Jerzey is offline Member

Muscle-Building Effects of HGH Dependent Upon Regular Dose

I've been doing a lot of research on HGH lately as I've been on since 6/19 and I've tried EOD/ED, one injection and split injections. I am taking one week off as I go on vacation and when I get back I have decided to go EOD with split injections, one a.m. and one at night OR just one at night, I'm not sure yet. If I stay at 2 IU's, I'll probably just do one at night. I held much more water on ED (still ED until I stop it on Monday). I recently posted another article that showed the best way to do it was one in the morning and one at night, sub-q. I believe that works best for me so I'm going to stick with it.

Here is the article:

Human growth hormone (HGH) has been used to treat the AIDS-related condition lipodystrophy because it encourages the body to increase its levels of lean tissue and helps reduce the build up of abdominal fat, which often occurs with the condition. While the hormone's abdominal fat-reducing properties are obviously beneficial as such fat is associated with increased risk of heart attack, there has been some concern that HGH may also encourage fat loss from the arms and legs.

However, results of a recent study conducted at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London, suggest that the effect HGH has on limb fat loss may not be as bad as was previously thought - in fact, there results suggests that HGH may even help to stabilize fat loss from these areas. For the study Dr G Moyle and his colleagues treated 12 HIV+ patients with a daily dose of 4mg of recombinant HGH for 12-weeks.The patients were then given a dose of HGH or a placebo, on alternate days, or just twice a week for another 12- weeks.

After the first 12-weeks of treatment tests revealed that abdominal fat levels had fallen significantly, however leg and arm fat levels remained stable. Furthermore, all patients reported improvements in facial and leg appearance. When the patients moved into the second, partial dose phase of the trial results showed that the benefits of the treatment quickly begin to wear off. Those who received a placebo saw their abdominal fat return, while lean muscle mass returned to baseline levels in both the placebo groups and those given HGH just twice weekly
    As well as suggesting that HGH does not promote limb fat loss but instead actually helps to stabilize it, the results also suggest that in order to sustain the muscle-building effects of the hormone it has to be taken at least once every other day.

SOURCE/REFERNCE: Moyle G et al. Growth hormone improves appearance and lean mass in lipoatrophic patients and these benefits are maintained with alternate day dosing. 42nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, San Diego, abstract H-1935, 2002

This is part of the one I posted early that supports the morning and night injection for 4 IU's and up: Now this site (all about HGH) supports the 6on/1off, however, I'm going to keep it long term (1-2 years) so I feel that EOD will give me the results I am looking for.

Since giving synthetic human growth hormone injections to adults is still considered new, the exact recommended dosages have not been determined. The amount of synthetic HGH used by Dr. Daniel Rudman in his 1990 study, 16.5 IU (international units) divided into 3 doses per week, is considered too much by many, due to the side effects seen.

The latest studies suggest that benefits can be obtained while lowering the risk for side effects by giving smaller, more frequent doses. Doses of 4-8 IU per week are divided into 2 doses per day for 6 days a week. Patients are taught to give themselves a subcutaneous injection upon arising in the morning and at bedtime. No injections are taken on the 7th day.
    Last edited by Jerzey; 08-03-2005 at 06:38 PM.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you've been posting some interesting reads lately,thanks for the effort.

-rodge

Jerzey is offline Member
    Thanks Rodge.

I have so many questions on HGH and how it works best for bodybuilders, fat loss, athletes in general, etc. I'm constantly searching the web to find new studies and/or articles to help me with my own cycle and figured that I'm sure they will help others too

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    If anything just use it for its "fountain of youth" qualities!! Jeez can I get to 30 years old already so I can run some damn HGH!!!

Thread Information