Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102

    Exclamation LR3 over 100 mg produce spleen growth.

    LR3 over 100 mg produce spleen growth.

  2. #2
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Good thing we use mcg's and not mg's, I'll be using 100mcg on my next run but that's 1/1000 of 100mg.

    So for all you high dose people, you've been warned, do not use 100mg doses or your spleen will grow.

    By the way oswald, can you post the study or source you got this info from, thanks

    JohnnyB

  3. #3
    wolfyEVH's Avatar
    wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,450
    that would get expensive...haha

  4. #4
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    that would get expensive...haha
    Yes it would

    JohnnyB

  5. #5
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    So for all you high dose people, you've been warned, do not use 100mg doses or your spleen will grow.


    JohnnyB
    Thanks Johnny!

  6. #6
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Thanks Johnny!
    You wouldn't go that high would ya

    JohnnyB

  7. #7
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Good thing we use mcg's and not mg's, I'll be using 100mcg on my next run but that's 1/1000 of 100mg.

    So for all you high dose people, you've been warned, do not use 100mg doses or your spleen will grow.

    By the way oswald, can you post the study or source you got this info from, thanks

    JohnnyB
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you are trapped !

    i wish to say anyway 100 mcg.

    lol.........
    celebrate!

    that resentment! ..lol.........

  8. #8
    Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you are trapped !

    i wish to say anyway 100 mcg.

    lol.........
    celebrate!

    that resentment! ..lol.........
    hmm so its 100mcg ED for spleen growth. U should edit the title, and post a study.

  9. #9
    topvega's Avatar
    topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back from the dead.....
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Slic4788
    hmm so its 100mcg ED for spleen growth. U should edit the title, and post a study.

    yeah were did u get your info???

  10. #10
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    I think Ossie is going by this study....

    …..In conclusion, exogenous IGF-I administered at physiological
    doses did not exert marked effects on body wt
    gain, carcass dimensions, or body composition in intact,
    growing, and well-fed yearling sheep. It had some marked
    endocrine and metabolic effects, however, including
    suppression of plasma insulin , IGFBP-2, and induced
    hyperglycaemia. Marked splenomegaly was also noted.
    These changes must be borne in mind in considering any
    possible therapeutic use of IGF-I. While IGF-I treatment
    in this study did not cause a major somatogenic response
    in well fed normally growing animals, higher doses of
    IGF-I may be more effective. However, under more severe
    conditions such as undernutrition, when GH resistance
    occurs (44) IGF-I is a more effective anabolic agonist…..

    Organ- control- igf 1 treated

    Heart 232.0 +/- 11.0 ------- 230.4 +/ 10.4
    Liver 1005.9 +/- 48.5 ----- 1027.0 +/- 45.9
    Spleen 78.8 +/- 4.6 ------ 114.6 +/- 4.4 (50 %)
    Lungs 502.6 +/- 29.9 ------ 515.1+/- 28.3
    Kidneys 131.8 +/- 5.3 ------ 145.6 +/- 5.0

    and:

    Differences in the association of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and IGF-I variants with rat, sheep, pig, human and chicken plasma-binding proteins.

    Lord AP, Bastian SE, Read LC, Walton PE, Ballard FJ.

    Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia.

    "Associations between labelled insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and IGF-binding proteins in plasma have been compared in the rat, sheep, human, pig and chicken. The IGFs tested were recombinant human IGF-I, the truncated variant, des(1-3)IGF-I, and LR3IGF-I, an extended form that had been engineered so as to minimize interactions with IGF-binding proteins. Marked species differences were demonstrated, notably that the IGF-I variants which exhibited extremely weak binding in rat plasma bound significantly in plasma from the other species. This result was shown both by size-exclusion chromatography of labelled IGFs added to plasma, in which the extent of variant IGF-I binding decreased in the order sheep > human > pig = chicken > rat, and by competition for labelled IGF-I binding in vitro, in which the order was pig = chicken > sheep > human > rat. Notwithstanding these differences, the two IGF-I variants showed only slight between-species binding differences when tested with purified rat, sheep and human IGF-binding protein-3. Ligand blotting experiments with plasma from the five species similarly showed a consistent pattern in that IGF-I binding was much greater than des(1-3)IGF-I binding, which in turn was greater than LR3IGF-I binding"

    less binding,more powerful.

  11. #11
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I think Ossie is going by this study....

    …..In conclusion, exogenous IGF-I administered at physiological
    doses did not exert marked effects on body wt
    gain, carcass dimensions, or body composition in intact,
    growing, and well-fed yearling sheep. It had some marked
    endocrine and metabolic effects, however, including
    suppression of plasma insulin , IGFBP-2, and induced
    hyperglycaemia. Marked splenomegaly was also noted.
    These changes must be borne in mind in considering any
    possible therapeutic use of IGF-I. While IGF-I treatment
    in this study did not cause a major somatogenic response
    in well fed normally growing animals, higher doses of
    IGF-I may be more effective. However, under more severe
    conditions such as undernutrition, when GH resistance
    occurs (44) IGF-I is a more effective anabolic agonist…..

