Carth is offline Associate Member

GH users....does it really make a difference?

I keep reading that your daily GH dose should be divided into 2 shots. First one being before or after training. And the other before bed. But many Doctors including my own Endo doctor has told me that it really doesnt matter when you inject the GH.

That all GH does is send a signal to the liver to produce IGF-1. I myself am on GH HRT. So I take 1.8ius per day. And this brings my IGF-1 levels to 440. The range being between 118-492.

I have taken my 1.8ius ED before I go to bed. And I have taken the GH split into 2 doses. I have taken .9ius before my 5am training session. And another .9ius an hour before bed.

I have done both methods for months. And everytime I get bloodwork done, my IGF-1 levels come out to 440.

So if thats the case. Then why do I keep hearing and reading that I should split my dose into 2? From the looks of it...seems like the docs are right! It really doesn't matter at all!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Try doing morning only, then get blood work done, if they stay the same then it doesn't

JohnnyB

supersteve Guest
    Gh does more than just signal the release of igf-1. There are 7 growth factors not just 1. GH itself also binds to certain sites, meaning it has effects which are indepedent of igf-1.

With regards to dosage splitting, it could be because you're taking < than 2iu. When people start getting above that dosage it is apparently better to split because the liver can only utilise 2iu at once.

Your probably right about time of day though, igf-1 levels would be the same regardless of when you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Try doing morning only, then get blood work done, if they stay the same then it doesn't

JohnnyB

Oh yeah! I have done that too. And still I still come out with the same IGF-1 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    Gh does more than just signal the release of igf-1. There are 7 growth factors not just 1. GH itself also binds to certain sites, meaning it has effects which are indepedent of igf-1.

With regards to dosage splitting, it could be because you're taking < than 2iu. When people start getting above that dosage it is apparently better to split because the liver can only utilise 2iu at once.

Your probably right about time of day though, igf-1 levels would be the same regardless of when you shoot.

So what you're saying is that for my case. I should just inject the full 1.8ius once per day???

But when I go say double that or just to say...4ius per day. That I should really do 2ius in the morning and then the other 2ius later at night????

znak is offline Senior Member
    If you are doing only 1.8 iu, there is no need to split it. (This is the exact dose I use).

Splitting is recommended when you are going above 4iu ed.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    If you are doing only 1.8 iu, there is no need to split it. (This is the exact dose I use).

Splitting is recommended when you are going above 4iu ed.
    So take it before I go to bed? Or take it when I wake up 5am to go to the gym???

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    So take it before I go to bed? Or take it when I wake up 5am to go to the gym???
    I take it in the AM (6am).

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    in the morning!

Yeah guys but remember. I myself am GH deficient. I do NOT produce any GH at all!!!
    And don't us human beings produce GH naturally when we go to sleep???? So wouldn't it make sense in my case to take it before going to bed?

Thread Information