oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member

World Expert In Igf 1.

from the most accredited expert in igf 1 Zvi Laronz to me.
    (e mail)

Dear Mr. Salcedo,

In reply to your question, there are no studies in man (LR3) to the best of my knowledge. Some of the IGF-I analogues have been found to be potent mitogens. What is the reason you asked? Do you have any patients?

We are at present performing a worldwide survey on the prevalence of malignancy in patients with IGF-I deficiency and their family relatives. If you see or know such patients I would appreciate your cooperation in providing us data on a simple questionnaire.
    Please reply and we shall send you further details.

Best regards,

Zvi Laron, MD
    Petah-Tikva 49202
    Israel

----------------------------------
    example of his works:

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1): a growth hormone

Z Laron

Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Unit, WHO Collaborating Center for the Study of Diabetes in Youth, Schneider Children's Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, 14 Kaplan Street, Petah Tikva 49202, Tel Aviv, Israel

Professor Laron:

Aim—To contribute to the debate about whether growth hormone (GH) and insulin -like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) act independently on the growth process.

Methods—To describe growth in human and animal models of isolated IGF-1 deficiency (IGHD), such as in Laron syndrome (LS; primary IGF-1 deficiency and GH resistance) and IGF-1 gene or GH receptor gene knockout (KO) mice.

Results—Since the description of LS in 1966, 51 patients were followed, many since infancy. Newborns with LS are shorter (42–47 cm) than healthy babies (49–52 cm), suggesting that IGF-1 has some influence on intrauterine growth. Newborn mice with IGF-1 gene KO are 30% smaller. The postnatal growth rate of patients with LS is very slow, the distance from the lowest normal centile increasing progressively. If untreated, the final height is 100–136 cm for female and 109–138 cm for male patients. They have acromicia, organomicria including the brain, heart, gonads, genitalia, and retardation of skeletal maturation. The availability of biosynthetic IGF-1 since 1988 has enabled it to be administered to children with LS. It accelerated linear growth rates to 8–9 cm in the first year of treatment, compared with 10–12 cm/year during GH treatment of IGHD. The growth rate in following years was 5–6.5 cm/year.

Conclusion—IGF-1 is an important growth hormone, mediating the protein anabolic and linear growth promoting effect of pituitary GH. It has a GH independent growth stimulating effect, which with respect to cartilage cells is possibly optimised by the synergistic action with GH.

Key Words: insulin-like growth factor I • growth hormones • Laron syndrome • growth

---------------------------------------------

..........OBJECTIVE KNOWLEGDE.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 10-17-2005 at 12:13 PM.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Nice. I would like to know from Dr. Laron, if hepatically derived IGF-1 is present in skeletal muscle tissue to exert anabolic effects? Is site-produced (IGF-1 produced in muscle tissue for example) the only anabolic type and is very localized in its effects?

thanks bro. Maybe you could send me his email if he wouldn't mind. I am interested in endocrinology myself.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Nice. I would like to know from Dr. Laron, if hepatically derived IGF-1 is present in skeletal muscle tissue to exert anabolic effects? Is site-produced (IGF-1 produced in muscle tissue for example) the only anabolic type and is very localized in its effects?

thanks bro. Maybe you could send me his email if he wouldn't mind. I am interested in endocrinology myself.
    i share the interest in endocrinology too.

Thread Information