Thread: Humatrope

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Humatrope

Is anyone familiar with he the Humatrope HGH that comes in cartridges? You actually need one of those injecting pens (which is where the cartridge goes into) to inject, but I am wondering if you can draw the HGH out from the cartridge by using an insulin syringe because I don't have one of those injecting pens, and I wouldn't have a clue where to get one either.

Any input is appriciated.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 10-05-2005 at 08:04 AM.

Liquidred is offline Associate Member
    if you have a walmart around i saw they have those pens in their diabetic supply section

Hi, love the avatar.

I hope it's easy as that, but I have a feeling you can't just go and buy one. Anybody else?

-Gear

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidred
    if you have a walmart around i saw they have those pens in their diabetic supply section
    OMG, no. Those are for insulin cartridges only, you cant put the humatrope cartridges in there as they are not the same. You would need what is called a Humatropen and no, you cant just go out and buy one. Here in canada they are only availble through the physician that prescribes you the humatrope, and obviously since you didnt get it by prescription you wouldnt be able to aquire one that way. This is how it is in Canada but my understanding is they are even more strict regarding Humatrope in the US.

I wouldnt suggest withdrawing the humatrope from the cartridge with a syringe, the glass used to make the cartridges is very thin and might break from the air pressure you would create when using the syringe. But if its your only option then you may not have much choice. How are you planing on reconstituting it?

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    OMG, no. Those are for insulin cartridges only, you cant put the humatrope cartridges in there as they are not the same.
    That's excatly what I thought.

they are only availble through the physician that prescribes you the humatrope, and obviously since you didnt get it by prescription you wouldnt be able to aquire one that way.
    Once again, that's what I thought.

the glass used to make the cartridges is very thin and might break from the air pressure you would create when using the syringe.
    It won't break, it's not that fradgile.

How are you planing on reconstituting it?
    You get one vial which is the GH, and you get another syringe which is the solution. You attach the syringe to the vial with the GH in it, and inject the solution. Then you gently shake the vial with the GH in it, and wallah!

P.S. I am from Australia by the way, thanx for the input.

-Gear

This is very expensive GH we are talking about, and I have a chance to get some for very cheap. I hope there is a way around this, otherwise it's going to be such a waste.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    That's excatly what I thought.

Once again, that's what I thought.

It won't break, it's not that fradgile.

You get one vial which is the GH, and you get another syringe which is the solution. You attach the syringe to the vial with the GH in it, and inject the solution. Then you gently shake the vial with the GH in it, and wallah!

P.S. I am from Australia by the way, thanx for the input.

-Gear
    Oops! Guess I should assume everyone's an American on this board, they just seem to be the majority!

I forgot about the syringe with the diluent in it, it's been a while since I dealt with Humatrope. Just be careful when using the syringe, I know the cartridges dont seem fragile but it is very thin glass. They wont crack the first time you withdraw from it but with repeated use they become more susceptible to breakage. Do you have the 6mg or 12mg cartridges?

Oops! Guess I should assume everyone's an American on this board, they just seem to be the majority!

I forgot about the syringe with the diluent in it, it's been a while since I dealt with Humatrope. Just be careful when using the syringe, I know the cartridges dont seem fragile but it is very thin glass. They wont crack the first time you withdraw from it but with repeated use they become more susceptible to breakage. Do you have the 6mg or 12mg cartridges?
    I rather stick to the American based boards as I feel you guys have so much more knowledge and are so much further ahead of us Aussies when it comes to fitness.

I suppose you are right, using a syringe on the same cartridge over and over again will weaken it. Thanx for the reminder. The ones I can get are 6mg, I believe they also come in 24mg as well. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your input SexyKitty.

-Gear

I rather stick to the American based boards as I feel you guys have so much more knowledge and are so much further ahead of us Aussies when it comes to fitness.

I suppose you are right, using a syringe on the same cartridge over and over again will weaken it. Thanx for the reminder. The ones I can get are 6mg, I believe they also come in 24mg as well. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your input SexyKitty.

-Gear
    Nope, you're right. 6, 12, 24mg cartridges and 5mg vials. We just got the 24mg cartridges here in Canada in the last couple of years. They're all the same size just with different amounts of humatrope in them.

Sounds good.

I was told that the Humatrope GH is very effective, a lot more effective than the rest of the regular HGH brands out there. Somebody once said Humatrope 3IU was like Jintropin 5IU. Have you ever heard anything like that? Probably untrue, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

-Gear

Sounds good.

I was told that the Humatrope GH is very effective, a lot more effective than the rest of the regular HGH brands out there. Somebody once said Humatrope 3IU was like Jintropin 5IU. Have you ever heard anything like that? Probably untrue, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

-Gear
    I dont think theres any actual head to head studies out there but I have heard the same thing about humatrope from peoples personal experiences. Havnt heard any specific dosage comparisons but everyone I know who's tried GH says Humatrope is the best, nothing specific just adhoc comments. It is certainly the most expensive!

I've never done GH myself but if I can ever afford it I would go for Humatrope.

Great, thanx for the info.

-Gear

Thread Information