Thread: Jaw and HGH ?

Bluerain is offline Female Member

Jaw and HGH ?

Listen ,I have braces on and not sure what to think with all this talk about jaw and teeth.

I'm only on since the 24th of July and up my dosage to 2 IU's a day...AM and late Night shot.

The last week it seems my teeth have moved faster then normal.. My upper back molars seem to be flaring outward and my bottom front teeth are showing spaces where gums meet between teeth.

I don't feel any pain or tightness .I'm not sure if it is the HGH that's making them move faster because jaw is getting bigger or what.

Would anyone know if there really is anything regarding mandibular (Lower jaw) really growing?

I read this ,I read that and alot of conflicting info regarding bone growth.

I was under the assumption that if growth plates are closed the bones can't grow or if you have Andre giant disease they would grow which I don't have..Thankgod!
    Thanks!

Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 08-06-2005 at 07:56 AM.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    awwww... this sounds serious... regardless of the outcome you could always marry me!!

bump guys!!!

Crazy cat ..lol

Blue

Well after reading much it seems it's the lower jaw can grow but only at high doses which I'm not doing.

I guess my teeth are happy to do what we want them to do : )

PS:The movement I mentioned is what we want but I thought it might be moving faster then normal. In orthrodontics fast movement followed by hardly any movement is very common so I feel a little better.

Don't want to end up looking like them guys in the Geico commercials..LOL
    Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 08-06-2005 at 08:00 AM.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    I felt a little lower jaw pain after about 2 months on GH but on IGF-1 I felt a little pain 2 days after first injection. Not sure whats going on but my jaw hasn't grow, just got a little sore towards the back where the wisdom teeth are.
    What? You don't want to be a cave-woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    I felt a little lower jaw pain after about 2 months on GH but on IGF-1 I felt a little pain 2 days after first injection. Not sure whats going on but my jaw hasn't grow, just got a little sore towards the back where the wisdom teeth are.
    What? You don't want to be a cave-woman?
    Only if you let me bop you in the head and drag you off to have my way..LOL

On a serious note...I hope it's not the HGH doing things to my jaw. I haven't told my ortho I'm doing it and don't intend to ...unless strange things happen with jaw.

Blue

PS:Your goodies come yet?

You're going to need a really big club snapper head. hmmmm. You'll probably feed me to a Tyrannosaurus....How far is it to NY from Boca Raton Florida?

Don't worry about your Jaw. You'll be fine..

No goodies yet, seems to be stuck up in china..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerain
    Only if you let me bop you in the head and drag you off to have my way..LOL

On a serious note...I hope it's not the HGH doing things to my jaw. I haven't told my ortho I'm doing it and don't intend to ...unless strange things happen with jaw.

Blue

PS:Your goodies come yet?

hardknuckle is offline New Member
    I just quiver thinking about jaw pain. Even worse is having to discontinue the gh and lingering 2 weeks until the orthodantist can see you.

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    I am an orthodontist so I'll try to help ease your fears. Mandibular (lower jaw) growth can continue after normal overall body growth has ended. However, it is typically in negligible amounts. While HGH could potentially increase this effect it is not likely to be of any concern.

The only time I would even be the least bit concerned is with a patient who already has a protrusive mandible (Class-III malocclusion) before starting on HGH. Even then I would not expect any detrimental effects unless the patient were under the age of 25.

The most common malocclusion is actually a Class-II malocclusion (retrusive lower jaw/ overbite). In these cases I would welcome any mandibular growth I could get from the patient! [Wait right there...I know what you're thinking...NO I WILL NOT write you a prescription for HGH if you have an overbite!!!!!!]

Hi Limpdin!!!!

Yes I have class II with deep bite (Not overjet) but not too deep.

The retrusive lower jaw is not that bad and not noticeable to other's but just enough for my top anterior teeth to overlap the bottom anterior teeth.

Which direction does the mandibular grow,, horizontal or vertical?

I'm thinking outward ( Horizontal ) correct?

I decided at this late stage in my life to get this fixed even tho no one really notices it but it bother's me.

Anyway..thanks so very much for replying

I hang out at this ortho board for adults and we always had 2 ortho's answer our question's but they had a fight and now only 1 ortho to answer questions

Here's the thread where they had the dispute and now one has left the board.

Here's the thread where patients are discussing the fall out.

Blue

Iam an orthodontist so I'll try to help ease your fears. Mandibular (lower jaw) growth can continue after normal overall body growth has ended. However, it is typically in negligible amounts. While HGH could potentially increase this effect it is not likely to be of any concern.

The only time I would even be the least bit concerned is with a patient who already has a protrusive mandible (Class-III malocclusion) before starting on HGH. Even then I would not expect any detrimental effects unless the patient were under the age of 25.

