pwo insulin meal....

i have read...after my post work shot of insulin ....i would drink a carbohydrate shake ....cant i just eat a meal....i am shooting the humalin r intermusclarly...in my bicep...

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_is_a_god
    i have read...after my post work shot of insulin ....i would drink a carbohydrate shake ....cant i just eat a meal....i am shooting the humalin r intermusclarly...in my bicep...

Definitely not........Anything in a hydrolized form will absorb much quicker then whole foods. Plus, you'll have to eat about 2 full cups of oatmeal or any starchy carb to get 100g.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I agree, a drink is better suited for post w/o meal with slin, but I would add a whey protein idolate to those carbs, it has the least amount of fat in it of all the powdered proteins

JohnnyB

oh i am sorry i forgot to say....i started at 2ius....now this is the next workout so ill be doing 3ius

oh i am sorry i forgot to say....i started at 2ius....now this is the next workout so ill be doing 3ius
    Slin,right?

JohnnyB

yes sir....thats why i was wonder if i can shoot that puppy then eat a meal....i have my glucose tabs on hand if anything gets crazy

yes sir....thats why i was wonder if i can shoot that puppy then eat a meal....i have my glucose tabs on hand if anything gets crazy

Why risk it. And another thing Loki. After an IM injection of Slin there isnt much time before it is active. If you dont get something into your system within 15 minutes then you're going to start sensing signs of hypo. At 4iu's just take down half of an ultra fuel. Or bring a shaker to the gym and mix some dex or malt and drink it on your way home. Then drink a protein shake there or mix it in with your carbs as Johnny stated.

Make this easier for yourself or else you're going to run into problems. But you always have the AR board for support

thanks guys....i will follow your directions.....i will go get a shake mix right now...and shoot in the car ...and drink....my shake

thanks guys....i will follow your directions.....i will go get a shake mix right now...and shoot in the car ...and drink....my shake

Great move. I prefer to shoot my Slin in the gym. I bring it with me and inject while I"m sitting on the toilet. Then mix my shake and drive home.

Whatever you're comfortable with Loki.

Best of Luck!!!!

-Jay

Depending on the insulin your using and how you inject will determine your 'window' from the time you start to go hypo. I have only ever ran Humalog so I'm not quite too sure how fast the R will start to take effect.

Regardless...you want to 'shuttle' nutrients(protein, carbs) into your system immediately following your workout and the best way would be to use simple carbs(dextrose, table sugar) because its easliy digested. Complex carbs...rice, potatoes, oats, and the like take longer to digest, again, creating a possible window to go hypo.

You can buy dextrose at a brewery store, yes, a beer brewery store. A half a cup is about 75 grams of carbs, add kool-aid for flavor.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Depending on the insulin your using and how you inject will determine your 'window' from the time you start to go hypo.
    Hey DS, after reading into that I looked and realized that he's running Humulin-R.

I'm assuming that this is your first time running Slin right Loki? Is so you want to be careful with such a long lasting Insulin . I've read that it can stay active for over 6 hours!!!

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    You should know what your using and how to use it before you starting shooting something that can kill you in no time flat. You should be using Humalog but if all you can get is Humulin R def. shoot it IM to speed up the onset time. And do yourself a favor, like Johnny said, get some dextrose. If you can't find a brewery you can order it online dirt cheap. Good idea with the glucose tabs. I've had to use them a couple times.

this is what i am confused with the humalin r....i have read for over a year now from body builders that will will peak at 2hours and stay active for 4hours....then i opened the bottle and read the directions looking for half life and it said up to 12hours....mr sparkle says the same thing 10 to 12hours....peak at 3hours to 5th hour....so i shot at 6pm today....i brought my stuff with me....in a backpack...i shot in the bathroom and drank my shake....

this is what i am confused with the humalin r....i have read for over a year now from body builders that will will peak at 2hours and stay active for 4hours....then i opened the bottle and read the directions looking for half life and it said up to 12hours....mr sparkle says the same thing 10 to 12hours....peak at 3hours to 5th hour....so i shot at 6pm today....i brought my stuff with me....in a backpack...i shot in the bathroom and drank my shake....
    If you are at ALL unsure if the insulin may still be active always have with you a can of soda, some gatorade or something else with some fast digesting carbs.

i shot at 6pm today....i brought my stuff with me....in a backpack...i shot in the bathroom and drank my shake....
    Dude play it safe bro. Get rid of that and pick up some Log or jsut chill back and research a little more.
    If you're taking that at 6pm I really hope you're not going to bed before midnight if not later.

i shot at 6pm today....i brought my stuff with me....in a backpack...i shot in the bathroom and drank my shake....
    Dude play it safe bro. Get rid of that and pick up some Log or jsut chill back and research a little more.
    If you're taking that at 6pm I really hope you're not going to bed before midnight if not later.
    Just be careful

Thread Information