oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member

Hgh Slightly Anabolic

significant fat burning (6.6%)
    significant water retention, total water 6.5 %.
    extra cellular water 9.6 % ( a lot !)

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005 Apr;62(4):449-57.
    Supraphysiological growth hormone : less fat, more extracellular fluid but uncertain effects on muscles in healthy, active young adults.

Ehrnborg C, Ellegard L, Bosaeus I, Bengtsson BA, Rosen T.

Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S-413 45 Goteborg, Sweden.

"OBJECTIVES: To study the effects on body composition after 1 month's administration of supraphysiological doses of growth hormone (GH) in healthy, active young adults with normal GH-IGF-I axis. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: Thirty healthy, physically active volunteers (15 men and 15 women), mean age 25.9 years (range 18-35), participated in this study, designed as a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel study with three groups (n = 10: five men and five women in each group). The groups comprised the following: placebo (P), GH 0.1 IU/kg/day [0.033 mg/kg/day] (GH 0.1) and GH 0.2 IU/kg/day [0.067 mg/kg/day] (GH 0.2). RESULTS: In the pooled group with active GH treatment (n = 20) the results showed significant increases: IGF-I increased by 134% (baseline vs. after 1 month), body weight by 2.7%, fat free mass by 5.3%, total body water by 6.5% and extracellular water (ECW) by 9.6%. Body fat decreased significantly by 6.6%. No significant change in intracellular water was detected. The observed increase in fat free mass by 5.3% was explained by the ECW increase, indicating limited anabolic effects of the supraphysiological GH doses. Changes were noticeable in both genders, although more prominent in the male subjects. Fluid retention symptoms occurred in the majority of individuals. CONCLUSIONS: This is, to our knowledge, the first placebo-controlled trial to show the effects of supraphysiological GH doses on body composition and IGF-I levels in physically active and healthy individuals of both genders; the results indicate limited anabolic effects of GH with these supraphysiological doses. The role of GH as an effective anabolic doping agent is questioned."

JAMIE720 is offline Junior Member
    The more permanent effects of gh doesnt show up until between 3-6 months of use.I do agree with the finding on water retention cause I gained nearly 10 pounds in the first 3 weeks with everything else I doing remaining the same.With 1 month you wont see any drastic changes in muscle mass.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    "the results indicate limited anabolic effects of GH with these supraphysiological doses. The role of GH as an effective anabolic doping agent is questioned."

That's nothing the BB community hasn't figured out already.

~Pinnacle~

dans is offline Junior Member
    Two things:

1. As stated above, Is a 1 month trial really indicative of what the HGH can do? I am under the impression 6 months is needed to reap its full benefits.

2. This says "physically active" young adults. I doubt half of them really lift hard at all. I bet there would be a difference if the whole group had to stay on a lifting workout regimen throughout the trial.

Also, when reading the water retention percentages I wondered how the water percentage calculated into the fat free mass percentage. Another words, what is the NET fat free mass percentage after you SUBTRACT the water percentage? Maybe someone who knows math can figure this out. It makes my head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    "the results indicate limited anabolic effects of GH with these supraphysiological doses. The role of GH as an effective anabolic doping agent is questioned."

That's nothing the BB community hasn't figured out already.

~Pinnacle~
    this assertion is correct
    i post to point that.
    is the first scientifical study that proves it

see the date:
    Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005 Apr;62(4):449-57.

and to the nowhere phd dans well, what can i do .........lol...............

supersteve Guest
    Those are pretty insane doses. 9iu and 18iu each day for a 200lb male.
    If they are suggesting that hgh doesn't do much in the way of muscle-building then you'd also have to suggest that igf-1 doesn't either because those doses would be the equivalent of about 50mcg and 100mcg of lr3 ed for a month.
    Although 134% doesn't seem like much of a rise in igf-1 for those kind of doses, perhaps they took it all at once and a lot of it wasn't being converted to igf-1. Would be interesting to see the full article as to determine how it was dosed, i.e. split up or taken all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    Those are pretty insane doses. 9iu and 18iu each day for a 200lb male.
    If they are suggesting that hgh doesn't do much in the way of muscle-building then you'd also have to suggest that igf-1 doesn't either because those doses would be the equivalent of about 50mcg and 100mcg of lr3 ed for a month.
    Although 134% doesn't seem like much of a rise in igf-1 for those kind of doses, perhaps they took it all at once and a lot of it wasn't being converted to igf-1. Would be interesting to see the full article as to determine how it was dosed, i.e. split up or taken all at once.
    how is dosed the hgh is not relevant.
    see this study, increased igf 1 around 100 % .

