bigdogc is offline Associate Member

should we really be afraid of igf?

hello, ive recently been reading a lot about igf-lr3. anyway, correct me im wrong, but doesnt lr3 NOT convert to igf-II meaning you dont get GH-gut/deformed face? if so, what are other reasons people wouldnt want to use it? hypo? anyway, i ask this because it seems like such a smarter idea to do IGF than say GH+test. what are the downsides so such a great drug?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    My biggest concern is that I could possibly have cancer cells that are undected.IGF,HGH and anabolics can speed up the process.But this is the price you pay,and I'm well aware of the risks involved.So be it,let it be done.

~Pinnacle~

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    My biggest concern is that I could possibly have cancer cells that are undected.IGF,HGH and anabolics can speed up the process.But this is the price you pay,and I'm well aware of the risks involved.So be it,let it be done.

~Pinnacle~
    More with growth factors rather than anabolics though....

Yeah, Pinnacle is right. GH and IGF induces cell division which is good for new muscle tissue but bad for cancer cells. It can actually speed up the reproduction of cancer cells. That would only be of concern if you have cancer cells in your body already. The most common is skin cancer, melanoma. I would have your skin looked at by a dermatologist for safety sake before starting growth factors. That's my best advice. Colon cancer ranks high up there too.

cubanojoe is offline Junior Member
    Everyone has cancer cells in there body, but if they start dividing instead of dying off is another question.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Roidgut from LR3 IGF1, IGF 1, IGF 2.

Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 266: G1090-G1098
    Prolonged administration of IGF peptides enhances growth of gastrointestinal tissues in normal rats

C. B. Steeb, J. F. Trahair, F. M. Tomas and L. C. Read
    Cooperative Research Center for Tissue Growth and Repair, North Adelaide, South Australia.

To investigate the effect of insulin -like growth factor (IGF) peptide infusion on the gastrointestinal tract, female rats (115 g, 6/group) were treated for 14 days with IGF-I or long R (LR3IGF-I; 0, 44, 111, or 278 micrograms/day) delivered by osmotic minipumps. Both peptides induced a dose-dependent increase in gastrointestinal tissue weight. Total gut weight, small intestinal weight, and small intestinal length increased by 43, 47, and 13%, respectively, after treatment with 278 micrograms/day of LR3IGF-I. Crypt depth and villus height increased after peptide treatment with an associated increased crypt cell population (+33%), cells per villus column (+34%), and villus cell density (+20%). Proportional increments in proliferating cell nuclear antigen labeling and an unaltered crypt growth fraction indicated that the balance between the proliferative and maturation compartment of the crypt was maintained. Fecal nitrogen excretion was significantly reduced in rats treated with LR3IGF-I, suggesting an increased absorptive capacity of the duodenum. The enhanced potency of LR3IGF-I supports previous findings that the gut is especially responsive to analogues with reduced binding affinity to IGF-binding proteins.

J Endocrinol. 1995 Aug;146(2):247-53
    Long R3 insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) infusion stimulates organ growth but reduces plasma IGF-I, IGF-II and IGF binding protein concentrations in the guinea pig.

Conlon MA, Tomas FM, Owens PC, Wallace JC, Howarth GS, Ballard FJ.
    Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Australia.

We have tested whether an animal with substantial amounts of both IGF-I and IGF-II in circulation, such as the guinea pig, would respond to chronic IGF infusion in the same manner as the adult rat, which has negligible amounts of IGF-II in blood. Female guinea pigs were continuously infused for 7 days with recombinant guinea pig IGF-I or -II (120 or 360 micrograms/day) or long R3 IGF-I (LR3IGF-I) (120 micrograms/day), an analogue which has much reduced affinities for IGF binding proteins. IGF-I or IGF-II infusion led to substantial increases in plasma IGF-I or IGF-II respectively in comparison with vehicle-infused animals. Nevertheless, body weight gain, feed intake, feed conversion efficiency and carcass composition were not significantly affected by any treatment (significance was deemed to be P < 0.05). Amongst the tissues examined only the fractional weight (g/kg body weight) of the adrenals was increased, and that only by the higher dose (360 micrograms/day) of IGF-I. However, the fractional weight of adrenals, gut, kidneys and spleen were significantly increased by LR3IGF-I

Am J Physiol. 1997 Mar;272
    Systemic infusion of IGF-I or LR(3)IGF-I stimulates visceral organ growth and proliferation of gut tissues.
    ..........has been shown that IGF-I* (peptides) treatment also stimulated gut weight and length by up to 60 and 32%...........................

*igf 1,lr3 igf 1.

and cancer.

quote:

Originally Posted by Pinnacle

~Pinnacle~

you take the risk: pregnated or cancer...... lol
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 08-31-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    you take the risk: pregnated or cancer...... lol
    Funny Mr. Smarty Pants!

I'm on my 5 or 6th run of IGF,so I doubt cancer is an issue with me.It crossed my mind on my first run though.
    Jeez,I hope my girlfriend doesn't get me pregnant though.

~Pinnacle~

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle

~Pinnacle~
    you said that,not me.

---------------------------------

"you take the risk: pregnated or cancer...... lol"
    it is directed for anyone,
    this thread,is big doc question.

(quoting you, i write less about cancer risks)
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 08-31-2005 at 07:48 PM.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanojoe
    Everyone has cancer cells in there body, but if they start dividing instead of dying off is another question.
    wt the hell?!! where did get that from?!!

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    Everyone does have cancer cells in their body and its up to the body to destroy these cells before they multiply and become a tumor..

Thread Information