goose is offline Banned

HOW long has IGF been used for sport and body-building

When was this Anabolic first used by athletes? Body-builders? Did yates and Flex use this Anabolic ?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I first heard of it coming on the scene in the mid 90's.Could have been around longer.i just never heard of it before that.

~Pinnacle~

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    IGF-1 (Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 a.k.a. somatomedin C) is not an anabolic , it's a polypeptide of 70 amino acids.

Yeah, I'm sure yates used a lot of rIGF-1 and lr3 during his heydays. But that is just part of of his regime. HIgh amounts of GH, slin, multiple AAS, etc. Of course with a excellent diet and training routine. None of these drugs matter if you don't eat and train right.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    LR3 came out about 92, but it's been avalible to us here for about 2 years

JohnnyB

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB

JohnnyB

It shows you the pro`s get new drugs way before us, Is there any new drugs that the pro`s use today which is not avalible to us?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB

JohnnyB
    Is there a direct link to rIGF-1 causing roid gut or is lr3 bundled in with r causing this ugly side? I was talking with one of my friends last night who won as a heavy at a major BB show (Emerald Cup) up in my area. He said lr3 is linked to roid gut but I tried to tell him that is rIGF-1. He's on GH year around.

goose is offline Banned
    I believe our pal, Pinnacle uses GH all year round,and said high dosage of 10iu and over is a major cause of roid gut... I year the pro`s take around 20iu a day split over 4 shots!! I have a better gut than ronnie...

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    IGF-1 (Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 a.k.a. somatomedin C) is not an anabolic , it's a polypeptide of 70 amino acids.
    It's not an anabolic steroid ,but it is an anabolic.Anabolic is an adjective for anabolism.a·nab·o·lism (ə-năb'ə-lĭz'əm)
    n.
    The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue.

an'a·bol'ic (ăn'ə-bŏl'ĭk) adj.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    It's not an anabolic steroid ,but it is an anabolic.Anabolic is an adjective for anabolism.a·nab·o·lism (ə-năb'ə-lĭz'əm)
    n.
    The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue.

~Pinnacle~
    Wouldn't IGF-1's anabolic effects be attributed to the increased endongenous testosterone as it acts as a precursor to the HPTA? I always believed IGF-1's main benefits are the anti catabolic and gycogen retention properties. Of course IGF-1 works in great synergy with test. But it can be used alone for anti catabolic reasons.

goose is offline Banned
    n.

~Pinnacle~
    Did not intend to offend you, you gave me good advise in another thread on HGH dosage, and advised me on taking 4iu, I wanted to try more

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Did not intend to offend you, you gave me good advise in another thread on HGH dosage, and advised me on taking 4iu, I wanted to try more
    LOL bro..I was sticking up for you in saying IGF IS an anabolic .

~Pinnacle~

~Pinnacle~
    I still partially argue the statement as IGF-1 being a anabolic. I'm thinking an anabolic agent as being something that directly causes the building of tissue, not a precursor to the bodies natty androgens. GH would fall in this same category. I swear I read this somehwhere too where they made it very clear that growth factors are not in the same class as anabolics. I may be wrong of course, that happens a lot.

goose is offline Banned

~Pinnacle~

LOL,its 4am here, just eating lots of food,thinking I have to train my abdominal muscles 2moro,which will be fun.I guess the message is dont take extreme amounts of HGH and IGF,but we all want to look like the pro`s...

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I still partially argue the statement as IGF-1 being a anabolic . I'm thinking an anabolic agent as being something that directly causes the building of tissue, not a precursor to the bodies natty androgens. GH would fall in this same category. I swear I read this somehwhere too where they made it very clear that a·nab·o·lism (ə-năb'ə-lĭz'əm)
    n.

[ANA– + (META)BOLISM.]

. I may be wrong of course, that happens a lot.
    Anything that creates muscle mass is considered anabolic.Weight training is considered anabolic.Hence the name of this board..AnabolicReview.There are many forms of anabolism.You just have it in your mind that IGF isn't in the anabolic steroid class.You're right about that.But IGF is still anabolic.

~Pinnacle~

goose is offline Banned
    Is this one of your Favourite anabolics?

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Is this one of your Favourite anabolics?
    No,Test suspension is.

~Pinnacle~

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    the Games in Atlanta were nicked name the Groth Hormone Olympics by several of the participating athletes

Anything that creates muscle mass is considered anabolic .Weight training is considered anabolic.Hence the name of this board..AnabolicReview.There are many forms of anabolism.You just have it in your mind that IGF isn't in the anabolic steroid class.You're right about that.But IGF is still anabolic.

~Pinnacle~
    Well, true. Protein is anabolic as well as good food in general. I guess I should understand gh and IGF not being in the same class as anabolic steroids . But anabolic, yeah.

xmutation is offline Junior Member
    bump

Thread Information