anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member

insulin for under 21?

yeah as above i'm not 21 yet so AAS is outta considerations. but what bout slin which acts as a nutrient transporter? yes of course i've read up a bit on slin.. and will continue researching before i even order my first dose.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I would not recommend it, too dangerous.

Work on your Diet, Training, and sleep patterns. You will be fine without the use of anything for atleast a few more years.

jb55638 is offline New Member

Humalog

Any one know where to find Humalog??
    [email protected]

thanks,
    JB

Just go to the pharmacy and get Humalin-R. 20 bucks or so.

hmm you would not recommend it based on my age? or based on the fact that it's dangerous for anyone? i'm not too sure myself. but i got term break coming up and that's when i'm in TOTAL control of my environment and therefore i can use insulin then. in the mean time i can research on slin more.

How long have you been training? Have you done any cycles? Why insulin ? These are all important questions.. Your not even 21 yet. You have plenty of time to fool around with slin, I suggested that you wait because I don't think it is worth the risks compared to the benefits, especially under 21. Just giving you my opinion, if you decide to go with slin. Be careful and do your homework.

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    But a 20 yr old makes plenty of insulin ...no need for it. And with insulin, you don't get massive gains or anything...just a nutrients shuttler.

i have trained for a year before taking half a year break. then i started again. took me 4-6 months to get my diet checked. after 6 months of COMPLETE junking, takes a while to get back. and from there i have got my diet in check for a year up till now. that is why i've decided to head back into these forums for research after spending all of my time in the diet forums for the last year and a half. choice for insulin is that it does not down regulate HPTA therefore it is my only consideration.

slic, so ya saying that slin does nothing for me? at all? what if i use a smaller dose since i should have plenty of insulin? i'm not sure on this yet, i'm gonna get a blood glucose monitor soon. then i'll decide if i'll do it. still reading up and getting opinions/

Titan1 is offline Member
    i´ve used slin and to tell you the truth its not worth it if you compare gains vs risks its not worth it at all

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slic4788
    But a 20 yr old makes plenty of insulin....

???????????

and so do 50 year olds. The reason for insulin usage is not the same as testosterone usage. It has to do with insulin sensitivity, the ability for the receptors to accept the insulin, not the level of the hormone.Synthetic insulins work better than your own and are accepted at the receptor better .In fact, 50 year olds have generally higher insulin levels than 20 year olds. But this is becuase the insulin sensitivity is so low that the pancrease has to spew out more to get the job done. This is why people get fatter as they get older because insulin is lipogenic.
    One other danger with insulin, aside from hypoglycemia and death, is that once your body has had a taste of the synthetic insulin it may prefer that over your own and decrease your ability to handle your own insulin, essentailly making you a diabetic. Then you'll HAVE to take insulin. Sucks.
    However, short periods of insulin usage may not do this, but we just dont know enough yet.
    Always use a short acting insulin if you can. Its easier to control. And i would just save it for post workout. I thought about usin it too. But theres more questions than answers at this point. Im sure i could pull it off without going hypo, but as far as the downregulation to my own insulin...i dunno.

yeah my worries are similar to anabolicboy1981's.. i'm more worried bout down regulation as i'll make sure i have extra dextrose. gonna bring 100g more dex just in case.. i'll do more homework around here first..

Quote Originally Posted by Titan1
    i´ve used slin and to tell you the truth its not worth it if you compare gains vs risks its not worth it at all
    but what if we are prepared for cases of hypo happening? so far the things to worry about from what i've read is going hypo, becoming resistant and becoming diabetic..

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Im sure your not prepared you have to be very careful with insulin

anabolic , do you even know how to train and diet properly? If so there should be no reason for you to not be making consistent gains at your age. Think about what your doing, slin is not worth the risks for amateurs.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    A little bit too much insulin or not enough nutriets to fight hypo creates a danger zone for anyone at any age.

-Gear

i am making consistent gains.. don't get me wrong, i'm not turning to slin for a "get big quick cause i'm not gaining" thing.. i'm t urning to slin as an enhancement to my diet..

Gear: would you agree with the 1IU per 20pounds of bodyweight guideline then?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    i am making consistent gains.. don't get me wrong, i'm not turning to slin for a "get big quick cause i'm not gaining" thing.. i'm t urning to slin as an enhancement to my diet..

Though I am not gear....... its about right... but I wouldnt exceed 10ius.
    Have you read the sticky above good info there

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    No matter if you are 200LB or 300LB, 10IU - 15IU is plenty. So IMO, that dose is plenty for most.

-Gear

but if i'm not 200lbs ripped then would it be safe to err on the lower side by using maybe 8-9 IUs instead? despite my wish to use slin i do wish to use it safely..

Sparkle: thanks for the response anyhow.. yeah i'm asking you questions in the sticky itself lmao. i just didn't wanna hijack the thread so i created a separate one.

Looks like you've done your research and are pretty set. Start with 5iu just to get the feel and go up 1iu/shot up to 10. This way you have a feel for what you dosage is. Weight is not always a factor with insulin , I've seen a 250lb guy go hypo with only 8iu because his carb intake was not up. Good luck.

yup i hope i am. now to get the BG monitor to see if i'm safe for insulin before getting my humalog. thanks for the input guys! will keep reading in the meantime.

Thread Information