Skull Mason is offline Junior Member

HGH and bone growth

When I was entering high school i went on accutane for a bit. DOctors said one of the side effects is the clsoing of the growth plates. My father and brothers all have faily big bones. I am about 6'2 210 with good athletic build, but my wrists are small. I also tend to break a bone every now and then during sports. Can HGH possibly "unlock" the growth plates to maybe allow my bones/joints to grow to their original potential or was I stuck with small wrists from the get go?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Mason
    When I was entering high school i went on accutane for a bit. DOctors said one of the side effects is the clsoing of the growth plates. My father and brothers all have faily big bones. I am about 6'2 210 with good athletic build, but my wrists are small. I also tend to break a bone every now and then during sports. Can HGH possibly "unlock" the growth plates to maybe allow my bones/joints to grow to their original potential or was I stuck with small wrists from the get go?

Well according to your profile you're about 23. There is no way ever in hell that you can unlock your growth plates. Once growth plates are closed (usually around 18 for males) that's it!! That's why GH is prescribed for younger people when it comes to using it as a growth aid.

Who cares about small wrists, you're 6'2, that's 4 inches taller then average. Be happy with your height brotha. Look on the bright side. Smaller wrists will make your forearms look bigger.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    no way.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    small bones are better when u have more muscle... in regards to the way it looks. As said before your 6'2 so your already ahead of the game

dans is offline Junior Member

Found this, seems your small wrists probably have nothing to do with Accutane. More likely, genetics.

Q: I have just started taking Accutane for my acne problem. I've heard that Accutane prematurely closes the growth plates. Is that true?

A:
    You tell us you are a boy, and we can understand your concern about whether or not a drug could limit your future height. It is highly unlikely that Accutane will affect your growth plates when given in recommended dosages over the standard course of 15 to 20 weeks. Prospective x-ray studies of acne patients treated with Accutane have not shown any inhibition of growth, nor have there been any concerns noted in clinical practice. If you have read the detailed pharmacological literature from the manufacturer, you might have noticed that there was a case report “suggestive” of premature closure of the epiphyses (growth plates) in two children treated with high doses of Accutane for a different medical condition called hyperkeratinization. But this has not been a problem in boys treated for cystic acne. Accutane is a powerful drug with many other side effects. It can cause birth defects if a girl gets pregnant while taking it. Rarely it may damage the liver or other organs, and recently there has been concern in the media (although unproven) that it might trigger suicidal thoughts. So be sure to follow your dermatologist’s recommendations for blood tests and regular follow-up visits.

This QA is Taken From : http://www.teengrowth.com/index.cfm?...y&subdesc=Skin

Skull Mason is offline Junior Member
    I figured haveing bigger bones would make the muscles look better??

damn I was hoping HGH could make my smallish hands/fingers grow a bit so I could be a pro quarterback. GOt the arm strength just need some longer fingers....any ideas

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no..... bones will not grow.. just like you wanker.. it will not grow..

not with gh, not with anything..

good luck in the future..

date women with small hands.. makes your's look bigger..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    I figured haveing bigger bones would make the muscles look better??

damn I was hoping HGH could make my smallish hands/fingers grow a bit so I could be a pro quarterback. GOt the arm strength just need some longer fingers....any ideas
    slim bones=great aesthetics.

my wrist are 5´´ +/-

Thread Information