RYNO is offline Junior Member

Important Insulin Question

Right now I take 50g of whey along with 80g dextrose in my PWO shake. If I start taking 10ius slin PWO only, with the same PWO shake, why would there be any concerns about getting fat. I would assume that the slin would shuttle the nutrients more effectively than without, thus reducing the chances of getting fat. Am I missing something here?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You are supposed to be taking around 10g of dex p/1IU of slin. So if you are taking 10IU you will need 100g of dex. You need this to prevent going hypo. Some people can take less than 10g of dex p/1IU, so you will have to experiment and see how much dex your body needs for every 1IU of slin. If you are a beginner with insulin which I am assuming you are, then start with 10g of dex for every 1IU of slin as mentioned above. So you don't have to worry about gaining fat if you are taking 10IU and 80g of dex. I would up your protein from 50g to about 70g PWO if you are taking insulin.

Good luck.

-Gear

RYNO is offline Junior Member
    So I guess that means when taking slin, the 2:1 dex/whey ratio does not apply. I have heard others say to be careful when using slin to cut but if I use it at 10ius PWO only and get in my PWO shake and a PWWO carb/pro meal (after working out at 7:00pm or so), and then go to bed and eat "clean" the next day (and remain hypocaloric), is there a problem with this? In other words, if I remain hypocaloric without going hypoglycemic, will this be effective?
    Last edited by RYNO; 02-03-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Thread Information