle more quickly. It can also make you fat as hell if you don't watch what you eat while it's active in your body. Even worse, it can kill you if you don't watch your blood sugar levels. Your also risking insulin dependency if it's used to long or in large doses.

Thread Information