G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

Humalin R Contradicitons

ok i am confused

- on mr sparkles thread he states that a bodybuilder should not use this brand -and that is a long acting insulin

QUOTE "Duration ~10-12 hours, peaks at 3rd hour until the 5th hour"

he also states that a BB should NOT use this Brand

- on www.steroid.com it states that Humalin R is the best type for a BB as it is the shortest acting insulin

QUOTE " Humulin R is the safest because it takes effect quickly and has the shortest duration of activity. Humulin R usually remains active for only 4 hours with a peak at about two hours after injecting"

so why the contradictions?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Because that info is out dated..... Mine is not...

Humalog shot IM is active for 2.5 hours and peaks in 30-40min....

What I quoted is from Lilly.... and remember that time is subC.... for normal diabetic purposes.

What you got from steroid .com is for IM injections of Humalin R... thats what its bascially cut in half.
    Last edited by Mr. Sparkle; 09-15-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Because that info is out dated..... Mine is not...

Humalog shot IM is active for 2.5 hours and peaks in 30-40min....

What I quoted is from Lilly.... and remember that time is subC.... for normal diabetic purposes.

What you got from steroid.com is for IM injections of Humalin R... thats what its bascially cut in half.
    You are the man.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Gforce, in terms of effectiveness, both Humalog and Humalin R are good to go. It is recomended to take Humalog as it is much easier to use when compared to Humalin R. The trickier it is to use something, the more of a danger zone you will be creating for yourself. That is why we recomend a faster acting insulin such as Humalog. However, if you are an experienced insulin user and know excatly how to use both Humalog and Humalin R, then there really won't be much difference in terms of effectiveness no matter what insulin you use.

-Gear

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Gforce, in terms of effectiveness, both Humalog and Humalin R are good to go. It is recomended to take Humalog as it is much easier to use when compared to Humalin R. The trickier it is to use something, the more of a danger zone you will be creating for yourself. That is why we recomend a faster acting insulin such as Humalog. However, if you are an experienced insulin user and know excatly how to use both Humalog and Humalin R, then there really won't be much difference in terms of effectiveness no matter what insulin you use.

-Gear
    True, I've used both but I think the fact that Log peeks higher is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    You are the man.
    I try. And I LOVE that avatar! LMAO
    so much I might have to steal it!

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I try. And I LOVE that avatar! LMAO
    so much I might have to steal it!

No way!!! You gotta keep the ice grill up there

cool thanks
    i'm trying to get my hands on some humalog at the moment - should have it soon

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

-Gear
    gonna gave to diagree a little. humalog becomes the more difficult or "tricky" compound because of its fast action. this gives the user a smaller window to screw up. humulin r climbs slower and lasts longer so the symptoms are going to be somewhat readable. an inexperienced user that slams too much humalog IM is gonna have a real problem real fast.
    so yes, technically humulin R does have a longer "danger zone" but the propensity to actually see that danger zone is greatly increased with the shorter "danger zone" of humalog.
    i guess inexperienced either way and ur settin yourself up for some hurtin.

IMO no matter how much you know about slin, you should never use R...

FWIW I will NEVER EVER touch it.....

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    gonna gave to diagree a little. humalog becomes the more difficult or "tricky" compound because of its fast action. this gives the user a smaller window to screw up. humulin r climbs slower and lasts longer so the symptoms are going to be somewhat readable. an inexperienced user that slams too much humalog IM is gonna have a real problem real fast.
    so yes, technically humulin R does have a longer "danger zone" but the propensity to actually see that danger zone is greatly increased with the shorter "danger zone" of humalog.
    i guess inexperienced either way and ur settin yourself up for some hurtin.
    Danger may occur faster with Humalog because of its on-set time, but it's out of your system faster which is an advantage over Humalin R. Both Log and R have their negatives and positives.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 09-17-2005 at 01:09 AM.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Danger may occur faster with Humalog because of its on-set time, but it's out of your system faster which is an advantage over Humalin R. Both Log and R have their negatives and positives.

-Gear
    agreed. i know R subQ is something like eight hours to be on the safe side. what is R IM? i've only seen onset/peak/duration times for R subQ.
    thnx

4 hours duration, peak around 2 hours.....

xmutation is offline Junior Member
    bump

i'm going with Humalog IM
    have got 100iu's waiting in the fridge to be started in one weeks time - looking forward to it

Thread Information