Nyquil is offline New Member

BEST time of day to take HGH

I've searched and read some conflicting views. I currently take 2 iu per day somatropin. I inject in the abdomen in the morning.

Thoughts?

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I have many conflicting answers to that question also. I am planning on starting 2.5 ius per day next week. This will be my first time and I am planning on injecting in the stomache in the morning. Not that my story will answer your question but just my 2cents.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Personally I alwayd injected in the morning. Thats the way it's prescribed and the way I've always been taught

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Let me add to the controversy. Once you inject HGH it can take up to 20 hours to release IGF-1 from the liver. Once that happens you'll have a window of negative feedback, which will stop the release of HGH. So short of doing blood work before bed, you don't know when the IGF-1 is released or if you're in that negitive feedback window, before bed. So your A.M. injection could stop your REM sleep release of HGH.

So my recomendation is if you're spending the money for HGH, to make sure you have HGH while you're in REM sleep, do an injection before bed, and of course an A.M. injection as well

JohnnyB

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I inject early when I get up around 6 and then again right before bed. It really helps you sleep like a log but the dreams it gives you are soooo vivid.

Bluerain is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I inject early when I get up around 6 and then again right before bed. It really helps you sleep like a log but the dreams it gives you are soooo vivid.
    Geeezz,, I don't dream at all on HGH : (

Did you start to dream right away?

Blue

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerain

Blue
    From what I've been told, it happens more at higher doses. Two guys I know had vivid dreams, one woman said she had nightmares at high doses... Hasn't happened to me either

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I have been following Jerzey's research closely on this topic and have the same questions. I was taking an a.m. shot and an afternoon shot. For some reason this gave me really bad bloat. I went back to taking one shot before bed but I'm thinking of trying the morning/night schedule next month and seeing how that goes.

I also get the very vivid dreams. And what is creepy to me is that I remember them. There so vivid that sometimes a couple of days later I will wonder if it really happened or if it was part of a dream.

Blue, as best I can remember that started right away.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Let me add to the controversy. Once you inject HGH it can take up to 20 hours to release IGF-1 from the liver. Once that happens you'll have a window of negative feedback, which will stop the release of HGH. So short of doing blood work before bed, you don't know when the IGF-1 is released or if you're in that negitive feedback window, before bed. So your A.M. injection could stop your REM sleep release of HGH.

So my recomendation is if you're spending the money for HGH, to make sure you have HGH while you're in REM sleep, do an injection before bed, and of course an A.M. injection as well

JohnnyB
    i agree a 100% on this one.

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerain

Blue
    I don't remember when they started but when I'm not on IGF I raise my GH dose to 4iu's a day, hence the bedtime shot. That's when the dreams start. The ones about sex are great. Others have me waking up in a could sweat and out of breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal Me In
    I have been following Jerzey's research closely on this topic and have the same questions. I was taking an a.m. shot and an afternoon shot. For some reason this gave me really bad bloat. I went back to taking one shot before bed but I'm thinking of trying the morning/night schedule next month and seeing how that goes.

I also get the very vivid dreams. And what is creepy to me is that I remember them. There so vivid that sometimes a couple of days later I will wonder if it really happened or if it was part of a dream.

I wonder if the extra bloat means that the GH is working better. The dreams would indicate a deeper REM sleep I would think and that's always good.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal Me In

I was really bloated with the two shots ED too.. I just went back to nights again because of it and it is much better...

I leave for vacation monday and will be off a week, when I return I'm going to try EOD again (to help with the bloat) and one a.m. injection and one right before bed... after all I've read I think that's the best way to go "long term".. I plan on running it at least 6mos-1year, hopefully 2. If I weren't going EOD I'd go 6 on 1 off, but the bloat is killing me.

This is my plan, unless, of course, I find something that convinces me otherwise I do have a whole bunch of articles I found that I want to try to read before I go, if I find anything good, I'll post it!

Nyquil is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB

JohnnyB
    So, since I'm only doing 2iu per day total would it make sense to do 1iu am and 1 iu pm?

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Nyquil, that is what I'm going to try next month. I'm only taking 2 IU's a day also. I tried the morning/afternoon and it didn't work for me so I went back to night's only. I'm going to try running morning/bedtime and see if I still get the really bad bloat.

I believe that the split shots is the way to go it's just a matter of whether or not my body can handle the bloat.

I'll try and keep you posted.

jucinator is offline Associate Member
    great read, nice to know mornin shoots and bed time shoots.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyquil
    So, since I'm only doing 2iu per day total would it make sense to do 1iu am and 1 iu pm?
    Yes or you might want to up it to 3iu, 1.5iu in the am and 1.5iu in the pm

JohnnyB

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I am going to switch now, thanks JB for the insight.

It's funny that I've never had a problem with bloating. But I've been running Arimidex for the last 3 months as part of my AAS cycle so maybe that's why.
    What is Nyquil supposed to do/
    My wife has water pills for that girlie time of the month. I've heard of guys using them to take off water.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    I am going to switch now, thanks JB for the insight.

I'm with you on that one. I'm 3 months into a 7 month cycle of GH. I've been doing 3.6iu every morning. Now I"m going to run 1.8iu twice a day.

Thanks!!!

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    It's funny that I've never had a problem with bloating. But I've been running Arimidex for the last 3 months as part of my AAS cycle so maybe that's why.
    What is Nyquil supposed to do/
    My wife has water pills for that girlie time of the month. I've heard of guys using them to take off water.
    My ex bf used Arimidex and had no problems either... I use tarataxtone but when I stop using them I get bloated again

QBERT is offline Junior Member

Johnny B/ Rodge

What if your using insulin with your GH? I take my slin immediatley PWO and then my second dose of GH within 10 minutes of. So should I just run slin and take second dose of GH before bed instead of PWO?

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by QBERT
    What if your using insulin with your GH? I take my slin immediatley PWO and then my second dose of GH within 10 minutes of. So should I just run slin and take second dose of GH before bed instead of PWO?
    no then your best of takin a dose of hgh close after slin shot.but still try to take a shot of hgh close to bedtime if thats possible.

-rodge

Thread Information