Caz84 is offline Junior Member

IGF-1 post cycle?

For my next cycle i am running 1000mg test enanthate a week for 12 weeks, tapering down to 250mg a week for three weeks. I will also be running 500iu of hcg every four days throughout my cycle, as well as 0.5mg of arimidex everyday throughout my cycle and pct.

Then for pct i will be running nolvadex at 20mg everyday for thirty days, as well as clomid at 300mg day one, then 100mg everyday for two weeks and finally 50mg everyday for two weeks.

However, i am concerned with the rduction in gh, and hence igf-1, when taking nolvadex, especially when i am trying to maitain my gains post cycle. And so am contemplating running igf-1 post cycle.

So i am asking anyone with any experience in taking igf-1 for pct whether this helps? And if so, what dosages i should take to fight of catabolism?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    It'll help, but why are you typering the test?

JohnnyB

Ive have just been told it to be beneficial, although there was no explanation given. I guess you believe this to be quite pointless, and that i would benefit much more from running the test at 1000mg for much longer than 12 weeks?

Also if running igf-1 post cyle will 'help', do you believe it to be worth the money (I pay £175 for 1000mcg), or could i benefit just as much from running a compound with anti-catabolic properties such as clenbuterol ? And if you do view it to be worth the money, what would be a suitable dosing schedule to at least maintain gains?

Thanks for the response.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Well there's a huge differnce between Clen and IGF. If you take 40mcg PWO on WO days only then 1mg will last you a month. That is exactly how long you are going to be taking your Nolv and Clomid for. I say to definitely go with the IGF. Personally, I've tried it but never w/ PCT. Will be using it in PCT for the first time in about another 3 months.
    I'd run 40mcg a day of IGF weeks 4-8 to get a feel for it and what dosage you're comfortable with. Then you take 8-12 off and bang you're right in PCT. Perfect timing to add it again to secure gains.
    Since you're taking HCG throughout your cycle and your not taking anything else but test, its not going to be hard to keep whatever gains you get. I'm surprised you're not taking anything else but Test. You're taking a lot of precautions for running a Test only Cycle. Better safe than sorry though.....that's how I do it.

All in all everything looks great, good luck.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz84
    Ive have just been told it to be beneficial, although there was no explanation given.
    The ester on the test does that (typers out the test) so there's no need to typer by lowering doses. That an old school idea, that no one uses anymore or at least not anyone I know

JohnnyB

Thanks for everyones advice!

Thread Information