kamikaze is offline Junior Member

Becoming Insulin dependant

I have found that some say taking insulin for long period make us insulin dependent but some say it does not cause it at all (please see following article).
    I would like to know what you guys think regarding this matter, especially from exprienced user.
    I have been taking slin pre and post workout for 1 month and am getting good results so far. but I am afraid of becoming dependancy.

STATEMENT ABOUT PERMANENT INSULIN DEPENDANCE
    This potential side effect has been WAY too hyped by the anti-insulin propogandists. The idea of your own pancreas shutting down insulin production due to exogenous use is silly, and requires massive irresponsible use over extended time periods. Using myself as an example, I've been using insulin for 7 months straight. "WHAT?! Why did my pancreas not explode long ago?" You ask. For a simple reason: responsible use. I think that peoples fear of becoming dependant on insulin stems from minor knowledge about the testosterone feedback loop and AS cycles. Another part of this moronic recipe is peoples'ignorance about their own body and that brilliant bull**** anti-insulin propaganda. Quick lesson. Your body(beta cells of the pancreas)produces insulin in response to increased serum glucose levels, specific amino acids etc. As long as you don't shut this mechanism down from exogenous insulin use for long periods of time there should be no pr!oblems(unless you're ****ed to begin with). This means that you'd have to use insulin for 12 hours a day(3 perfectly spaced out shots)for over three months while insuring that you are not stimulating endogenous insulin production. Only a moron could do this which makes me wonder why it doesn't happen all the time). Another problem could arise if one uses an insulin shot every day at the same time for months on end. For example if one did a shot upon arising for many months, prior to eating. After a while the body would become conditioned(due to external/internal cues) to not produce insulin at that time. [note:I used morning insulin shots for 4 months without adverse effects] This situation could be easily remedied by tapering down the dosage of insulin over a period of weeks (although I hesitate to make the connection with AS). The bottom line is that using insulin before/after workouts for any length of time will not shut down the beta cells for long enough to cause this !problem. Remember that the beta cells are normally shut do!wn for at least 8 hours a day, while sleeping, and this happens for 80 years without adverse effect.

citric is offline New Member
    I was under the impression the issue was more with building up an insulin tolerance leading to diabetes. 20iu humalog is not what your bodies cells are expecting after a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by citric
    I was under the impression the issue was more with building up an insulin tolerance leading to diabetes. 20iu humalog is not what your bodies cells are expecting after a workout.

Thank you for the reply. So you mean that we can be insulin dependant if we keep taking insulin for long period of time?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze
    Thank you for the reply. So you mean that we can be insulin dependant if we keep taking insulin for long period of time?
    I developed insulin resistance. 2 months ago I could shoot slin PWO and never go hypo. Thats not a good sign. If that is let go and prolonged you could develop type II diabetes. I have an in depth explanation I will dig up somewhere if need be.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I developed insulin resistance. 2 months ago I could shoot slin PWO and never go hypo. Thats not a good sign. If that is let go and prolonged you could develop type II diabetes. I have an in depth explanation I will dig up somewhere if need be.
    Did you get your bloodwork after that? Are your insulin levels back to normal after PCT and being clean for a few months?

Has anybody became insulin dependant after prolonged use of slin?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Did you get your bloodwork after that? Are your insulin levels back to normal after PCT and being clean for a few months?
    I havent seen my blood test results from last week but the Dr said over the phone they are all within the parameters other than my cholesterol.

anybody?

bump!

Thread Information