Unequal impact of age, percentage body fat, and serum testosterone concentrations on the somatotrophic, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein responses to a three-day intravenous growth hormone-releasing hormone pulsatile infusion in men.Iranmanesh A, South S, Liem AY, Clemmons D, Thorner MO, Weltman A, Veldhuis JD.

Medical Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia 24153, USA.

"We here investigate the potential rescue of the relative hyposomatotropism of aging and obesity by 3-day pulsatile GHRH infusions (i.v. bolus 0.33 microg/kg every 90 min) in 19 healthy men of varying ages (18 to 66 years) and body compositions (12 to 37% total body fat). Baseline (control) and GHRH-driven pulsatile GH secretion (in randomly ordered sessions) were quantitated by deconvolution analysis of 24-h (10-min sampling) serum GH concentration profiles measured in an ultrasensitive (threshold 0.005 microg/l) chemiluminescence assay. GHRH infusion significantly increased the mean (24-h) serum GH concentration (0.3 +/- 0.1 basal vs 2.4 +/- 0.4 microg/l treatment; P = 0.0001), total daily pulsatile GH production rate (21 +/- 9.5 vs 97 +/- 17 microg/l/day; P = 0.01), GH secretory burst frequency (11 +/- 0.5 vs 17 +/- 0.3 events/day; P = <0.01), and mass of GH released per burst (1.1 +/- 0.4 vs 5.9 1 microg/l; P < 0.01), as well as serum IGF-I (261 +/- 33 vs 436 +/- 37 microg/l; P = 0.005), insulin (45 +/- 13 vs 79 +/- 17 mU/l; P = 0.0002), and IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-3 (3320 +/- 107 vs 4320 +/- 114 microg/l; P = 0.001) concentrations, while decreasing IGFBP-1 levels (16 +/- 1.2 vs 14 +/- 0.09 microg/l; P = 0.02). Serum total testosterone and estradiol concentrations did not change. GHRH treatment also reduced the half-duration of GH secretory bursts, and increased the GH half-life. GHRH-stimulated 24-h serum GH concentrations and the mass of GH secreted per burst were correlated negatively with age (R[value]:P[value] = -0.67:0.002 and -0.58:0.009 respectively), and percentage body fat (R:P = -0.80:0.0001 and -0.65:0.0005 respectively), but positively with serum testosterone concentrations (R:P = +0.55:0.016 and +0.53:0.019 respectively). GHRH-stimulated plasma IGF-I increments correlated negatively with age and body mass index, and positively with serum testosterone, but not with percentage body fat. Cosinor analysis disclosed persistent nyctohemeral rhythmicity of GH secretory burst mass (with significantly increased 24-h amplitude and mesor values) but unchanged acrophase during fixed pulsatile GHRH infusions, which suggests that both GHRH- and non-GHRH-dependent mechanisms can modulate the magnitude (but only non-GHRH mechanisms can modulate the timing) of somatotrope secretory activity differentially over a 24-h period. In summary, diminished GHRH action and/or non-GHRH-dependent mechanisms (e.g. somatostatin excess, putative endogenous growth hormone -releasing peptide deficiency etc.) probably underlie the hyposomatotropism of aging, (relative) obesity, and/or hypoandrogenemia. Preserved or increased tissue IGF-I responses to GHRH-stimulated GH secretion (albeit absolutely reduced, suggesting GHRH insensitivity in obesity) may distinguish the pathophysiology of adiposity-associated hyposomatotropism from that of healthy aging."

bro
    hgh does not transform in IGF-1 and IGF-2 are encoded by two different genes which are expressed differentially in different tissues and at different times of development. i add a graphic to show it (from preforms).
    Both types of IGF are synthesized in many fetal and adult tissues. IGF-1 is produced constitutively in large amounts in the liver. It is produced also locally in many other tissues including kidney, heart, lung, fat tissues, and various glandular tissues. IGF-1 is produced also by chondroblasts, fibroblasts, and osteoclasts.

and for LR3:
    why do people say anything less than 40mcg of igf is worthless...enlighten me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hgh Slightly Anabolic-igfstructure.gif  

JAMIE720 is offline Junior Member
    you cant draw accurate conclusions on the effects of gh as an anabolic agent in a one month study when everyone knows you start to see serious results with long term use 6months-1year.Study a group of healthy adults over a one year period add some aas and then conclude how anabolic gh is.

sure..... 1 % monthly is significant.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 09-20-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    Those are pretty insane doses. 9iu and 18iu each day for a 200lb male.If they are suggesting that hgh doesn't do much in the way of muscle-building then you'd also have to suggest that igf-1 doesn't either because those doses would be the equivalent of about 50mcg and 100mcg of lr3 ed for a month.

correct, 10 -18 iu´s for 6 % fat reduction.

Thread Information