    Organ- control- igf 1 treated

    Heart 232.0 +/- 11.0 ------- 230.4 +/ 10.4
    Liver 1005.9 +/- 48.5 ----- 1027.0 +/- 45.9
    Spleen 78.8 +/- 4.6 ------ 114.6 +/- 4.4 (50 %)
    Lungs 502.6 +/- 29.9 ------ 515.1+/- 28.3
    Kidneys 131.8 +/- 5.3 ------ 145.6 +/- 5.0
    I don't see how that applies to LR3, the study is talking about rhIGF-1 not LR3 IGF-1, but oswald needs to post his source.

    JohnnyB

  12. #12
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    it entertains you.
    no?
    ....lol.......

  13. #13
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    i wish to say anyway 100 mcg.
    Are you saying you meant 100mcg? Either way 100mg or 100mcg post up your sources of info. This is not a personal attack, it's to see how it applies toward us or if it even applies

    JohnnyB

  14. #14
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    LR3 is more potent than IGF 1 by the way their side effects should be stronger.

    ....see pinn get up his doses of LR3 (120 mcg) and he get a bloated look in the abdominal region. coincidence ? i will like to try with 200 mcg but...........

    i think that LR3 over 100 mcg it increases the possibilities of a big belly,plus hgh, more.
    people should be under 100 mcg,just that.

    why ? do you wish a candy?
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 11-14-2005 at 01:54 PM.

  15. #15
    Shaka's Avatar
    Shaka is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    59
    Oswaldosalcedo,

    You need to post your source and/or some studies. Trust me, your rhetoric is not very convincing!

  16. #16
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    LR3 is more potent than IGF 1 by the way their side effects should be stronger.

    ....see pinn get up his doses of LR3 (120 mcg) and he get a bloated look in the abdominal region. coincidence ? i will like to try with 200 mcg but...........

    i think that LR3 over 100 mcg it increases the possibilities of a big belly,plus hgh, more.
    people should be under 100 mcg,just that.

    why ? do you wish a candy?
    Your assumption has some flaws. LR3 binds poorly to IGF-1 BP, that's what give it the added half-life, which is what makes it better then rhIGF-1. So to assume the sides would be worst is wrong, are the sides from rhIGF-1 could because it's being bound to the area of the side effect? If it is then LR3 wouldn't cause the same problem. So if you'd post the source of your info, we could determine if you claims apply to LR3, but I doubt they do. Without a study that is using LR3 IGF-1 and the same sides happen, it's just another opinion or speculation

    We've been through this before Bro, you post studies that don't apply to LR3 IGF-1, you have posted studies on LR3 IGF-1, but they've always been possitive ones, Why? do you wish some candy, what ever that's supposed to mean.

    JohnnyB

  17. #17
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    ....see pinn get up his doses of LR3 (120 mcg) and he get a bloated look in the abdominal region.
    Is this your proof? Because your friend got a bloated look in his abdominal area, you think it caused his speen to grow?

    JohnnyB

  18. #18
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Is this your proof? Because your friend got a bloated look in his abdominal area, you think it caused his speen to grow?

    JohnnyB
    I disagree with what Ossie thinks about my issue.I don't think it is IGF related at all.Myself and others think slin is the culprit.Last time I checked,LR3 IGF-1 didn't convert into IGF-2.
    Further my blood-work came back and my IGF levels were elevated,but not ELEVATED,if you see my point.

    ~Pinnacle~

  19. #19
    goose is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    England...
    Posts
    2,857
    I saw a very sick film last week,his tag line was-you want some of my F*****g candy? What you think JohnnyB,shall we try ossie`s candy-we might get a big belly!!!

    goose4.......

  20. #20
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    I saw a very sick film last week,his tag line was-you want some of my F*****g candy? What you think JohnnyB,shall we try ossie`s candy-we might get a big belly!!!

    goose4.......
    I'll pass

    JohnnyB

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    njva
    Posts
    662
    And if you had your spleen removed?

  22. #22
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by groundandpoundpwr21
    And if you had your spleen removed?
    Then this wouldn't apply, but as it stands it doesn't apply to anyone yet, if the evidence is a friend with a bloated belly, that doesn't make for a scientific eveidence

    JohnnyB

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    njva
    Posts
    662
    If you did get a bloated belly just get that spleen and appendix taken out and make some room, ya dont need the damn things anyway.

  24. #24
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    well............then, the big bellies do not exist.
    that´s that.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 11-17-2005 at 07:36 PM.

  25. #25
    goose is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    England...
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    well............then, the big bellies do not exist.
    that´s that.

    They do exist,just not at the doses we run.As you said in one thread 20iu and 200mg is what ronnie does.

    goose4....

  26. #26
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    well............then, the big bellies do not exist.
    that´s that.
    That's not that, first of all no one said that big bellies don't exist. What we are saying, you post the 100mg (mcg) will cause spleen growth. What we are saying is where is you proof, how do you know your friend spleen grow? Did a Dr do an examination on him? If his spleen did grow, it must of grow quite a bit to make his belly protrude. HGH gut is from the internal organs growing, not one of the smallest ones, but the majority of them or all of them, but not just one. I mean a boated belly could be from gas and have nothing to do with LR3.

