TALMUD is offline New Member

Newbie To Slin Needs Your Help!

Ive been reading about Insulin since april and im getting ready to try it out now=) But i wonder a few things before im starting up!

1. Why does many people talk about IM instead of subq that is the safer way to go???

2. Ive been hearing many differentthings about humalog, but i know want to have the exact times for it??? active15min-peaks 60min-out 150min???

Thank you in advance!!!

TALMUD

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    read the sticky

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by TALMUD
    Ive been reading about Insulin since april and im getting ready to try it out now=) But i wonder a few things before im starting up!

1. Why does many people talk about IM instead of subq that is the safer way to go??? Onset time, IM is faster acting so you know when exactly it peaks and is active as soon as you inject.

2. Ive been hearing many differentthings about humalog, but i know want to have the exact times for it??? active15min-peaks 60min-out 150min??? What do you need to know??? You answered it all yourself. I prefer to play it safer with a wider winow of about 240 minutes rather then 150. So after injection I'll keep a constant flow of nutrients for up to 4 hours, typically 3-4.

Thank you in advance!!!

TALMUD
    -Jay

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Hope this helps

Drkodiak1 is offline Associate Member
    I personally prefer humalog due to its onset time because i can only plan my day about 30 minutes at a time so trying to monitor something for 2 hours would would impossible for me my days are so unpredictable like most peoples lives.

Thread Information