Thread: slin

alo5603 is offline Member

slin

why do some people go over 10 i.u. of slin? Ive talked to a bunch of guys and have seen it said on here, but i dont quite understand why? Is it because they possibly need a higher dose for it to be effective? Or is the higher dose just more effective at shuttling nutrients?

alo

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    maybe,try.

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    maybe,try.
    well, if your tellin me to try it, forget it. I take slin very seriously, and unless i see reasons as to why it would be more beneficial with a higher dose, im not going to. You have any insight? Please feel free to elaborate.

alo

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    why do some people go over 10 i.u. of slin? Ive talked to a bunch of guys and have seen it said on here, but i dont quite understand why? Is it because they possibly need a higher dose for it to be effective? Or is the higher dose just more effective at shuttling nutrients?

alo

For the same reason some people take 1mg of test compared to 500mgs. For the same reason some need 5000 calories to grow over some that need 3500. It's a combination of tolerance and goal. Personally anything over 10iu puts me in a hypoglycemic state very quickly. Some can take 20iu twice a day and be fine.
    It can be dangerous though. The more Insulin you inject the more it will lower Blod Glucose levels.

Exclamation

well, if your tellin me to try it, forget it. I take slin very seriously, and unless i see reasons as to why it would be more beneficial with a higher dose, im not going to. You have any insight? Please feel free to elaborate.

alo
    ...lol...,excuse me, you can go 4-6-8-10-12-14 ius and so on,but can be, very risky,but if you feel bad at 12 stop it.
    Ever 10 gr carbs x 1 iu, now, i take 10 ius without carbs, is just experience,if you get hypo,do not be afraid,ever,ever in control,do not despair,never !
    have always carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    For the same reason some people take 1mg of test compared to 500mgs. For the same reason some need 5000 calories to grow over some that need 3500. It's a combination of tolerance and goal. Personally anything over 10iu puts me in a hypoglycemic state very quickly. Some can take 20iu twice a day and be fine.
    It can be dangerous though. The more Insulin you inject the more it will lower Blod Glucose levels.
    so exactly how would u know if its time to bump it up? Is there such thing as no gains on low dose slin (per individual of course)?

alo

...lol...,excuse me, you can go 4-6-8-10-12-14 ius and so on,but can be, very risky,but if you feel bad at 12 stop it.
    Ever 10 gr carbs x 1 iu, now, i take 10 ius without carbs, is just experience,if you get hypo,do not be afraid,ever,ever in control,do not despair,never !
    have always carbs.
    thanks for the insight bro, wow, i dont think i could go slin w/o carbs, IMO, thats askin to be hypo. How do u do it? ive found that i can go about 7grms carb per i.u. slin and be fine. Did you figure out a way to tolerate it? Would very much like to know how you do it?

alo

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    so exactly how would u know if its time to bump it up? Is there such thing as no gains on low dose slin (per individual of course)?

alo

If one has a higher tolerance then average, then yes, they will have less gains. That's why some higher the dose.
    It's just like anything else where your body is accustomed to a certain bar that we keep edging up. We only make it harder for us to reach higher levels. That's why we cycle it. The 4 weeks off will hopefully be enough time off to not be dependent.
    I have ran slin a few times and this time around I didnt really feel much at 10iu. I bumped it up to 12 and right away I felt a little hypo so I dropped back to 10iu.
    I prefer to stay on the safer side rather then to test out my range of tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    If one has a higher tolerance then average, then yes, they will have less gains. That's why some higher the dose.
    It's just like anything else where your body is accustomed to a certain bar that we keep edging up. We only make it harder for us to reach higher levels. That's why we cycle it. The 4 weeks off will hopefully be enough time off to not be dependent.
    I have ran slin a few times and this time around I didnt really feel much at 10iu. I bumped it up to 12 and right away I felt a little hypo so I dropped back to 10iu.
    I prefer to stay on the safer side rather then to test out my range of tolerance.
    i agree, so maybe this time, ill play with it a little, see if my doseing could be a little higher. But what is the limit? I mean, to keep from going hypo, just injest more carb right, so what is stopping someone from taking 30 i.u. with 300grms of dex?

alo

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i agree, so maybe this time, ill play with it a little, see if my doseing could be a little higher. But what is the limit? I mean, to keep from going hypo, just injest more carb right, so what is stopping someone from taking 30 i.u. with 300grms of dex?

alo
    death

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    death
    explain.

alo

when you take your slin shot, do you just consume one prot/carb meal afterwards...? no. if you took 30iu's of slin and then downed 300g dex or similar and sat on it... you'd die. a technicality to the wording of your post but didn't want some newbie lookin for huge slin gains to think one dextrose shake at 10g per iu is gonna keep him clear of hypo.

when you take your slin shot, do you just consume one prot/carb meal afterwards...? no. if you took 30iu's of slin and then downed 300g dex or similar and sat on it... you'd die. a technicality to the wording of your post but didn't want some newbie lookin for huge slin gains to think one dextrose shake at 10g per iu is gonna keep him clear of hypo.
    well i hate to bust your bubble bro..... but i am not a newbie to slin, dont let the sign on date fool u. First of all, i dont just down dex and protein and then sit on anythin, i also have a ppwo meal, and a pppwo meal to help with the slin thank you. I am not lookin to make huge gains on slin, im lookin to learn more, isnt that why we are all here? So dont let your mouth get ahead of you, you sound more like the newbie to me, with that accusation of yours.

alo

anybody else care to elaborate? All thoughts are welcome.

alo

anybody else care to elaborate? All thoughts are welcome.

alo
    apparently they aren't.

1. there is not a single accusation in my post.
    2. noone called you a newbie... reread, then go back and read it again. the newbie referenced is the one who sees you sayin why not take 30ius and 300g carbs.
    3. you asked: "I mean, to keep from going hypo, just injest more carb right, so what is stopping someone from taking 30 i.u. with 300grms of dex?"
    i answered: "death" and explained why.

pretty ****in simple huh...

Exclamation

thanks for the insight bro, wow, i dont think i could go slin w/o carbs, IMO, thats askin to be hypo. How do u do it? ive found that i can go about 7grms carb per i.u. slin and be fine. Did you figure out a way to tolerate it? Would very much like to know how you do it?

alo
    i took the risk.
    i experimented,first, I extended the time (shot to carb intake 15 min,20 mi 30 min etc) and I saw to where I endured,i learned a lot doing that,later i began to lower the carbs.
    and now, i am here (...lol.. yet)

(you) next time 7 to 5 gr, do it, you can, and so on.

you have to take care of first simptoms.
    .-sweating profusely (TAKE THE CARB!).
    .-blurry vision (MAXIMAL DANGER,TAKE THE CARB FAST!)
    .-confused and disorientated (WELL...............NEAR GOOD BYE)

I suggest first sq 1 month, later im.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 10-14-2005 at 08:47 AM.

apparently they aren't.

1. there is not a single accusation in my post.
    2. noone called you a newbie... reread, then go back and read it again. the newbie referenced is the one who sees you sayin why not take 30ius and 300g carbs.
    3. you asked: "I mean, to keep from going hypo, just injest more carb right, so what is stopping someone from taking 30 i.u. with 300grms of dex?"
    i answered: "death" and explained why.

pretty ****in simple huh...
    okay..... i took it as an accusation towards me, if it was not intended that way, then im sorry. And yes, i should have reworded that sentence different, it does sound bad for newbs. I was tryin to show an example- i just threw those numbers out, didnt mean literally. but actually u didnt answer. you just said ingest carb and sit, i dont do that, even on 10 i.u. so clarify for me.

alo

alo
    Last edited by alo5603; 10-13-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    What's your reasoning by not taking any carbs?
    Are you eating your nutrients post slin shot?

I can see eating solid healthy foods post shot instead of liquid sugar but not taking anything..?? Please tell. What are your stats. You got pics of yourself?

i took the risk.
    i experimented,first, I extended the time (shot to carb intake 15 min,20 mi 30 min etc) and I saw to where I endured,i learned a lot doing that,later i began to lower the carbs.
    and now, i am here.

i took the risk.
    and now, i am here.

lol, i like how you put it, ill try it, slowly of course. so you get good results doin this? obviously no fat gain if no carb. elaborate your results with me.

alo

Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    What's your reasoning by not taking any carbs?
    Are you eating your nutrients post slin shot?

I can see eating solid healthy foods post shot instead of liquid sugar but not taking anything..?? Please tell. What are your stats. You got pics of yourself?
    cut to bone !
    i am ectomorph.
    i take 50 gr whey protein shake post shot (200-250 gr pro daily).

my previous avatar,was my person.
    5 (feet) 9 (inches)
    200 pounds (ripped).
    wrist 6 inches
    waist 30 inches.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 10-14-2005 at 08:46 AM.

okay..... i took it as an accusation towards me, if it was not intended that way, then im sorry. And yes, i should have reworded that sentence different, it does sound bad for newbs. I was tryin to show an example- i just threw those numbers out, didnt mean literally. but actually u didnt answer. you just said ingest carb and sit, i dont do that, even on 10 i.u. so clarify for me.

alo

alo
    i see that your example was hypothetical. i just wanted to clarify by answering your specific hypothetical question: that if you take this much slin and this amount of carbs... ur probably not gonna be around for a while. i don't really have an answer for you... i'm sure there are people that use over 30iu's a time, the rule of thumb i learned long ago(this could have changed) was 1iu per 10lbs bodyweight(maybe thats supposed to be lbm). in that case i should work my way up to 26.5iu's. highest ive gone is 15 and hypo came on quick and strong.

here's an answer: for heavier guys, higher doses are needed.

i see that your example was hypothetical. i just wanted to clarify by answering your specific hypothetical question: that if you take this much slin and this amount of carbs... ur probably not gonna be around for a while. i don't really have an answer for you... i'm sure there are people that use over 30iu's a time, the rule of thumb i learned long ago(this could have changed) was 1iu per 10lbs bodyweight(maybe thats supposed to be lbm). in that case i should work my way up to 26.5iu's. highest ive gone is 15 and hypo came on quick and strong.

here's an answer: for heavier guys, higher doses are needed.
    makes sense, as i am not a huge guy anyway, i will just play with the dose a little with sugar on hand, not exceding 15i.u. Thanks for your input bro and sorry for the misconception.

alo

makes sense, as i am not a huge guy anyway, i will just play with the dose a little with sugar on hand, not exceding 15i.u. Thanks for your input bro and sorry for the misconception.

alo
    no probs. i know you are familiar with the stuff by your posts. just out of curiousity, how high have you gone and at what weight?

no probs. i know you are familiar with the stuff by your posts. just out of curiousity, how high have you gone and at what weight?
    well, right now, im about 212, give or take. usually average between 215 and 220. ive gone no more than 10 i.u., and i have been as high as 250lbs with that dose. Always done no more than 10 i.u., so when i see others doin higher doses, it makes me wonder why..... i was always under the impression, no matter how big or experience you are, 10 i.u. is enough for anybody...... i guess wrong.

alo

higher doses always seem to make me gain more fat, regardless of whether i changed the diet or not...

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    wow I didnt read all of that....but what I did read made my brain hurt....

IMO there is no need to go over 10ius... dont compare it to test.... 500mg is good then 1g is better.... so I need 20ius of slin..... NO
    If 10 ius isnt getting it done... GET OFF SLIN. as youre becoming resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    wow I didnt read all of that....but what I did read made my brain hurt....

IMO there is no need to go over 10ius... dont compare it to test.... 500mg is good then 1g is better.... so I need 20ius of slin..... NO
    If 10 ius isnt getting it done... GET OFF SLIN. as youre becoming resistant.
    bout time sparkle, i was waitin for you to chime in. I didnt want to call you out so i left it alone, but i wanted to hear your input. so in your opinion, why do some go over 10 i.u.?

alo

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    bout time sparkle, i was waitin for you to chime in. I didnt want to call you out so i left it alone, but i wanted to hear your input. so in your opinion, why do some go over 10 i.u.?

alo

They do because of the 'more-is-better' mentality.

I ran an experiment a little while ago, Mr. Sparkle will know what i'm talking about, where i increased my slin dosage to 20 IUs. There were no perceivable benefits to it.

Other factors remained constant so as not to encourage the possibility of disparities in my research.

Training... carb-to-slin ratio...etc. were constant.

imo...i concur with Sparks.

If you're not getting anything at 10 IUs...then it's time for you to hop off.

(my apologies on bumping a week-old thread)

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

alo
    Thanks bro, and you can always call me out. It makes me better. If I dont know ill research it till I find out
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    They do because of the 'more-is-better' mentality.

I ran an experiment a little while ago, Mr. Sparkle will know what i'm talking about, where i increased my slin dosage to 20 IUs. There were no perceivable benefits to it.

Other factors remained constant so as not to encourage the possibility of disparities in my research.

Training... carb-to-slin ratio...etc. were constant.

imo...i concur with Sparks.

If you're not getting anything at 10 IUs...then it's time for you to hop off.

(my apologies on bumping a week-old thread)
    Thanks for the reply Nark

love the avatar narcissus... i mean narkissos

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    love the avatar narcissus... i mean narkissos
    -->Perfecting the art of self-gazing

Sparkle: No prob... Was running a search on your posts (for a debate on another thread) and came accross this thread...

Hey you're not in green anymore?

yeah, after thinkin it thru, i still dont see why i should go over 10i.u., so i wont. IMO, it will make it harder to keep from gettin fat, and ill have to ingest more carbs and focus even more on stayin away from hypo, and for what, nothin. Thanks for the input from all you guys.

alo

Thread Information