Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Exclamation Stop... I repeat... STOP using Humalin R!!!

Blah I see too many people say something like.... just go to the pharm and get it, its good stuff.... blah blah..... NO ITS NOT
    Stay away... if you cannot get humalog or novolog then stay away from insulin . PERIOD

And again DO NOT inject any other way besides intramuscular!.... subcutaneous or intravenously are a no no! Both have their reasons as to why...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I prefer Humalog over R too, but apart from the fact that Humalin R is a little trickier to use, I can't think of another reason why Humalin R shouldn't be used. IM is better than Sub-Q because the absorbency level with IM is higher than Sub-Q, it doesn't mean Sub-Q is no good at all.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I prefer Humalog over R too, but apart from the fact that Humalin R is a little trickier to use, I can't think of another reason why Humalin R shouldn't be used. IM is better than Sub-Q because the absorbency level with IM is higher than Sub-Q, it doesn't mean Sub-Q is no good at all.

-Gear
    IMO for what we use it for..... it should be IM log only.... nothing else... why chance it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    IMO for what we use it for..... it should be IM log only.... nothing else... why chance it?
    Very true, and a very good point. I thought you mean't that using insulin any other way but IM, and using any other type of insulins but Humalog was useless.

Good to see you back.

-Gear

Using insulin IM will increase the absorbency level which makes the effect stronger. IM also cuts the on-set time in about 1/2. If you're a beginner, perhaps it is wise to start of with Sub-Q as hypo won't be as bad and wont arrive as fast as it would when using insulin IM. Just a thought.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Very true, and a very good point. I thought you mean't that using insulin any other way but IM, and using any other type of insulins but Humalog was useless.

Good to see you back.

-Gear
    lol no Im not that ignorant, or arrogant to say that
    This stuff is going towards my major.

Thanks bro!

Remember our bodybuilding use, is not at all or hardly talked about in the medical community. So for what we need, subc and IV are no good. Along with all of the fast acting or mixed insulins...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    So you are stating that Humlin-R is absolutely no good? What if you workout early afternoon, and then have all day to get in your carbs? I have no had a problem with it up to 4-6 hrs after use. Good info.

xmutation is offline Junior Member

Stop... I repeat... STOP using Humalin R!!!

Stop... I repeat... STOP using Humalin R!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Blah I see too many people say something like.... just go to the pharm and get it, its good stuff.... blah blah..... NO ITS NOT
    Stay away... if you cannot get humalog or novolog then stay away from insulin . PERIOD

And again DO NOT inject any other way besides intramuscular!.... subcutaneous or intravenously are a no no! :no: Both have their reasons as to why...
    STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP NOW

yes my lord...........lol...........................

YES MY LORD,.....YES MY LORD...................YES MY LORD!..... LOL..........

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by xmutation
    YES MY LORD,.....YES MY LORD...................YES MY LORD!..... LOL..........

2 post's and nothing constructive

Maybe he's just shy, and trying to fit in.. how cute.

BTW, if humalog is just a faster acting slin, why isn't it sold OTC?

behind such totalitarist pretensions,what can i do........ lol...............

STOP EVERYBODY ! DO NOT! ............LOL........................

neverfail is offline New Member
    I understand the concern for the safty of all people, but if you've done your homework and do things correctly humilin R is safe and effective. I personally have used on and off for around a year and haven't had any problems. I might add that I have had very good results. Just my 2cents. As stated many times this isn't an compound for the novice and can be very dangerous. Research first and Be Safe!...............nf

Mr. Sparkle, can you explain on why you made this post and why you say NEVER use humalin-R...

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    Never had a problem with Humulin-R and I am not even that exact about my carb intake. Everyone is different, just start slow and be careful at first.

That's what I thought, What was the point of this thread? It is misinforming, and has no evidence to back up the statements.

Like I said in one of my posts, Humalin R is still effective, it's just a little different in terms of how to use it.

-Gear

Good posts Gear, I was just curious why Mr. Sparkle started this thread and then left it out there without explaining his reasoning behind his statement. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    That's what I thought, What was the point of this thread? It is misinforming, and has no evidence to back up the statements.
    I think the point he is trying to get across is that insulin should be used IM only because IM has a higher absorbency rate when compared to Sub-Q, so for bodybuilding purposes, IM is more beneficial.

He also recomends Humalog over any other insulins (Humalin R) because Humalog is the easiest insulin to use. He isn't saying that Humalin R is totally useless.

Hope that cleared things up.

-Gear

Good posts Gear, I was just curious why Mr. Sparkle started this thread and then left it out there without explaining his reasoning behind his statement. Thanks for the input.
    No worries bro.

-Gear

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    BB's have been usin Humulin R for years. Humalog is just easier.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    So main lining slin is a big no no? damm there goes my next cycle.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Maybe he's just shy, and trying to fit in.. how cute.

BTW, if humalog is just a faster acting slin, why isn't it sold OTC?
    Too dangerous
    Youre kidding right?
    Chill bro

Everyone is all worried about getting resistant to insulin , going hypo blah blah. All VALID points. So why would you want to use an inferior type of insulin?
    R peaks lower, and has a longer duration...
    Longer duration means more of a chance your body do stop producing as much....
    And because its active longer you have to keep your diet perfect for that duration.
    But the BB community have used R so for years? True doesnt make it right....
    Last edited by Mr. Sparkle; 09-13-2005 at 10:09 PM.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Way to elaborate Sparkle. Good job.

There was nothing to "chill" about. Your statements were just very uninformative in your first post. Thanks for clearing them up. You stated "if you cannot get humalog or novolog then stay away from insulin . PERIOD". I think that is a little overboard. But I see your points and your personal opinions about this subject. Thanks.

Thread Information