Kappa Capo is offline Associate Member

Humalog and only using simple carbs during active time?

I have read that some of you guys only use simple carbs during active time?
    Tell me more about that plz.

Im using humalog.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    most people use simple carb's for the first part of slin then some real food about an hour after the shake
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    most people use simple carb's for the first part of slin then some real food about an hour after the shake
    Thats the way i always have used slin, but im out from some info on only using simple carbs during the active time.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Theres a HUGE reason behind this.

The times it takes for Simple carbs to be broken down into glucose for use is much less then it does for Complex carbs. Especially for someone like yourself using a fast acting Slin, your body breaks down complex carbs into glucose and it's transported into the cells. Since you're using Humalog it is important to minimize the time it takes the body to convert carbs to simple sugars. By consuming complex carbs you'd be running the risk of not having enough of them broken down into glucose in time when the insulin hits.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo simple carbs are preffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova

The times it takes for Simple carbs to be broken down into glucose for use is much less then it does for Complex carbs. Especially for someone like yourself using a fast acting Slin, your body breaks down complex carbs into glucose and it's transported into the cells. Since you're using Humalog it is important to minimize the time it takes the body to convert carbs to simple sugars. By consuming complex carbs you'd be running the risk of not having enough of them broken down into glucose in time when the insulin hits.

Do you have any good idea's about the diet under the active time?
    With nutrition times and so on

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa Capo
    Since you are consuming a lot of simple carbs (straight dextrose is a good one BTW) and insulin levels are high (from exogenous intervention) - stick to pro/carb... too much fat during this time can delay the release fo the carbs into the blood and may result in fat storage from the slin... not good...

Quote Originally Posted by Kappa Capo

Tons of info on this in this forum alone. Run a search and you'll find all you need. Read what Warrior posted, that will be crucial as well.

GearIdentity is offline Associate Member

So in your opinion would it be better to substitute my ppw meal with a ppw shake consisting of dextrose?? or maybe a ppw meal and shake (ex. 30g complex carb food and 20g dex shake)? Im also taking humalog IM.

Big Bapper is offline Member
    I would use 10g carbs from dextrose and 5g protein from hydro whey per iu of slin PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by GearIdentity
    So in your opinion would it be better to substitute my ppw meal with a ppw shake consisting of dextrose??

Since your PWO meal will come about an hour after your injection I'd stick to whole foods. An equal amount of Carbs to Protein is fine (ie 50/50). Just keep in mind to avoid all fats in this meal and preferably while the Humalog is active.

Since your PWO meal will come about an hour after your injection I'd stick to whole foods. An equal amount of Carbs to Protein is fine (ie 50/50). Just keep in mind to avoid all fats in this meal and preferably while the Humalog is active.
    Thank You! My PW meal will be about 90min after humalog IM, would this also be fine or should I bump up my meal time to 60-75min post humalog IM injection.

should I bump up my meal time to 60-75min post humalog IM injection.

You already know what I"m going to say here (Hint: BG monitor). I'm very sensitive so I never go past 60 minutes or so. I monitored myself for quite some time so now I know my limits. I recommend you do the same.

Ive been monitoring myself and Ive been down to 5g/iu dex and have been fine up to the 90min mark post humalog IM.

I know you said equal amount of carbs to protein (50g protein/50g carb), but if I were to add a whey isolate shake to my pw meal (50g protein meal/50g carb/and a 50g whey isolate shake in addition) 75-90min post insulin would it be an overkill or overflow of nutrients if there is such a thing.

Ive been monitoring myself and Ive been down to 5g/iu dex and have been fine up to the 90min mark post humalog IM.

I know you said equal amount of carbs to protein (50g protein/50g carb), but if I were to add a whey isolate shake to my pw meal (50g protein meal/50g carb/and a 50g whey isolate shake in addition) 75-90min post insulin would it be an overkill or overflow of nutrients if there is such a thing.

PM sent, I dont want to highjack KC's thread. Anymore at least

Thread Information