Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512

    need help with igf dosing

    I read 60mcg is an ideal dose of LR3 IGF-I.

    I have 2mL@1mg/mL, so have 2mg of igf

    this would be 2000mcg

    1 unit on my slin syringe seems to be 1/100 of a mL. So do I draw up to the 0.6 unit mark? That is insanely difficult to get that accurate even with slin syringe. Any help on how much to draw up would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I read 60mcg is an ideal dose of LR3 IGF-I.

    I have 2mL@1mg/mL, so have 2mg of igf

    this would be 2000mcg

    1 unit on my slin syringe seems to be 1/100 of a mL. So do I draw up to the 0.6 unit mark? That is insanely difficult to get that accurate even with slin syringe. Any help on how much to draw up would be greatly appreciated.

    100iu = 1ml

    So 10iu = 100mcg
    1iu = 10mcg

    Its easier using the 50iu slin pin.

  3. #3
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MorganKane
    100iu = 1ml

    So 10iu = 100mcg
    1iu = 10mcg

    Its easier using the 50iu slin pin.
    That makes sense, but I am still dont under stand IU's:

    How can I convert from international units (IU) to milligrams or micrograms?
    Generally speaking, you can't. IU's measure the potency of a drug, not its mass or weight.
    from http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/

  4. #4
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Maybe what they mean is that IU is a unit of volume and drugs usually aren't sold by volume, but by weight; so you realy can't convert from iu to mg/mcg since that is converting volume to weight. If that is true then I would draw up 6iu in my slin pin for a 60mcg dose.

    On workout days do I take igf post workout and non-workout days upon rising?

  5. #5
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    What this means is that IU is dependent on the potency of the substance, and each substance would have a different IU to milligram conversion. For example, 1000 IU of Vitamin C would have a different weight than 1000 IU of Vitamin A
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/faq_02.htm

    I am thinking it has to be volume. Like saying 1mL of vitA would contain more "vitamin weight" than 1mL of vitc.

  6. #6
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MorganKane
    100iu = 1ml

    So 10iu = 100mcg
    1iu = 10mcg

    Its easier using the 50iu slin pin.
    Doesn't get any simpler than that!!!A person with an IQ sub normal could figure that out.

    ~Pinnacle~

  7. #7
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I read 60mcg is an ideal dose of LR3 IGF-I.

    .
    You've read wrong.Sorry to be the one to break the bad news.60 mcgs is FAR from the ideal dose.

    ~Pinnacle~

  8. #8
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You've read wrong.Sorry to be the one to break the bad news.60 mcgs is FAR from the ideal dose.

    ~Pinnacle~
    Aight, I just read that in hooker's profile. Should I bump to 100mcgs?

  9. #9
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Aight, I just read that in hooker's profile. Should I bump to 100mcgs?
    I would def stay in the 80-100 mcg range Mike.Anything less is a waste of your hard earned cash.I wish someone told me this before I pissed away thousands running bullshit 50-60 mcg cycles.This is not anabolics in the sense you'd get high blood pressure,acne ect ect.Worse case scenario is you'll get slightly hypo(if not enough carbs are consumed after shot)or you might feel a little lethargic.That's it Mike.This is NOT a dangerous hormone to use.Probably one of the safest drugs I ever used in my life(as far as sides effects go).

    ~Pinnacle~

  10. #10
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I would def stay in the 80-100 mcg range Mike.Anything less is a waste of your hard earned cash.I wish someone told me this before I pissed away thousands running bullshit 50-60 mcg cycles.This is not anabolics in the sense you'd get high blood pressure,acne ect ect.Worse case scenario is you'll get slightly hypo(if not enough carbs are consumed after shot)or you might feel a little lethargic.That's it Mike.This is NOT a dangerous hormone to use.Probably one of the safest drugs I ever used in my life(as far as sides effects go).

    ~Pinnacle~
    Good to hear. Thanks for the help bro.

  11. #11
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    I have been thinking about this and came to this: A unit is 1/100 of a mL, but it is not a IU. For example take HCG . You buy a 5000iu amp and mix it in a 1mL of water. You want to shoot 500iu so that would be 1/10 of your 5000iu/mL solution. So draw up 10 units in your slin pin.

    Now lets say you ordered an amp with 1500iu of hcg. You mix with 1 mL of water. You still want to shoot 500iu. So now it's 1/3 of your 1500iu/mL mix so you draw up 33 units in slin pin.

  12. #12
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You've read wrong.Sorry to be the one to break the bad news.60 mcgs is FAR from the ideal dose.

    ~Pinnacle~
    could be but i've done a couple of lr3 cycles at 50mcg and loved it infact the last run at 80mcg with the 4iu of hgh was way to much for me. think i'm gonna run the next run at 40mcg with 4iu hgh.

    -rodge

  13. #13
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    could be but i've done a couple of lr3 cycles at 50mcg and loved it infact the last run at 80mcg with the 4iu of hgh was way to much for me. think i'm gonna run the next run at 40mcg with 4iu hgh.

    -rodge
    I have to agree, 100mcg for a first run is to much. 40-60mcg is a good starting point, with 60mcg being high. Once you've done it 3-4 times, 100mcg would be good. I've run it 4 or 5 times and am looking at 100mcg for my next run

    JohnnyB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •