KaevurMati is offline Associate Member

Exclamation HGH injection before sleep - HOW SAFE IT ACTUALLY IS?

I've seen a lot of people arguing about it. Some say that GH should be injected before bed, because that's when your body is designed to use it. But a lot of smart people also say that injection before sleeping must be avoided because it might shut down natural GH production.

I'm wondering if it is actually safe to inject before sleeping? Does it affect your natural GH production? Will the natural GH production shut down if it is injected before bed?

And after I finish the cycle, will the natural GH production recover?

It's a serious problem, I really wouldn't like to lose natural GH production and inject till the end of my life. Would cost a lot as well.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I would shoot it in the morning if it were me

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaevurMati
    I've seen a lot of people arguing about it. Some say that GH should be injected before bed, because that's when your body is designed to use it. But a lot of smart people also say that injection before sleeping must be avoided because it might shut down natural GH production.

I'm wondering if it is actually safe to inject before sleeping? Does it affect your natural GH production? Will the natural GH production shut down if it is injected before bed?

And after I finish the cycle, will the natural GH production recover?

It's a serious problem, I really wouldn't like to lose natural GH production and inject till the end of my life. Would cost a lot as well.
    I'll stay out of the AM/PM debate.

To answer your 4 questions.

Yes

Yes

Yes

and
    Yes

~Pinnacle~

KaevurMati is offline Associate Member
    Can you give detailed explanations why you answered like that?

Thanks.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    i do both. 1.5iu am and 1.5iu pm. works fine for me

cubanojoe is offline Junior Member
    as soon as you take external HGH, your natural production is shut down right away no matter when you take it, Am or PM

Quote Originally Posted by KaevurMati
    Can you give detailed explanations why you answered like that?

Thanks.
    I'm not much on writing long posts.So excuse my brief explanations.

"I'm wondering if it is actually safe to inject before sleeping?"Why wouldn't it be?Your body produces HGH on a daily basis.You're just replacing/adding a synthetic version.

"Does it affect your natural GH production?"Yes.When you add a synthetic like Test or HGH it shuts down natural production of that given hormone.

"Will the natural GH production shut down if it is injected before bed?"See answer #2

"And after I finish the cycle, will the natural GH production recover?"Yes.HGH has a very short half life.In a matter of hours your natural production will start again after HGH therapy is discountinued

Is that a little better?

~Pinnacle~

If you would like scientific explanations on HGH,go here and type in Growth hormone ...pubmed.com

~Pinnacle~

Yes.HGH has a very short half life.In a matter of hours your natural production will start again after HGH therapy is discountinued

I would say it would be a coule of days as you would have to wait for the IGF-1 levels to go down and they can be released up to 20 hours after the injection.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanojoe
    Yes.HGH has a very short half life.In a matter of hours your natural production will start again after HGH therapy is discountinued

I would say it would be a coule of days as you would have to wait for the IGF-1 levels to go down and they can be released up to 20 hours after the injection.
    I scoured a zillion abstracts to find an exact time frame.I surrender!But I know it's not a couple of days.It's in the hour category,just not certain as to exactly how many hours it is.

Anyone have some data to show a time frame?

~Pinnacle~

THEMOSTHATED is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I scoured a zillion abstracts to find an exact time frame.I surrender!But I know it's not a couple of days.It's in the hour category,just not certain as to exactly how many hours it is.

Anyone have some data to show a time frame?

~Pinnacle~
    I remember one abstract stating 10 hours or so.

Lets just say that you are correct about 10 hours.

The everything we have posted about shutdown is incorrect as if we took it in the Am instead of before bed our bodies would still release its own natural GH at night.

Alot of posts have stated that your body will release IGF up to 20 hours after the injection so would that not mean you are shut down for at least 20 hours? I have no proof but I would say your natural gh level would not start back up until about 24 hours later.

supersteve Guest
    You may as well inject before bed. 1-2hrs before bed to be on the safe side cause that way you cover all bases.

If it is only suppressed for 4hours, then 2hrs into your sleep you'll be producing your own again.
    If suppression doesnt start till 6hours after injection, then you'll produce your own GH during the first 4hrs sleep.
    If suppression lasts 24-48hrs, obviously you want to be injecting before bed.

They are the 3 conflicting times i've seen in all the different studies. Injecting 1-2hrs before bed covers all of them.

Lets just say that you are correct about 10 hours.

The everything we have posted about shutdown is incorrect as if we took it in the Am instead of before bed our bodies would still release its own natural GH at night.

Alot of posts have stated that your body will release IGF up to 20 hours after the injection so would that not mean you are shut down for at least 20 hours? I have no proof but I would say your natural gh level would not start back up until about 24 hours later.
    Well joe...let me tell you something.When I first started HGH it was prescribed to me by a sports doctor for tendonitis.He insisted I take my shot in the AM.I asked why just to be educated an the drug.He stated so you can take advantage of your natural HGH drip in the PM while sleeping,amoungst other reasons he gave.Over the years I have spoken to several doctors about HGH,they all say the same thing.
    Also,I've never read anything about HGH shutting you down for 24 hrs.In posts nor research articles(which I've read many).I'm not doubting you didn't read them.But I do doubt they are valid and correct.Who's everybody that posted about HGH shutting you down for 24 hrs?Are they doctors or scientists?Did they show credible evidence to back uo thier statements?
    I've read plenty of credible evidence to counter those comments you've stated that you've read.I just can't find any of them at the present.(Not enough time in the day to scour tons of abstracts).It's sort of like a person in the steroid forum giving advice on a cycle.Turns out the guy has never ran a cyle in his life.He's just passing on info that he's read.Do you consider that persons opinion to be valid?I think not.The same goes with the topic we're dicussing presently.PPl pass down advice they've read whether it be true or false.Then all of a sudden it becomes legend.
    Like I said above.I don't have any solid facts at my finger tips to back my statements.I welcome anyone to post some findings to clear the air on this issue.After all,WE'RE not "Hooker".WE'RE human.We can make mistakes.

~Pinnacle~

a year ago everything was different for IGF. I think all of this is a learning process. What works for me might not work for you. The info we know today a year from now will be something totally different.

How long do we get shit down for taking HGH, I have no idea. I take one dose right before bed to make sure I get some while sleeping. Other then that I have no way of knowing if my body is going to produce any that night or not.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I just listened to an interview online with some hrt doctor it was posted on here at 5 in the morning he says to do it after your workout and way before dinner because if you do it before it will supress your gh and if you do it before bed it will also supress your gh

a year ago everything was different for IGF. I think all of this is a learning process. What works for me might not work for you. The info we know today a year from now will be something totally different.

How long do we get shit down for taking HGH, I have no idea. I take one dose right before bed to make sure I get some while sleeping. Other then that I have no way of knowing if my body is going to produce any that night or not.
    I agree joe...research is always evolving.What is ground breaking news today,tomorrow is passe.
    I do want to add one thing.I can agree and see the logic behind older guys(over 30) taking a Pm shot of HGH.Their release isn't as great as when they were 25.So by going Pm does make sense and have substancial logic behind it.

~Pinnacle~

Now ya calling me old, hehehe

must have left me dam web cam on

Now ya calling me old, hehehe

must have left me dam web cam on
    I'm 37 joe.You feel better now?

~Pinnacle~

not by much, I am almost 35

not by much, I am almost 35
    We're still children!!30's is nothing these days when you consider how old ppl are living now.

~Pinnacle~

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    36 and before bed. Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by THEMOSTHATED
    I remember one abstract stating 10 hours or so.
    That seems to be the correct time frame.Read this thread.....

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...67#post2081067

~Pinnacle~

I stand corrected

On another subject is there any test that would measure what are body is putting out for GH production. I am guessing it would be kind of hard to tell since it is only done when you sleep.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    my last blood work i did was 3 days after my last hgh shot.the test came back and my igf-1 levels were 453 ng/ml.
    i would call that still elevated and thus supresive.

-rodge

say you did not take external HGH. Is there any way to find out what your actual level is that your body is producing?

They say when your in your 20's your body produces about 1.5 IU when you sleep, I would be interested to see what I produce now.

say you did not take external HGH. Is there any way to find out what your actual level is that your body is producing?

They say when your in your 20's your body produces about 1.5 IU when you sleep, I would be interested to see what I produce now.
    Sure joe.You can get bloodwork done to see what your HGH levels are.I've done it a few times in the past,and as you can see,Rodge has as well.

~Pinnacle~

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    hey guys just thoght i should put in my curent gh experiance im 20 years old on (HRT) taking 0.33iu/day genotropin just before sleep and my igf-1 levels are climing up with every test and im not having any complications with night injections just before sleep.

for all those intrested in (HRT) im also taking proviron and thyroid extract 1.5 grain made by a compound chemist.

HRT at such a young age?

Thread Information