Liquidred is offline Associate Member

Young kids, GH, and long term problems?

My fiance's younger brother has been on humotrope for like 2 years now. He really has grown a good bit. His problem is his body doesn't produce gh or something like that. Obviously there can be some bad sides at high doses for older men, but can he see any problems? The reason i ask is b/c i don't trust their doctor. He has said some things that don't make sense and i just get the feeling he was just trying to sell the drug.
    He told them that even once he is done with the gh he could still grow?? Once he stops that he is done, i have read that your growth plates will stop once the chem isn't in the body.
    He also said that its not a steroid and if someone took it that was done growing absolutly nothing would happen...i'm like wtf is this guy talking about...
    This kids hands and feet are huge from the gh, his forehead is larger and his jaw has grown....to someone that i know a little about signs of gh use its obvious to me. Is there anything else that he could experience that isn't good....long term speaking? I would like to inform his parents about this shit b/c i don't think the doctor explained to them all the possible sides.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Its hard to say w/out knowing what the condition for which he is being treated?

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    As far as treating stunted growth due to HGH insufficiency, his doctor seems to be correct. HGH enables the growth of long bones, but it's rising levels of estrogen (and test) that cause the growth plates to seal. Once the plates are sealed, taking HGH won't increase your height (which is what the doctor is primarily concerned with). However it does have other beneficial effects which is why athletes and actors take it.
    The larger hands and feet could be signs of acromegly, or they may just be a side effect of swelling from the HGH. As for long term side effects, there have been studies showing that people who have taken GH for years can take up to 2 years to recover their natural HGH levels. Something to be aware of if he's already GH deficient.

his condition was that when he was like 13 literally looked like a 8 year old....he didn't grow at all from like the age of 9 or something....what is acromegly?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidred
    his condition was that when he was like 13 literally looked like a 8 year old....he didn't grow at all from like the age of 9 or something....what is acromegly?
    How many iu's is he taking per day?

i'm not sure how the humotrope pen is measured but i know it goes to 12 clicks and they have to do two more so its 14 clicks on the pen

Thread Information