The most common malocclusion is actually a Class-II malocclusion (retrusive lower jaw/ overbite). In these cases I would welcome any mandibular growth I could get from the patient! [Wait right there...I know what you're thinking...NO I WILL NOT write you a prescription for HGH if you have an overbite!!!!!!] [/QUOTE]

You're going to need a really big club snapper head. hmmmm. You'll probably feed me to a Tyrannosaurus....How far is it to NY from Boca Raton Florida?

Don't worry about your Jaw. You'll be fine..

No goodies yet, seems to be stuck up in china..

Yes, Mine seem to be stuck in China and then BOOM!!! It was at JFK.

Only about 1 thousand miles from NYC to Florida..HEHEHHEHEHE

Blue

Limpdin

What other appliance is used other then reverse arch wire to open bite?

Thanks again!

Blue

You're right! It went from China to JFK to Florida in 1 day.. LOL. Should be here tomorrow! Bout time..I'm shrinking!!! No, not really. ha!

1000 miles! You better be smoking hot! I'll PM you my address where you can send the plane ticket!

Yes, Mine seem to be stuck in China and then BOOM!!! It was at JFK.

Only about 1 thousand miles from NYC to Florida..HEHEHHEHEHE

Blue

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    Which direction does the mandibular grow,, horizontal or vertical?
    Actually the mandible grows in both a horizontal (forward) and vertical (downward) direction. However, most of the growth is horizontal (forward).

I hang out at this ortho board for adults and we always had 2 ortho's answer our question's but they had a fight and now only 1 ortho to answer questions
    It's a shame when that kind of thing happens, but unfortunately it's not that uncommon. Dr. Randall is right, there are a lot of G.P.'s out there doing orthodontic treatment with very little training. They are literally practicing on their patient's. Many of whom don't even know their dentist is not an orthodontist.

What other appliance is used other then reverse arch wire to open bite?
    There are several other appliances, but the reverse curve archwire is the most common and one of the most "patient friendly" . Other options are segmental archwires/intrusion arches, bite splints, headgear, even surgery. The reverse curve archwire resolves deep bites in most cases. However, in extreme cases one or more of the other methods are occasionally used in addition to reverse curve archwires.

Hope this helps, Blue!
    limpdin

[QUOTE=Puffader]You're right! It went from China to JFK to Florida in 1 day.. LOL."

HAHAHAHAHA You know what I meant silly!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "1000 miles! You better be smoking hot! I'll PM you my address where you can send the plane ticket! [ "

Well over 18 LOL!! I have a GOOD Man ..let's see if that changes when he finds out I do HGH and VAR

Blue

---------
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdin
    Actually the mandible grows in both a horizontal (forward) and vertical (downward) direction. However, most of the growth is horizontal (forward).

Good, any forward movement would be great!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

It's a shame when that kind of thing happens, but unfortunately it's not that uncommon. Dr. Randall is right, there are a lot of G.P.'s out there doing orthodontic treatment with very little training. They are literally practicing on their patient's. Many of whom don't even know their dentist is not an orthodontist.

Yes I'm aware of that and it's true about GP doing ortho work but Dr. Randall always seem to pick on him about anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    There are several other appliances, but the reverse curve archwire is the most common and one of the most "patient friendly" . Other options are segmental archwires/intrusion arches, bite splints, headgear, even surgery. The reverse curve archwire resolves deep bites in most cases. However, in extreme cases one or more of the other methods are occasionally used in addition to reverse curve archwires.

Well I don't need surgery as it's not bad at all and I don't think I'll be walking around with headgear

Right now I have 3 segments on the bottom..front six wired and both sides wired .

On top just the 2 sides are wired from premolars to molars.

I have powerchains and elastics on

Thanks so much Dr. Limpdin!!!

PS:Now i need to find out what a intrusion arch looks like.

Hope this helps, Blue!
    limpdin

I don't see any rings on your fingers..

I'm sure he's a great guy but why would you want a poodle when you can have a rottweiler?

There's nothing but love in here Blue...

Question is; if it came down to it, who would you kick to the curb, the juice/GH or him?

Well over 18 LOL!! I have a GOOD Man ..let's see if that changes when he finds out I do HGH and VAR

Blue

I don't see any rings on your fingers..

I'm sure he's a great guy but why would you want a poodle when you can have a rottweiler?

There's nothing but love in here Blue...

Question is; if it came down to it, who would you kick to the curb, the juice/GH or him?

That's something I hope I don't have to face!

It would be sad if he insisted I stop and my reply would be even sadder .

Blue

Thread Information