    All we asked for was your proof of what you said, instead of saying big belly doesn't exist. You could of just said, I have no proof, it just my guess as to what happened to my friend. But to make an emphatic statement like the one you make, it's going to be questioned, we're going to want proof, other then a, my friend, answer. You made the statement as though you had some type of evidence, you usually post study to back what you are try to say. Some haven't applied to what you were try to say, but none the less you posted a study, we expected the same here.

    No one is personally attacking you, we just wanted proof of what you were saying. No one has ever said LR3 would cause spleen growth at any dose, so of corse we're going to question it and ask for proof

    JohnnyB

  27. #27
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    then exist.

  28. #28
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    I had blood work done.IGF was not the cause my bloated abdominal region.We don't know what caused it.Wasn't diet,nor was it increased body fat,gas ect ect.
    But since I stopped running slin,it has gone away.No one can explain this.But it does appear slin could have been culprit though.

    So if you guys could keep me and my spleen out of this,that would be great....lol....

    ~Pinnacle~

  29. #29
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I had blood work done.IGF was not the cause my bloated abdominal region.We don't know what caused it.Wasn't diet,nor was it increased body fat,gas ect ect.
    But since I stopped running slin,it has gone away.No one can explain this.But it does appear slin could have been culprit though.

    So if you guys could keep me and my spleen out of this,that would be great....lol....

    ~Pinnacle~
    i use 30 ius daily (15+15 bwo or pwo and first thing in the morning)
    i have 30 inches waist (relaxed).

  30. #30
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    I have a 32 inch waist....i don't know how you wear your pants,but I wear mine below the belly button area and they sort of hug my hips....so even with the bloated ab area,I never had a problem with my pants fitting.I had the look of Gustavo in the Mr.O this year.That distended look.........

    I still say it was the slin,but I have no medical proof of that.

    ~Pinnacle~

  31. #31
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    When in doubt,ask an IFBB pro!!Here's what Big A said.....btw,he and his board are awesome!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big A
    Most likely you have candida due to the crappy quality proteins that you would have used (not your fault, just the scamming companies). That, coupled with gear, makes candida grow like mad and most bodybuilders have it.
    The more water retention and carbohydrates you ingest, the more it flourishes.
    So, when you have insulin , you have a great iunflux of carbs, which also results in huge water rention, so candida is flourishing.
    As soon as you stop the insulin, and as such the high crabs, it will subside.
    But you would have to have it treated to be healthy - 300mg of Difflucan, once only, will fix it.
    You can get it over the o****er from pharmacies as it's a thrush treatment.

  32. #32
    hulk100 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    139
    I cant find that study but in some studys children were given 2-7mg of IGF-1 /ed and if they didnt get major sides then adults must be able to take the same dose,
    im just wondering everyone says dont use more then 120mcg of Lr3 IGF-1 but is there any evidence that this would be bad for some reason or has anyone tried to use more then 150mcg?

  33. #33
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk100
    I cant find that study but in some studys children were given 2-7mg of IGF-1 /ed and if they didnt get major sides then adults must be able to take the same dose,
    im just wondering everyone says dont use more then 120mcg of Lr3 IGF-1 but is there any evidence that this would be bad for some reason or has anyone tried to use more then 150mcg?
    You bring up a good point, the idea of only using 120mcg, is what we though from the beganing, when we didn't know that much. I've read studies that were using mg's of LR3 IGF-1, but they were done in animals, not humans.

    I read a post about someone using 200mcg, but it was posted by a source, so take it for what it's worth, he may of only been trying to increase sales. Think about it, you'd need 6mg of LR3 IGF-1 to run it at 200mcg for 30 days. You're talking about 700-1100 bucks depending on where you get it from.

    JohnnyB

  34. #34
    SPIKE's Avatar
    SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glutes & Quads
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Think about it, you'd need 6mg of LR3 IGF-1 to run it at 200mcg for 30 days. You're talking about 700-1100 bucks depending on where you get it from.

    JohnnyB


    Isnt't that the truth. I went ahead and got 3mgs of Igtropin directly from Gensci and paid $290 a mg. Thats double from what I was previously paying but I"m hardheaded and wanted to try it.

    All in all spent almost $900 to run 100mcg/day ED for 1 month!!!!

  35. #35
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Very expensive sport we dabble in.....I knew I should have been a football player instead...lol...

    ~Pinnacle~

  36. #36
    SPIKE's Avatar
    SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glutes & Quads
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Very expensive sport we dabble in.....I knew I should have been a football player instead...lol...

    ~Pinnacle~

    , Nah I'm sure most of them spend a lot more on gear then we do.

  37. #37
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Very expensive sport we dabble in.....I knew I should have been a football player instead...lol...

    ~Pinnacle~
    Is that cause of the money they make

    JohnnyB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •